2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! SCARED!

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/05, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok I was pulling into work when i seen this idiot dart out as i pulled in (mind i work at a gas station) and came close to hitting me until i gunned it and i ran over a 3" curb. :bang: We'll I usually gun it outta their in the evening and it felt like it skipped 2nd gear.. and now 2nd seems to have a loud noise like a rumbling noise.. And maybe it's just my parionya acting up but feels like 2nd's acceleration is screwed. :shock: Has anyone had anything like this? if so please tell me if i should worry. I wouldn't think hitting a curb would do that.. but i dunno. It was running like a race horse earlier now it's running like a baby pony.. we'll it may be in my mind
Old 10/17/05, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could of done some damage, maybe just a connection or something.....I don't know. I'd bring it back to the dealership and complain. Just tell them it's acting funny and see what they find.
Don't confess to anything of course!
Old 10/17/05, 09:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

will this be covered under 10,000 miles?? I hope
Old 10/18/05, 03:30 AM
Bullitt Member

It should be! (3yrs 36,000 bumper to bumper)
Just don't tell them what you did.
Happy Trails!!!
Old 10/18/05, 01:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Having been under mine a few times, the transmission is just as low as the rest of the undercarriage, so depending on where you hit the crub, it might have knocked the transmission around :scratch: Get underneath it and look for where you hit the curb
Old 10/18/05, 01:55 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Pitch Black@October 17, 2005, 6:43 PM
Ok I was pulling into work when i seen this idiot dart out as i pulled in (mind i work at a gas station) and came close to hitting me until i gunned it and i ran over a 3" curb. :bang: We'll I usually gun it outta their in the evening and it felt like it skipped 2nd gear.. and now 2nd seems to have a loud noise like a rumbling noise.. And maybe it's just my parionya acting up but feels like 2nd's acceleration is screwed. :shock: Has anyone had anything like this? if so please tell me if i should worry. I wouldn't think hitting a curb would do that.. but i dunno. It was running like a race horse earlier now it's running like a baby pony.. we'll it may be in my mind
You guys ever heard of making eye contact? This is a situation where you make eye to eye contact with someone about to do something really stupid.. This eye contact makes them aware that you are ready to act upon their stupidity in a moments notice.. Normally, this is enough to cause them to stop and think of what it feels like to be dragged out of their car and beaten in public.. 9 times out of 10 it works, without ever having to say a word, or flip someone off.. You guys should try it..

Just be prepared to act if the situation should get out of hand.. It normally doesnt.. But just in case..
Old 10/18/05, 04:00 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally posted by MSP@October 18, 2005, 12:58 PM
You guys ever heard of making eye contact? This is a situation where you make eye to eye contact with someone about to do something really stupid.. This eye contact makes them aware that you are ready to act upon their stupidity in a moments notice.. Normally, this is enough to cause them to stop and think of what it feels like to be dragged out of their car and beaten in public.. 9 times out of 10 it works, without ever having to say a word, or flip someone off.. You guys should try it..

Just be prepared to act if the situation should get out of hand.. It normally doesnt.. But just in case..
What's wrong with giving the bird? :nono: (CLOSEST TO BIRD FLIPPING)