2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got pulled over tonight

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/06, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time in my Roush I got pulled over. :cop: darn!

I got on it once in 2nd and was at WOT into 3rd....then I backed off, since it's a 45 zone...Once I got off the throttle, I looked back and saw some lights moving up on me...then a few seconds later the blues came out. darn..here we go with insurance rates...darn. :bang:

He was an old guy. "New toy, huh?"
"Yeah", and give a poo eating grin. "Well, at least I didn't do a burnout or anything." with a smile.
He smiles and asks for license.
"Was I speeding?" I ask.
"Yeah, 62 mph." "Really?" I exclaim. "Wow. I didn't think I was going that fast. Oh man! Sorry!"
He makes the call, then comes back... "I know how it is....I've got a 65 convertible back home". "Ever been in trouble before Robert?"
"Yes", I say sheepishly
"For what?"
"Speeding" (with a smile.)
Well, your record is clean. Have a nice night. Slow it down.

Rock ON!
Today was a good day.
Old 1/30/06, 12:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice one dude...there must be some good luck with these cars. I was doing 88 in a 55 last night and got pulled over...the cop was like "nice car" Told me to slow down and let me go...and this is Virginia! Made my night.
Old 1/30/06, 12:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Those are the pull overs we dont mind.
Glad he let you go
Old 1/30/06, 02:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

It's amazing how much a good attitude will help. If you'd had a chip on your shoulder when he walked up, guaranteed you would have got a ticket.
Old 1/30/06, 05:03 AM
V6 Member

I got pulled over last night on the 2nd day I've had the car. Is that a record? Was doing around 70 on the highway which is pretty normal where I was driving. I thought for sure I was going to get ticketed. The patrolman goes, "You were going a bit fast there. You know you should have your temporary license in the BACK of the car so you don't get pulled over for not having a license plate". D'oh! Now why would the temp license be on the BACK of a convertible? We have very little room to see behind us as is, and the temp might get squished if I bring the top down.

Long story short, I switched the temp into the back when I got home.
Old 1/30/06, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got pulled over for following someone going 77 in a 55. I was behind the same car for like 5-10 miles with cruise control on and we came over this hill and they changed lanes, then i saw the lights up ahead. Apparently, as soon as I crested the hill I entered a construction zone. I thought I was goin 75 in a 65 the whole time.
Then friday I found out my speedometer was off... for some reason my predator defaulted to 771 rotations per mile instead of 746. So for the past several months I've been going 2-3mph faster than what my speedometer told me...

Guess I'm not as lucky with this car as most people. Already had a flat tire, replaced the front subframe, destroyed the right front wheel & tire, have scratched on the drivers side corner of my rear bumper, have little speckled dents/scratches along the center of the front bumper, and last thursday someone put a dent in my passenger door while I was at work.

Glad to hear you got out of one though. Maybe I should intentionally speed and then I'll get away with one. This "honest" driving has already gotten me 3 tickets in the last 5 years and got me pulled over a few times for other things as well. (No front plate on my parents car, I got the warning... Waiting in the street for my friend to get home, pulled over right after we left... Pulled over for "loud music" when the cop was trying to get me to speed... A warning for "reckless op" when I punched it in the parking lot leaving work at 3am... Not having my back window cleared of a thin layer of snow... etc)
Old 1/30/06, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

A good attitude does help. Most cops I know say if you pass the attitude test, you have a good shot at a warning. And if you do get a ticket, go to court. Most judges will do something with the points if you take the time to show up in court.
Old 1/30/06, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sure varies. If you get pulled over in one town around here, they will have the ticket 90% filled out before they get out of the car. Of course, these officers are 100% employeed by the revenue generation department of that town. Next town over, it's a completely different story.

I'm glad there are good cop stories being posted as well. When you only see the "I was framed!" stores, it gives a very negative impression.
Old 1/30/06, 10:48 AM
Cobra Member

Good to hear you got off.
Old 1/30/06, 11:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RRRoamer@January 30, 2006, 12:18 PM
That sure varies. If you get pulled over in one town around here, they will have the ticket 90% filled out before they get out of the car. Of course, these officers are 100% employeed by the revenue generation department of that town. Next town over, it's a completely different story.

I'm glad there are good cop stories being posted as well. When you only see the "I was framed!" stores, it gives a very negative impression.
A lot of 'newer' gen LEO's do this now. The older officers rarely do it. I'm sure it makes more money per stop to do it the 'new' way. We have one of the richest police forces in the country with a very low crime rate. Someone needs to pay for the multiple hellicopters, fully computer equipped virtually all new squad cars, and swat team with tank in a relatively quiet area. Not to knock what they do, but it has changed quite a bit over the years.
Old 1/30/06, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Torrence@January 30, 2006, 12:51 PM
:shock:
Old 1/30/06, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@January 30, 2006, 12:14 PM
A lot of 'newer' gen LEO's do this now. The older officers rarely do it. I'm sure it makes more money per stop to do it the 'new' way. We have one of the richest police forces in the country with a very low crime rate. Someone needs to pay for the multiple hellicopters, fully computer equipped virtually all new squad cars, and swat team with tank in a relatively quiet area. Not to knock what they do, but it has changed quite a bit over the years.
Keep an eye out on 66-West right about 1 mile up leading to exit 53 (Centreville/Dulles Airport exits) 2 Cops are now almost always set-up there...
Old 1/30/06, 11:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Nick85@January 30, 2006, 1:40 PM
Keep an eye out on 66-West right about 1 mile up leading to exit 53 (Centreville/Dulles Airport exits) 2 Cops are now almost always set-up there...
Oh yea, theyve been there for years. The FFX Co parkway is also a nightmare. Especially since they have the artificially low 50mph limit now.
Old 1/30/06, 12:17 PM
V6 Member

This is why I don't gamble! I am NOT lucky when it comes to getting stopped... It's very strange. I am by nature a very law abiding person. I'm the kind of guy that stays within the speed limits, obeys the rules, etc... Yet when I get stopped, I get a ticket! I've only been stopped 3 times in my life. Once when I was a kid and was going 5 over, once at age 26 for being ONE FOOT over the white limit line at a stop sign, and one at age 35 for not having a license plate on the front. Each time involved a ticket.
In each case I've been extremely cooperative and sheepish to the nth degree... On top of that in each case the officer was in a bad mood or something - very gruff and stearn.
Well anyway, that's why I tow the line. I know if I step over it I'll get nailed!
Joe
Old 1/30/06, 01:47 PM
GT Member

QUOTE(Torrence @ January 30, 2006, 12:51 PM)

Originally posted by kevinb120@January 30, 2006, 12:15 PM
:shock:

Old 1/30/06, 06:54 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@January 30, 2006, 9:00 AM
I got pulled over for following someone going 77 in a 55. I was behind the same car for like 5-10 miles with cruise control on and we came over this hill and they changed lanes, then i saw the lights up ahead. Apparently, as soon as I crested the hill I entered a construction zone. I thought I was goin 75 in a 65 the whole time.
Then friday I found out my speedometer was off... for some reason my predator defaulted to 771 rotations per mile instead of 746. So for the past several months I've been going 2-3mph faster than what my speedometer told me...

Guess I'm not as lucky with this car as most people. Already had a flat tire, replaced the front subframe, destroyed the right front wheel & tire, have scratched on the drivers side corner of my rear bumper, have little speckled dents/scratches along the center of the front bumper, and last thursday someone put a dent in my passenger door while I was at work.

Glad to hear you got out of one though. Maybe I should intentionally speed and l get away with one. This "honest" driving has already gotten me 3 tickets in the last 5 years and got me pulled over a few times for other things as well. (No front plate on my parents car, I got the warning... Waiting in the street for my friend to get home, pulled over right after we left... Pulled over for "loud music" when the cop was trying to get me to speed... A warning for "reckless op" when I punched it in the parking lot leaving work at 3am... Not having my back window cleared of a thin layer of snow... etc)
Looks like you keep em pretty busy!
Old 1/30/06, 09:17 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by outdoorstom@January 30, 2006, 4:42 AM
It's amazing how much a good attitude will help. If you'd had a chip on your shoulder when he walked up, guaranteed you would have got a ticket.
Old 1/30/06, 09:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish I knew what the difference between cooperative and this "good attitude" is... cause I don't ever remember not having a decent attitude towards an officer (except the one that tried to entrap me into speeding, then changed it to my music was too loud when I said I knew I wasn't speeding)...
Old 1/30/06, 10:26 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool cops rock :rock:
Old 1/31/06, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Sweet

Quick Reply: Got pulled over tonight