2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Guys i need an opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/05, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dad and I went to the dealer to get numbers for ordering an 05GT. We recently learned that he has X plan and wanted to run the numbers on his spec'd out GT. The dealership would not accept X plan on new GT's. They have a white GT on the lot and really wanted to sell it. The car cost almost 29000 and his spec'd car cost about 26,500. Should he get the white one or order the mineral grey GT. And what about X plan. The dealership said it was not available.
Old 1/8/05, 04:52 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Find another dealer..........Its available.
Old 1/8/05, 04:53 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Go to another dealer
Old 1/8/05, 04:55 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Joel, tell your dad to go to another dealer. Some dealers accept x-plan pricing, some don't.
Old 1/8/05, 04:58 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exactly, one dealer wouldn't take xplan and then emails me later to say they changed their minds, too little too late, found another dealer that is a bit more of a drive, but will get the car from them.
Old 1/8/05, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Should he take the white GT or wait and get the Mineral grey. The issue of the IUP and My color would delay the Mineral Grey car wouldn't it? The white car has the IUP AND the Red interior and the 1000 watt s.s. and the upgrade wheels and the side airbags So is it worth the wait to order the car exactly how you want it?
Old 1/8/05, 05:02 PM
I Have Admin Envy

What's a month or two to wait, order the car you want, you'll probably regret it otherwise
Old 1/8/05, 06:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

When I sold cars the most difficult thing to talk people into was ordering exactly what they wanted. But, the happiest customers I ever had were those who ordered their cars and got exactly what they wanted! The wait is forgotten long before compromising on options is.
Old 1/8/05, 06:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally posted by jsaylor@January 8, 2005, 7:09 PM
The wait is forgotten long before compromising on options is.
So true. Your Dad will forever be thinking about the color or options he really wanted, just to get the car 60-90 days faster. What's another 2-3 months compared to 5 - 10 years of owning the EXACT car you wanted ??

Before you go to another dealer, clarify with this one if he will take xplan on a special order car. He may just be unwilling to sell a stock / inventory car already on his lot at Xplan pricing, but may be like many dealers who are now willing to order one for you under the Xplan. Clarify this IF you otherwise want to work with this dealership for your own reasons (convenient location, etc.).

If he refuses or you otherwise don't have any reason to stay with this guy, then don't walk but RUN to the next available Ford dealer in your area. You should be able to find one who will order the car you want on Xplan.

As so many have already reported on this forum , it will be SO worth the wait to get the car exactly as your Dad wants it.
Old 1/8/05, 06:22 PM

I would have to agree with the other guys on here. I would find another dealer. I would find a dealer that took the x-plan, and order the one you want the way you want it. The wait might kill ya, but it will be WELL worth it in the long run.
Old 1/8/05, 06:37 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The worst decision one can make is one which is rushed and is emotional. It winds up costing money and regretted if one settles for a second choice. In six months there'll be more Mustangs available than Civics in Honda dealers.
Old 1/8/05, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't let the dealer play with you guys. I know it is very tempting to see a hot new GT on a lot. When my wife and I were ready to buy a GT, I called my dealer about X-plan pricing, the first salesman told me no X-plan on the new GTs. So I called the family friend who gave me the X plan pin and told him the story the salesman told me. He was furious, this is a man that just retired from the Norfolk Ford Plant w/ 40 years service as a Ford electrician. He told me to call his salesman at the same dealership. I did and he told me the story, they didn't except X plan and lot cars but that I could order with X plan.
We wanted to order a car from the beginning anyway. The salesman I talked to first was not giving me the whole story, he played with my emotions, knowing I wanted a GT and knew there was a loaded one on his lot. So he lost the sale and the second saleman made a good sale. Seven weeks later the car that we wanted came in.
Sorry for the long story, but get the exact car your dad wants. So he has to wait, but you save several thousand dollars and will be able to drive the Mustang of his choice. Saving money is a good thing, and trust me after the car comes in, that painful wait is but a distant memory. I am sure all on here that have gotten their ordered cars will agree with me. Good luck to you on your final choice. B)
Old 1/8/05, 07:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We actually got a USED 05 from the auction. It was an auto GT coupe loaded except for side airbags and shaker. It went for $29,000 in UNDER one day. I have well over 30 customers waiting for x-plan to be honored.
Old 1/8/05, 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

Find another dealer.... That's what I did also. I went to the same Dealer as Beachboy and was told no X-plan, so I went somewhere else. If the salesman says they won't take it talk to the sales manager. There is nothing saying that any dealership cannot take the x-plan. If they don't want to work with you take your business somewhere else. No one around where you live, talk to Karpo on the board.
Old 1/8/05, 07:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You have to find somewhere remote most likely, in the city/sububs NONE has them, go a few miles out of town and most likely someone will have one on a lot that mostly sells trucks. Then again, someone else has probably tried it too. Let your fingers do the walking......
Old 1/8/05, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

search dealer inventory in your area to see if any dealer may have a GT in similar options as the one you want to order...

Search Dealer Inventory
Old 1/8/05, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

It's the pits, but true.
Dealers do play this game. But there are ones that will help. You may have to order and wait. I'm one of those with Xplan and waiting. Just remember if they agree to let you order on Xplan, you get the exact car. Plus your plan price.
These 2 things will make the wait alot easier!
Good Luck!
Happy Trails!!
Old 1/8/05, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jay, I bought the car from the dealer in your City B.F., just used a saleman there that told me the truth. The family friend that gave me the X plan had a salesman there he had used for over twenty years. I used the same guy and it took all of 20 min. to order the car. The first guy I talked to there tried to play me, "No X plans Bobby on the GTs" He lied and lost the sale. X plan sales don't net the saleman huge commisions, so he didn't get my sales commision nor a boost in his monthly sales numbers. Salesman shouldn't lie. The consumer today is not someone that just fell off a truck willing to accept anything. We are informed and know when things just don't seem right. That "gutt" feeling is what should drive the deal, not a bunch of words flowing from a mouth.
Old 1/9/05, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Guys I really appreciate the feedback!!! This site rocks!!! I am going to make my dad read your responses. I told the dealer that the X-plan was available, but the guy that orders the cars denied my claim. Anybody know a Central Florida dealership that accepts X-Plan
Old 1/9/05, 11:40 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Call Greenway Ford. They usuually have a large inventory and that might help.

Quick Reply: Guys i need an opinion!