2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is this happened to somebody else ?

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04 | 07:55 AM
GT Member

Yes Celticcub, as a man of the law I can tell you that assault/battery/defending property laws do differ from state to state. Just ask a Texan. If I'm not mistaken they have some of the "best" laws in regards to defending your property/home. Many laws vary from state to state as does sentancing.
Old 12/15/04 | 08:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya...too bad your car would have to be inside your house to defend it without a big hassle in court. :crazy:
Old 12/15/04 | 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 15, 2004, 8:44 AM
dey stylin wiff it on dey necks sho 'nuff!
fo shizzle
Old 12/15/04 | 12:31 PM
dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar
Bullitt Member

the pony is fixed by a rivet like nut/washer, and is not always put on tight at the factory. Mine fell off my 98 cobra and it fell out of my bumper on the back of the car like a week later. so, i would check all new pony's to make sure they are secure enough to handle the power this car has!
Old 12/15/04 | 04:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rap1977@December 15, 2004, 8:58 AM
Just ask a Texan. If I'm not mistaken they have some of the "best" laws in regards to defending your property/home. Many laws vary from state to state as does sentancing.
I once heard that you could kill someone if they broke into your house, but I'm not sure if you were within your rights to do so everywhere. If I ever caught anyone messing with my car, I'd probably lose it. Bring serious harm to them. Guess I could always plead temporary insanity!

In all seriousness, I don't know how I'd react if I caught someone causing damage to my property. I would like to think that I could control my temper, but being Irish it's hard to do sometimes.

What would the law do to someone caught vandalizing a car in your neck of the woods? :angry:
Old 12/15/04 | 04:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

wait...lemme get this straight.

You guys have SNOW where you live? Like...you don't have to drive to the mountains to see it? It just snows where you live? WOW. It must get cold at your houses then.

:spin:
Old 12/15/04 | 06:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Texas law gives you the right to defend yourself in your house with force; however, you may not do so outside of your house.

Hence why I said your car would have to be inside your house...I don't know how attached garages work though, since technically that is in your residence.

Basically, if someone breaks into my house, I shoot the guy then call the police. If he's breaking into my car on my driveway, I shoot the guy, drag him into the house and then call the police.
Old 12/15/04 | 10:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 15, 2004, 7:14 PM
If he's breaking into my car on my driveway, I shoot the guy, drag him into the house and then call the police.
That sounds like a plan. Now that's JUSTICE!

I'm sorry to learn about Mary's car being vandalized. What can Ford do to prevent this in the future? Can they integrate the emblem into the grille? Make it a part of the casting? If so, could they chrome plate the horse still?

I've never had an emblem stolen, but my '95 grill emblem bit me a couple of times while washing the car. I considered removing it myself, but didn't like the empty space it would have left.
Old 2/27/05 | 07:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

How about that james bond divice when they tried to mess with it and BOOM , except for the wait on a replacement and all the people in proximity. Oh well was a thought.
Old 2/27/05 | 08:04 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Since this topic is about stealing and defacing.......

Today was my kids bday, we took her out to spend her bday money. She gets out of the passenger side with my husband, they look at me, WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR PONY?(my window stickers)
Some dirty SOB!!! Peeled my pony tail back. I learned a couple new swear words.

Just be them glad I didn't catch em.Go get your own and quit fricking with mine cause you ain't got one.

In Bammy they come in, you can kill em. my car lives in the house- so.......
Old 2/27/05 | 08:24 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Maybe a Camaro driver wanted to replace his bowtie?
Old 2/27/05 | 08:26 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

The only thing you can do is have an alarm shock sensor put on it
Old 2/27/05 | 08:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

I suppose then youd have to put a big A lable on to warn the rodent or he sews you and takes the car ? It would have to look like a electrical error .
Old 2/27/05 | 08:33 PM
FR500 Member

thats crazy how did that fall off?? well i guess its time for a sweet chrome metal one
Old 2/27/05 | 08:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Why do you have such a big battery in your car ? for the anti vandle cappaciter in my trunk ( or the big stereo amplfier he,he
Old 2/27/05 | 08:50 PM

For your reading pleasure......A little vindication :

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80975

It's a veeeerrry long thread, like 35 pages so I'll give you the condensed version:

Guy goes to Mall of America with a couple buddies. On their way back to his car, they find two thieves breaking into his car. They catch the thieves and proceed to beat the holy living **** out of them. The car owner breaks one of the thieves' collarbone and his buddies severly hurt the other thief. Well Mall of America comes and breaks it all up. Later the thieves' parents decide that they want to sue the car owner for assaulting their kids. Well they essentially put their foot in their mouth admitting that their kids were at the scene and the case gets dropped. This was all caught on tape(mall security camera). Well the car owner's lawyer tries to get a copy of the tape so that the car owner can put it online but he is unable to convince Mall of America to hand over a copy of the tape. I'm sure that if he had been able to get a copy of the tape, it would have been all over every message board. Having had stereo equipment stolen from me on two separate occasions, once from my truck and once from my apt, I was really looking forward to seeing the tape, but I guess just knowing that these two thieves got caught and severly hurt makes me feel better about my own incidents.

There's also a link to another incident(only 3 pages) where thieves are caught on post #8. Happy reading.
Old 2/27/05 | 09:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well maybe Fordracing200 got his security job and when who ever was at the camera was sleeping and should have gone out to begin with they may not have been hurt too much ? Better to look for cameras run em over and say They just bolted outta no where I tried to stop really I did . they can't argue as they are now road kill.
Old 2/27/05 | 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

I saw an 05 V6 at the mall on the weeknd that had its rear badge missing between the taillights. I'd be so pissed... :angry:

I used to have an old 911 that had its hood badge stolen at the same mall... darn kids!
Old 2/27/05 | 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Why we give our car a name ? I just had a thought I will find a name I will then find a Justice of the piece and Merry us Me and the car Yes when he asks her I'll use the switch in my poket to sig the horn after he asks her do you so so Mustang Gt take GootaHaveIt to be your lawfully wedded Husband , and then I will have a leagle document stating that and If I catch anybody hurting her well , No I'm not nuts your Honour see thats my wife. :scratch: Think It will fly ? I'm going to try it!
Old 2/27/05 | 09:57 PM
GT Member

3 things:
1. sorry to hear about the emblem, Mary (and the other tales of loss and vandalism) but when I was a kid, I never once hurt a car - any car. I just respect them too much to do something like that. I hate those stupid ricer wings, and I may want to rip one off and hit the driver over the head with it, but c'mon - I'd never hurt the car. Kids these days (and I'm only 21!) We don't de-wing civics - ppl should leave our ponies alone!
2. I read the Mall of America thread, and gotta say it did my heart good. I've never had any vandalism or break-ins, but if that ever happens, god I hope I'm around to stomp the scum that tries it!
3. these electrocution alarm ideas - is there anything out there you could actually use to do that? not like a force field around the car or anything, but like, electrify the handles or the lock pins or something? eh, prolly it'd just hurt the car worse than any vandal. to heck with those flamethrower/shin breaker things - I want a 12 gauge poing out the drivers side window

Quick Reply: Is this happened to somebody else ?