2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/05, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by graphicguy@February 20, 2005, 2:48 PM

It's up to you. But, the vehicle order confirmation has a line for A/Z/D pricing....and right under that, X plan pricing. What exactly did they give you that didn't show these prices?

Hate to say it, but you're being "jacked" by this dealer. That being the case, they aren't going to price protect you anyway and I doubt you'll see your car in 4 more months because they probably haven't even ordered it. If you've got to start over, get your deposit back and order from another dealer. You're current dealer isn't going to get you a car, anyway.
:scratch: OK, you are even more pessimistic than I am. I have the order confirmation on the car with 515 pricing, it just doesn't say anything about the X-plan. The car is already built and on its way via convoy carrier (that is from Ford, not my dealer). I am just trying to determine what I actually owe and I won't pay any more than that.
It wouldn't suprize me if they try to "jack me around" but now that I have the answers, I will be better prepared for any BS. I have a few connections at Ford and will use them if need be, but I just want my car at the price we agreed to. I will post how this all works out and try to help anyone else that is having any problems if I can.
Old 2/20/05, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by wsmatau+February 20, 2005, 6:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ February 20, 2005, 6:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-graphicguy@February 20, 2005, 2:48 PM

It's up to you. But, the vehicle order confirmation has a line for A/Z/D pricing....and right under that, X plan pricing. What exactly did they give you that didn't show these prices?

Hate to say it, but you're being "jacked" by this dealer. That being the case, they aren't going to price protect you anyway and I doubt you'll see your car in 4 more months because they probably haven't even ordered it. If you've got to start over, get your deposit back and order from another dealer. You're current dealer isn't going to get you a car, anyway.
:scratch: OK, you are even more pessimistic than I am. I have the order confirmation on the car with 515 pricing, it just doesn't say anything about the X-plan. The car is already built and on its way via convoy carrier (that is from Ford, not my dealer). I am just trying to determine what I actually owe and I won't pay any more than that.
It wouldn't suprize me if they try to "jack me around" but now that I have the answers, I will be better prepared for any BS. I have a few connections at Ford and will use them if need be, but I just want my car at the price we agreed to. I will post how this all works out and try to help anyone else that is having any problems if I can.

[/b][/quote]
what is your order type, ( right to the left of price level), if you ordered under x plan, it should say X. I also ordered x plan, price level 515, so I guess you ordered before 12 13 04( price increase)...Your x plan price should beThe last item on the right hand side, mine is 25081.35...see my sig for options in my car.
Old 2/20/05, 08:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by wsmatau@February 20, 2005, 6:53 PM
I am just trying to determine what I actually owe and I won't pay any more than that.
I have a few connections at Ford and will use them if need be, but I just want my car at the price we agreed to.
I'm sort of confused. In the first quote you say you are trying to determine what you owe. In the second quote you say you want the car at the agreed price. Shouldn't these be the same. If you agreed on a price that's what you should owe. If you're agreement didn't have pricing, only the fax that you would pay x-plan, I guarantee they will try to bump you to the current pricing.
Old 2/20/05, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Karpro+February 20, 2005, 9:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ February 20, 2005, 9:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wsmatau@February 20, 2005, 6:53 PM
I am just trying to determine what I actually owe and I won't pay any more than that.
I have a few connections at Ford and will use them if need be, but I just want my car at the price we agreed to.
I'm sort of confused. In the first quote you say you are trying to determine what you owe. In the second quote you say you want the car at the agreed price. Shouldn't these be the same. If you agreed on a price that's what you should owe. If you're agreement didn't have pricing, only the fax that you would pay x-plan, I guarantee they will try to bump you to the current pricing.
[/b][/quote]
Karpro, you are right,they are the same. I meant that I owe what I agreed to pay (X-plan pricing). I do not have the original order confirmation only a duplicate that indicates 515 pricing.

Davids2Toys, the order confirmation I have says my order type is 1. Can't I trace my order using my X-plan PIN? Shouldn't PIN #XXXXX say "2005 Mustang GT: with XXXX options? My order confirmation only states retail and dealer invoice.

Like I have said before, I don't know if my dealership is crooked, or just grossly incompetent. I just want to feel like I have all my ducks in a row before I go in there.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 2/20/05, 10:21 PM
FR500 Member

my order type says 1.....but im using x-plan....i still gotta give them my pin number
Old 2/20/05, 10:49 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=aponyfan,February 20, 2005, 1:38 PM]
Can anyone offer a little guidance on using this list? I'm trying to approximate my own X-Plan price.

(Invoice - 4%) + 4% + $150

Using this price list, do I use Dealer Price or Dealer Invoice w/ Holdback as the starting Invoice price?

Someone told me awhile back msrp x 0.925 = Xplan
it's around a 2,000 discount!
Hope this helps!
Happy Trails!!
Old 2/21/05, 12:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my order go in last Tuesday, the 15th, so I just missed the price increase!

Thanks Karpro!

X-plan is Dealer invoice price, plus Destination and delivery, plus $250 for the local advertizing cost.
Old 2/21/05, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Falchion@February 21, 2005, 1:57 PM
I had my order go in last Tuesday, the 15th, so I just missed the price increase!

Thanks Karpro!

X-plan is Dealer invoice price, plus Destination and delivery, plus $250 for the local advertizing cost.
Falchion,

That's now the 3rd calculation I've seen for X-Plan pricing along with the one in the FAQ and the one 69stang351w mentioned above.

Is anyone else out there aware of any other options or the definiative answer?

Thanks, All.
Old 2/21/05, 06:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Karpro+February 20, 2005, 9:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ February 20, 2005, 9:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wsmatau@February 20, 2005, 6:53 PM
[/b][/quote]
Paul, if my VOC says, order type X, and I HAVE pricing on the lower right hand side........it says,A/Z/D plan 23972.46
x plan 25081.35
So Am i to understand correctly, that the price is good and I should not have to pay any increases from the day that i ordered and left my deposit???
Old 2/21/05, 06:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps so, but I got my information from my companies Home page under employee discounts, and the X-plan is what I used to put in my order......

I can't speak about other information from other sources.......

Originally posted by aponyfan+February 21, 2005, 6:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aponyfan @ February 21, 2005, 6:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Falchion@February 21, 2005, 1:57 PM

Thanks Karpro!

Falchion,

That's now the 3rd calculation I've seen for X-Plan pricing along with the one in the FAQ and the one 69stang351w mentioned above.

Is anyone else out there aware of any other options or the definiative answer?

Thanks, All.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/21/05, 06:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys+February 21, 2005, 7:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ February 21, 2005, 7:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Karpro@February 20, 2005, 9:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-wsmatau
@February 20, 2005, 6:53 PM

Paul, if my VOC says, order type X, and I HAVE pricing on the lower right hand side........it says,A/Z/D plan 23972.46
x plan 25081.35
So Am i to understand correctly, that the price is good and I should not have to pay any increases from the day that i ordered and left my deposit???
[/b][/quote]

I'm not Paul, it's not even my middle name, but I know for a fact that you're locked in at the price given when you ordered it. They go by the date of the order.
Old 2/21/05, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom+February 21, 2005, 7:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ February 21, 2005, 7:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by davids2toys@February 21, 2005, 7:26 PM
Originally posted by Karpro@February 20, 2005, 9:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-wsmatau
@February 20, 2005, 6:53 PM

x plan 25081.35
I'm not Paul, it's not even my middle name, but I know for a fact that you're locked in at the price given when you ordered it. They go by the date of the order.
[/b][/quote]
Tom, who said you were Paul, I was refering to karpro..I was just replying to his post, his quote is right above my post.