2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Help. Right side Saleen HID High Beam not working after install.

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/08, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help. Right side Saleen HID High Beam not working after install.

I Bought a new set of saleen HID from a local guy. After installing, the high beam on the passenger side doesn't work. The driver's side the plastic part would move to create the high beam, but the passenger's side doesn't move at all. Also, it appears that the color of the light on each side seems to be different. One whiter than the other.
Does any know how to fix this? Would contacting saleen be of any help? Since I didn't buy from them or their vendor, would they fix it for me? The guy that sold me the HID got the light from a friend of his that works at saleen.
The install was a pain in the ***. The light output was horrible, it was like equivalant to my stock gt fog lights. The light does not emit far enough to see beyond the car. Maybe the headlights are not adjusted right but the light output is horrible.
Has anyone experience these problems? Thanks.
Old 10/1/08, 09:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds to me like something is wrong with that light, it should be quite a bit brighter than that. Either the bulb or ballast is on the way out. Talk to the guy you purchased them from, see if he can get you some help from his friend at Saleen.
Old 10/5/08, 10:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
I have Saleens. Yes, the install is a pain in the ***. However, the light output was significantly better than stock. The temp is 4300K... not the purplish lights, but the more yellow/whitish common with the OEM Ford ones.

That being said, I'd be HIGHLY suspicious about mismatched light colors. It sounds to me that the dude that sold them to you must have altered the lights somehow, and maybe trashed the reflector motor assembly in the process.

Get your money back if you can. NOW. I'll say it again. NOW.

It is HIGHLY doubtful that Saleen will help you. They have a deserved reputation for poor customer service. I personally have an axe to grind with them after the "burned reflector" fiasco. They lied to me and broke promises, and THAT is after I dropped $1400 on those lights.

So IMO do what you can NOW to see if the guy that sold them to you will take them back. If not, you will be stuck with an albatross you won't be able to get rid of.