2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Help 2005 v6 4.0L mustang base

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/17, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help 2005 v6 4.0L mustang base

Hi i have a 2005 mustang v6 and it recently broke down on me. What happened was white smoke coming out the back end of my car i pulled over and my front end was smoking. It was raditor fluid everywhere. I looked it up and it said if radiator fluid is coming out your back end it is your head gasket blown. Couldnt get to it so we put it back together once we got to the temp housing we notcied a 5inch crack found the problem. Thats not all. We tried starting my car and it is rough it sounds like a straight pipe it boggles and it wants to shut off and over heat. Now i fixed spark plugs new wires new thermostat and temp housing crankshaft pulley and idler pulley and tensioner. Next is radiator because it is clogged which might solve the problem for the over heating. But that still leaves the issue of car being loud like a straight pipe it boggling while its idling and a vaccum leak and why it wants to shut off i have one code its p0340 camshaft sensor bank 1 circuit 1 or single sensor is this just the sensor thats causing the timing to be bad and the fuel injection or is it my timing?
Old 6/16/17, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a magna flow exhaust and it never sounded so loud what could be this issue?
Old 6/17/17, 02:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
White smoke coming out the back end is not good. Overheating to that degree on top of it all is seriously bad. That's a blown head gasket at the very least, a cracked block at the worst. and a 5 inch crack already found... yeah.

In any event, it's a *very* major issue with your engine. The other symptoms are all results of the problem: The engine is likely toast jam and jelly... aka 'done'. Stop trying to fix it unless you're willing and capable of doing an engine teardown to find out what's going on, or just swap out the entire block. Take it to a shop and have it dealt with right. Shotgunning it and throwing things at it is just going to cost you money and time and still not fix it.

I could be wrong. I could be off base, but the description as put indicates it's very bad.

I know it sucks. But truth is truth. Sorry man.

Last edited by houtex; 6/17/17 at 02:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (6/18/17)