Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP@!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/25/08, 02:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HELP@!!!!

Alrighty... had my car since April of 2005 and just started having problems this year.. one the alternator has blew 2 times and had it rebuilt... believe its the Amps for the Shaker 1000 adding a battery to the truck to relieve some load off the alternator.
but my main concern is my gauges.. I have had erratic gauges for a while now..
I have the basic cluster not the MyColor.
The RPM has been fine.. at first it was my Speedometer. It was reading way 80mph when the car was off and doing reading off the odometer when doing hwy speeds.
So i turned the car off and on several times and it worked its way down to the correct spot.. it did this a couple of times and hasn't done it in months.
but now it is the temp gauge.. it won't reset it is completely invereted.
and now when its cold outside or cool, and i start my car my gas gauge says empty.. no matter what the temp is... and today i filled it up and it went way way past the full mark..

What in the heck is wrong with my gauge.. How much am i looking at paying to have this resolved.
Old 10/25/08, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it was me i would take it to the dealership
Old 10/25/08, 03:00 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm, I can't see it being the amps that run the shaker 1000 subs. They really don't pull that much besides, the alternator would have no issue handling that or more people would be blowing alternators (mine is an 05 as well with shaker 1000 and I have had no alternator issues). Not sure how adding a battery in the trunk is going to help.
I also agree with Polo. Take your car to the dealer.
Old 10/25/08, 03:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if you added another battery there would still be a drain on the alternator to charge both of them and you would need to add a relay. Your electrical system is to blame for the faulty alternators as you have blown it twice.
Old 10/25/08, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You and me both brother...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ghlight=fooked

Mine is the tach and fuel gauge, not related to the PIE adapter. Take the cluster out and it feels like the needles are stuck, like the gears inside are jammed up. I posted mine and nobody responded. My car is out of warranty, so I might be buying a GT500 cluster. Let me know what you find as I'm very interested.