2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

GT Mustang now 50% build restrained

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/04, 06:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess that might explain why my dealer said he won't get his until Nov. And my GT is not scheduled yet.

But I too will wait for it. I have waited long enough. A little longer won't hurt any. But it may cause more depression...
Old 9/16/04, 08:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@September 15, 2004, 6:57 PM
I JUST HEARD THE PLANT IS BLOWING UP!!! :shock:

IM STARTING ANOTHER THREAD!!!

It is true.... read my signature below !!
ca ca poo poo crud dung (thats Ok to say?) crapola poop mess.
I would think Ford would have seen this coming months ago as the orders began being placed. hmmmmm someone f'd up.
Thanks Bek for the info, a car this good is worth waiting for!
Old 9/16/04, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

what do the bananas have to say?...........
Old 9/16/04, 09:06 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang+September 16, 2004, 5:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Super Sonic Blue Mustang @ September 16, 2004, 5:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AZOmae@September 15, 2004, 5:02 PM
Ok, if I don't get my GT in mid-late Oct. I'm going to get a 350Z. :bang:
Patience my friend, a 350Z is no Mustang and you will regret buying that car when you see a Mustang GT pull up next to you at a light and it looks better then that 350A-

350Z :nono: [/b][/quote]
OK, I will restrain the temptation of getting something else. It's hard to wait, when the other cars on my 'backup' list are already out there, on lots, waiting for any buyers.

Know what I mean??
Old 9/16/04, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Badandy@September 15, 2004, 7:38 PM
autothing-

Please stop trying to justify what you said. If you had spent a little bit of time and searched for BEK's name, you would see how credible it is.

For a lot of people, at least for me, if BEK posts something about what he heard or of a delay, it is credible and I will believe him even without proof. From now on, trust him, he has never let us down.
yep :nono: dont bite the hand that feeds you !!
Old 9/16/04, 02:08 PM

It seems it would also make good sense for Ford to try to get more V6's on the lots. The V6 is the bread and butter for the Mustang sales. There are alot of people out there shopping in the V6 price range. It would be nice for the dealer to have a car to sell them

Also, they need the cars for the impulse buyers who've heard about the new Mustang, but then find that they cant affort a GT.

I'm sure Ford knows the demand for the GT is high and will stay high, people like us who have been waiting a long time, will probably wait a little longer, but Ford needs to keep the V6 customers satisfied also.
Old 9/16/04, 04:53 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@September 16, 2004, 6:23 AM
According to the ordering guide on Brad's site 12% GT production is deluxe and 20% is GT premium now by my calculations that is a total of 32% total GT production. So if Ford is saying that GT is at 50% production then that means that it increased by 18%. Ford increased GT production because of demand and decreased production because of no demand on the V6. So you guys have nothing to worry about you will all get your Mustangs.
You need a math refresher. :scratch:

GT production is increasing by 18% of TOTAL Mustang production.
But GT production itself is increasing by 56%.

Again:

original plan 62,400 GTs
new plan 97,500 GTs

That is a 56% increase in GT production.
Old 9/16/04, 05:15 PM
Cobra Member

Oh, snap!

You just got math-slapped!
Old 9/16/04, 05:52 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I think this is not so bad...since Ford apparently held enough reserve to build a 50/50 mix of GTs and V6s instead of a 30/70 mix.

Thanx for the info BEK
Old 9/16/04, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@September 16, 2004, 5:55 PM
Well, I think this is not so bad...since Ford apparently held enough reserve to build a 50/50 mix of GTs and V6s instead of a 30/70 mix.

Thanx for the info BEK
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9/16/04, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Your welcome, guys. Tonight is another round of scheduling so tomorrow more happy future Mustang owners will have their cars pulled for production. The Mustangs are on there way as planned. It is really exciting and fun to have a hot new product to talk about. As you all know it has been awhile. I love cars and something new and exciting is the best.
Old 9/16/04, 08:31 PM
FR500 Member

wow ford should be happy the GT's r in high demand........this world is dominated by the v6
Old 9/16/04, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@September 16, 2004, 8:34 PM
wow ford should be happy the GT's r in high demand........this world is dominated by the v6
Oil companies too!
Old 9/16/04, 09:06 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like I'd better plan on keeping my Jeep for the winter. At this rate it will definately be snowing before I get my car.
Old 9/16/04, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

When can we expect to see the Mustang GT in the showrooms?
Old 9/16/04, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

rumor is october
Old 9/16/04, 11:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love how this thread went from "They LOWERED GT production?!?!?!?!" to "They're building more GTs"... very entertaining guys

Still no news from my dealer, might head up there tomorrow after school to check things out.
Old 9/17/04, 01:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@September 16, 2004, 5:55 PM

Thanx for the info BEK
Well,
I can say as one supplier to Ford that this is not necessarily true for suppliers of GT specific components if they have to increase their production. The components built for both models would not be effected because just the ratio changes.
We have a prodution schedule pull from Ford every week.
We forecast out for 6 weeks. Some raw materials have 16 week lead times (fortunately not for the mustang, just an example of what some suppliers may face). We inventory enough for 2-3 weeks production receiving raw materials on the same intervals (Our raw material supplier has an open PO for this delivery schedule). If Ford decides to crank up the orders, some suppliers will scramble to increase their production. Usually, Ford, GM, Chrysler are smart enough to give their suppliers enough notice. We have not seen any changes in orders or forecast. It may take a week or so to trickle down through purchasing and what not before it hits us. I will say one thing about the components that we build for the mustang. Ford has required a material to be used that has never been used before for this application. It is considered overkill. It's directly related to safety so I chalk one up to Ford for that. Food for thought.
Old 9/17/04, 02:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Kluski, when did you place your order for your GT?
Old 9/17/04, 03:52 AM
GT Member

I'm not sure if this was posted, but it seems Ford has stopped shipping vehicles with the 4.6 and 5.4 engines, due to a problem....

Let me reprint what was sent to me. This came off flat rate tech, who referred to blue oval news..

updated 08 September 2004, 10:00pm, est.

We are now stating for a FACTUAL matter that Ford has ordered assembly plants to stop shipping 2005 model year vehicles due to defective 4.6L and 5.4L engines. Should Ford wish to challenge this information, they know our address.

At this time, we are only ALLEGING that the GT "40" heads are defective.

The article below is presented how it was originally published.

_____

Sources at one of Ford's engine plants told BlueOvalNews that Ford Motor Company has instructed assembly plants to stop shipping certain 2005 model year vehicles because they can contain defective 4.6L or 5.4L engines.
BlueOvalNews was first altered to the problem after we received a <http://www.blueovalnews.com/notices/wanted_info.htm> news tip at the end of August.

The products that can contain the defective engines include the 2005 Ford Mustang GT, 2005 F-Series, 2005 F-Series Super Duty, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. Ford has instructed the assembly plants to stop shipping vehicles until they are screened to see if they contain the defective engines. It is not known if any products were shipped to consumers before the problem was noticed.

The 2005 model year 4.6L and 5.4L engines in question were built with defective cylinder heads. According to sources, the defective cylinder heads will have an adverse effect on performance and will cause the engine to fail to meet Ford's specifications.

It's not immediately clear if Ford will replace the entire engine at the assembly plant or just replace the defective cylinder heads and approve the vehicle for shipment to customers.

A Team Mustang source told BlueOvalNews that a stop shipment order means that Ford won't ship GT Mustangs to dealers, but it doesn't mean that Ford will stop building Mustangs - they can still build V6 powered models until problems with the 4.6L engines are corrected. Further, even though Ford officially launched JOB1 of the Mustang today, shipments don't occur immediately. "Somewhere within two weeks after Job #1 we have an OK to ship meeting where all the upper management on the program proclaim the vehicle is OK to ship. . . .launching a new vehicle in a new plant can have its issues. That's just part of what a launch is all about.", said our source.

In what could prove to be the most devesting news; however, is that the Ford GT "40" is alleged to have cylinder heads that contain defects in the combustion chamber pocket area. According to sources, Ford is allegedly making design changes to the cylinder head and will create a new casting which is targeted for release by 01 January 2005. Rather than issue a recall for the Ford GT, Ford would most likely issue a TSB (technical service
bulletin) and repair the vehicles only as needed. Look for an update on the GT heads at a later date.

Quick Reply: GT Mustang now 50% build restrained