2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
View Poll Results: Add something else or leave it as is?
Add something (Make sure to leave your suggestion.)
59.26%
Looks good as is don't mess with it.
40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Help! What if any thing does my car need?

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/07 | 07:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
+1

+1
You and your dang anti-pony campaign.

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
I say GT/CS side scoops or the rear bumper, CDC third brakelight, hood stripe
Already have the brakelight. Don't think the CS bumper goes with my retro look. IMO it's more of a sporty look. I'd like a hood stripe it's just I'm don't know which one.
Old 8/12/07 | 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

How about the Silverhorse flush louvers and a Street Scene center fog grille?
Old 8/12/07 | 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I think your car looks great! If it was mine I would exchange the quarter window louvers with the SHR flush mount ones.
Rich thats exactly what I was going to suggest, good idea!
Old 8/12/07 | 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Thanks. My only complaint on the SHR louvers is they leave that gap just like the stock 1/4 window. Plus I already have the CDC louvers and can't see me spending more money on a variation of something I already have.
Thats OK Leo we can agree to disagree but the flush mount SHR louvers are about a cool looking as you can get, period. Billster should also get these hint hint Bill Flush mount to me look factory supplied and the others look add on, again just my opinion.

Bottom line though Leo is your GT looks really great, even if you do nothing pal
Old 8/12/07 | 07:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I would say fuel door from Marcello. As for the badges, I lean towards the old school too. Keep the tri-bars.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:04 PM
Cobra R Member

I like the matte black stripe idea Leo...Which I think would look good with the CDC billet.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:07 PM
Cobra R Member

What about a black rear medallion with a tribar pony like Mike put on his vert? I'm thinking about painting mine flat black. I love the way the Roush Blackjack's rear badge looks like.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
How about the Silverhorse flush louvers and a Street Scene center fog grille?
I perfer the stock grill.

Originally Posted by kh765
I like the matte black stripe idea Leo...Which I think would look good with the CD billet.
CD billet???

What about a black rear medallion with a tribar pony like Mike put on his vert? I'm thinking about painting mine flat black. I love the way the Roush Blackjack's rear badge looks like.
I think that looks really cool but I already have a tribar pony on my ducktail and think it would be overkill to have another one in such close proximity.

I think you guys can tell by now why it is I haven't been able to decid what to add next. I'm very picky and probably put way to much thought into it. Thanks for all your suggestions so far keep them coming.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:16 PM
Cobra R Member

I'd say that on your particular car, the GT/CS side scoops may look good, due to the way the front lip and louvers extend out some. It seems that the scoops would be a nice complement to those, but I'd have to see them in person to be sure
Old 8/12/07 | 08:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
CD billet???

I think that looks really cool but I already have a tribar pony on my ducktail and think it would be overkill to have another one in such close proximity.
Fixed.

Yeah, I forgot about your tribar on the spoiler. Maybe you could just get a GT badge and try painting it black around the center emblem? If I can find a spare v6 rear badge, I think I'm going to try it. (very cheap mod)
Old 8/12/07 | 08:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Fixed.

Yeah, I forgot about your tribar on the spoiler. Maybe you could just get a GT badge and try painting it black around the center emblem? If I can find a spare v6 rear badge, I think I'm going to try it. (very cheap mod)
EDIT: nevermind, wrong part of center emblem discussed. But, I can tell you if it's plated the same way as the fender emblems, you have to scrape all of the chrome plating off before painting it.

I originally did the "FORD" on the rear, and that was easy, but wasn't chrome plated in the letters (it's black, and I just changed it to red).
Old 8/12/07 | 08:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

After thinking about it for a while, I'd suggest two things:

1) I can't tell from the pix, but I would tint the windows as black as you can.

2) Is your chin spoiler painted to match or is it the textured black? If its textured, I'd paint it to match.

Overall other than these two things I'd leave it as is- it looks great man. Leave as is until you decide to change wheels sometime down the road.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
EDIT: nevermind, wrong part of center emblem discussed. But, I can tell you if it's plated the same way as the fender emblems, you have to scrape all of the chrome plating off before painting it.
That could be a PITA.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:43 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by tom281

2) Is your chin spoiler painted to match or is it the textured black? If its textured, I'd paint it to match.

Overall other than these two things I'd leave it as is- it looks great man. Leave as is until you decide to change wheels sometime down the road.
+1
Old 8/12/07 | 08:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281

First of thanks.

1)Oops probably should've posted a pic with the windows up. Their already at 20% and illegal.

2)It's matte black. Finally someone validated what I'd been thinking in my head. I considered getting it painted black I'm just scared of how the paint will hold up to all the rocks and road debris. The matte finish still looks like new.

Unless someone makes the bullits in a 18X9 or bigger I'm keeping those. With that said at some point I will be switching to BFG KDW's 255's all around.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm surprised only a couple of you have suggested stripes of any kind.

Do you think stripes (Full stripes/Hood stripe w/rocker stripes) would look bad or is that it just looks fine without?? Just wondering since I thought that would be the #1 thing everyone was going to suggest.
Old 8/12/07 | 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

If I ever got stripes I would have to go with some fat white ones. Maybe paint the tri-bar pony fender emblems a flat black if you get the flat black stripes???
Old 8/12/07 | 11:04 PM

3m paint protection film: full bumper, extended hood and fenders, door cups... otherwise just keep it as is. looks great!
Old 8/12/07 | 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

i don't really like stripes. they're a little to show-y for my taste,
BUT i think it would make the biggest difference and definitely set your car over the top.
and it would compliment your other mods, imo.

side scoops, fuel doors, painting the chin spoiler etc. are too subtle to make a big difference.

if i went with stripes i would definitely go charcoal metallic.
subtle yet a big statement.
Old 8/13/07 | 05:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I think it looks fine without stripes. Also FYI I've had my CDC classic painted for over a year now; it does not have a single chip and the only time its ever been damaged at all is when I pulled in too far and hit a parking bumper- completely my fault. It has held up very well IMO.

I just think that you're spoiler now looks kinda tacked on with the current finish; I don't mean to me an a s s or anything but that's just my opinion. I'd paint it!

Quick Reply: Help! What if any thing does my car need?