2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Heater/Defrost airflow balance

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/06 | 09:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by AWmustang
Well i guess if they can't figure out something like this, that has been in cars for decades, I guess it's reasonable that they couldn't figure out how to get my windows to open from the remote. GRRRR!!! That one still gets me.
They can all they have to do is plug in the computer and tell it enable, but when this feature first started some owners walked out to thier cars and found the windows down , when they had in fact left them up, I in that case would rather do it my self then its human error not mechanical interferance. I do like the bounce back safty in the windows if someting blocks window from closing it snaps down or open .
Old 10/28/06 | 07:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 302svt
I know this is an old post but I have am 07 that does the same thing and I know it isnt suppose too because if you wanted it to go to defrost and floor then you have a position for that. Has anyone gotten their cars fixed yet. Thanks
I have seen some posts that people got a response from Ford that it was normal and helped to make sure the front window does not fog, but this is not the case at all from what I've seen. It makes it worse. A few times now I have been driving in the rain with temps 40 to 50 outside and I have used the control in "floor" only mode and of course a good deal of air is still blowing out the windshield defrost vent. I can sit there and actually watch the front window and *all* windows begin to fog up. It appears to be because the system is not using the compressor to first remove the moisture when in that mode. If I turn on floor/defrost it begins to clear right away since the compressor is used or I can turn on the AC button to force the compressor on. I also tried the recirculate air button to force it to use cabin air instead but this did not help either.
To try and get heat out the floor only I have put it in floor/dash mode and closed all the dash outlets. This doesn't do too bad a job but the dash outlets can get pretty hot. At least in this mode I can get it to the floor without fogging up the windows.
Old 10/28/06 | 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Guys there is another post on this a few down from this one or the previous page. It is a new post. I just went through this and took my car in and the dealer ordered a new heater control....apparently the entire unti you see in the dash. Anyway they swapped it out and it works fine. Mine started out as a flow control issue but over time when you would put the selection in the off position it wouldnt shut off and I actually had to put it one to thr right of off to work. It was as if everythign was off by one. Tell your dealer not to be a dipsh*t and fix the issue.
Old 10/28/06 | 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
They can all they have to do is plug in the computer and tell it enable, but when this feature first started some owners walked out to thier cars and found the windows down , when they had in fact left them up, I in that case would rather do it my self then its human error not mechanical interferance. I do like the bounce back safty in the windows if someting blocks window from closing it snaps down or open .
Tried that. My car's computer has this option permanently disabled.

Supposedly the problem was if the door was opened in the rain and the controls got wet, the windows could open by them selves.
Old 10/28/06 | 04:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Webba
I just went through this and took my car in and the dealer ordered a new heater control....apparently the entire unti you see in the dash. Anyway they swapped it out and it works fine. Mine started out as a flow control issue but over time when you would put the selection in the off position it wouldnt shut off and I actually had to put it one to thr right of off to work. It was as if everythign was off by one. Tell your dealer not to be a dipsh*t and fix the issue.
Your issue doesn't sound the same but maybe the fix is the same. Now that you had new controls put in can you confirm that when the heater is in floor ONLY mode that no air comes out of the front windshield defrost vents? Thanks