2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Highest Market Adjustment you have seen?

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/05, 08:03 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at Chapman Ford in NE Philly today, and I saw a white GT vert (cloth seats....regular radio) which was priced at 31K. They had a 10K adjustment.....

Have we seen any higher?
Old 3/25/05, 08:22 AM
GT Member

Wow - That beats the $3k Adjustment I saw in Milwaukee.

That's just crazy, but the dealer told me that he really wanted to keep it in the showroom because few people will order a car sight unseen. So he was protecting his GT.
Old 3/25/05, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Five here at several places. But it has dropped on the V's to 1500.

Can't find a GT any here.
Old 3/25/05, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

5k on a GT at Hadleman Ford on Rt.130 in NJ.
Old 3/25/05, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Did it sell for 10k? The dealership here sold its first mustang GT for 7k over. The guy brought a flat bed truck and took it home.
Old 3/25/05, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Capitalism at its finest. I saw $5000 mark ups on GT's at a dealer we went to. Could we have afforded it? Yes. Did we buy? No. This is what dealers do. We all know it. Remember what happened with the Miata, PT Cruiser, and many other "in demand" models? If someone out there wants to pay the mark up, more power to them. Otherwise they can sit on the lot until the dealer decides to lower the price, or put them on eBay. To take a quote from the Simpson's, "You'll get a healthy mix of the rich and the ignorant", sometimes they are one in the same. BTW, billyclo, you'll have to let us know what the dealer marks up the new GT500 when it comes out, that ought to be good for a laugh
Old 3/25/05, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

5k on all GT's at a dealership near me (I won't say their name)...
I am talking January, I don't know if they still have it, probably yes...
Old 3/25/05, 12:33 PM
GT Member

Talking

Anyone willing to pay even $1000 above MSRP is an idiot IMO let alone $5000. I'd buy a used vette just to be spiteful!
Old 3/25/05, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sharkstang@March 25, 2005, 1:36 PM
Anyone willing to pay even $1000 above MSRP is an idiot IMO let alone $5000. I'd buy a used vette just to be spiteful!

Guess there will be lots of idiots driving 05 GT's this summer while many people wait with C/U status on their orders. It all comes down to how bad you want it. People pay $4 for a small bottle of water at amusement parks too.
Old 3/25/05, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

$5K on a black GT vert at Saybrook Ford in CT. Brings the price to $38K! :notnice:
Old 3/25/05, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I have seen a $5000 mark up on V6 's at Man O War Ford in Lex. An none at Commonwealth Ford in Richmond (about 25 miles south of Lex). I could buy a GT in Richmond for the price of a V6 in Lexington. :scratch: :notnice:
Old 3/25/05, 01:40 PM
GT Member

IMO being the car is a lot of car for the money compared to what else is out there Ford should have maybe priced the MSRP on these cars a bit higher so there was more profit and have the dealers discount them off the MSRP so people would be thinking they were getting a good deal. This way customers would be getting some cash off the MSRP which is what people want. That way the profit is there for the dealers and everyone thinks they got a good deal and everyone is happy. Unfortunately the manufacturer has nothing to do with what the dealers sell the cars for but think about it, if these new mustangs were priced a few thousand dollars more people would still agree its still a great buy for what is yet people still want a discount off the sticker no matter what the cost actually is. I don't know about you but I think most people if they think they got a deal thats all the really matters. For those who don't care then it wouldn't. Does this make any sense or am I just rambling?
Old 3/25/05, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sharkstang@March 25, 2005, 2:43 PM
IMO being the car is a lot of car for the money compared to what else is out there Ford should have maybe priced the MSRP on these cars a bit higher so there was more profit and have the dealers discount them off the MSRP so people would be thinking they were getting a good deal. This way customers would be getting some cash off the MSRP which is what people want. That way the profit is there for the dealers and everyone thinks they got a good deal and everyone is happy. Unfortunately the manufacturer has nothing to do with what the dealers sell the cars for but think about it, if these new mustangs were priced a few thousand dollars more people would still agree its still a great buy for what is yet people still want a discount off the sticker no matter what the cost actually is. I don't know about you but I think most people if they think they got a deal thats all the really matters. For those who don't care then it wouldn't. Does this make any sense or am I just rambling?
You are indeed rambling, beleive me Ford is doing exactly the right thing with the pricing on this car, they are going to sell so many units I just hope this lasts for awhile, this will place Ford back on top, and gives the average American the chance to own this fantastic car, let the rest of the world take note, America and American Wheels are still #1 ...
Old 3/25/05, 04:30 PM
GT Member

Ford is doing exactly the right thing with the pricing on this car, they are going to sell so many units I just hope this lasts for awhile, this will place Ford back on top, and gives the average American the chance to own this fantastic car, let the rest of the world take note, America and American Wheels are still #1 ...

I agree, except Ford is gonna need a few other best-in-class vehicles to really turn around. Now, lets all buy more American when we can.
Old 3/25/05, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

beleive me Ford is doing exactly the right thing with the pricing on this car, they are going to sell so many units I just hope this lasts for awhile, this will place Ford back on top, and gives the average American the chance to own this fantastic car, let the rest of the world take note, America and American Wheels are still #1 ...

Amen to this, right on the spot !
Old 3/25/05, 10:18 PM

Back in October I saw a legend lime gt $15,000 over msrp at Board Ford in Whittier, CA. Salesman told it was a great deal at $42,000 I decided to skip on this deal and buy elsewhere.
Old 3/25/05, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by billyclo@March 25, 2005, 11:06 AM
I was at Chapman Ford in NE Philly today, and I saw a white GT vert (cloth seats....regular radio) which was priced at 31K. They had a 10K adjustment.....

Have we seen any higher?
White GT vert at 31k? Thats about normal. (MSRP) Are you saying it was 41k?
Old 3/25/05, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by billyclo@March 25, 2005, 8:06 AM

Have we seen any higher?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www6.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/Di...VFT85H055171465]05 Mustang GT Vert[/URL]
(I posted this message on March 11)
After work today I decided to stop by a dealership in the area to ask about the problems with my car (gas tank,popping noise in the front end, shaker 500 CD player skipping), and as I pulled into the driveway I saw an 05 Mustang GT Vert, Mineral Grey with upgraded wheels and tires.
Before I left the dealership I decided to look at the car and see how bad they were gouging the customers.

The first thing I noticed is NO IUP, then I walked around to the other side to look at the sticker, and this is what I found-
Total MSRP 33,165
Tires/Wheels 4,995
Markup 10,000

Total 48,165

If you click on the link I listed you'll see that details of the car (including MSRP)
What's not listed is the cost of the wheels and tires and the 10,000 "market adjustment"

I have to admit that the car was nice...but not worth 48.165
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I said before I posted this message about the 05 Mineral Grey 'Vert I saw at Pasadena Ford in Pasadena CA way back on the 11th...and I thought I would let you all know that the car is still availabe today. I drove by the dealer this afternoon and saw the car on the lot.
Old 3/25/05, 10:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by GregS2005GT@March 25, 2005, 1:49 PM
People pay $4 for a small bottle of water at amusement parks too.
Yea, even when there's water fountains and/or when you can simply ask for a cup of ice water. It still amazes me.

The highest 'markup' I saw was that eBay auction for $ over sticker on a new GT back in the fall...
Old 3/25/05, 10:56 PM
V6 Member

Saw a vert in Columbia MD. last week 8k premium. Unreal.

Speed

Quick Reply: Highest Market Adjustment you have seen?