2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got my 08 Pony today!

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/07, 04:37 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Cocheese
How do you know all that build info/dates? I just keep bugging my salesman. It should be here tomorrow, shipped today and they are built less then 10 miles from me.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=80

Here is the link to track them. All you need to provide them with is your VIN.
Old 9/7/07, 05:49 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice ride man!
Old 9/7/07, 07:59 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can also get a window sticker thru Blue Oval too. I thought that was pretty cool......

Thanks Stangman! I'm really having fun with it!

Originally Posted by Cocheese
How do you know all that build info/dates? I just keep bugging my salesman. It should be here tomorrow, shipped today and they are built less then 10 miles from me.
Old 9/7/07, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who sells the granatelli cai that you would buy from? I'm considering getting one.
Old 9/7/07, 02:02 PM

I got it from JD's performance. Seems like pretty good piece of gear.....

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index....=item&inmake=0

I went over and got my windows tinted today. Went for a little bit better film then last time since I have a leather interior.

Meet a cutie over there who had a Black Mustang GT that she had picked up the day after mine. We talked Mustangs while we waited. She used to work at a local mod shop. She was married though, too bad.....

I went for a ride to a little town called Mineral Wells, just to see what kind of mileage I could get. At 65-70 without the AC I was getting just over 26 MPG. Pretty good I thought. Coming back back I was going 70-80, with the AC on and still was getting almost 25 MPG. Not too bad, I thought!

Originally Posted by CarRamRod
Who sells the granatelli cai that you would buy from? I'm considering getting one.
Attached Thumbnails Got my 08 Pony today!-08-pony19.jpg   Got my 08 Pony today!-08-pony17.jpg   Got my 08 Pony today!-08-pony18.jpg  
Old 9/7/07, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

How much benefit you think you see from that thing? I'm curious if I should wait a bit or just go ahead and throw the trigger on that thing.
Old 9/7/07, 03:46 PM

To tell you the truth I'm not sure since I put it on the very next day after I got the car. There have been others on this forum who speak very highly of it.

I like it because you don't need a tune with it like most of the others out there.....

Originally Posted by CarRamRod
How much benefit you think you see from that thing? I'm curious if I should wait a bit or just go ahead and throw the trigger on that thing.
Old 9/7/07, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats. Should be getting mine in a couple to few weeks. Awaiting a window sticker.
Old 9/8/07, 09:15 AM

Congrats, I wish you good luck! And remember, the wait is worth it in the end.

What exterior color did you get?

Originally Posted by randy_tho
Congrats. Should be getting mine in a couple to few weeks. Awaiting a window sticker.
Old 9/8/07, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I still don't have no idea what's going on with my order. I ordered on 8/2 and last week I checked and their is no status on my car.
Old 9/8/07, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Vista/ Charcoal

Have you got thr DORA? VIN? Anything?
Originally Posted by viiStang
I still don't have no idea what's going on with my order. I ordered on 8/2 and last week I checked and their is no status on my car.
Old 9/8/07, 01:00 PM

Nothing after a month? I don't know if I would believe that? You would think that it would be scheduled at least?

Vista Blue is a good Mustang color Randy, good choice!

Old 9/8/07, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you know how long the 500 dollar incentive will last? Is it all over or just certain areas?
Old 9/8/07, 05:39 PM

I think my Sales guy said untill Oct 1st. Not sure about it being a local thing. I think it Nation wide?

Be sure to ask for it, if you had a good guy like mine they should tell you since it's a Ford Factory deal...

Do you know how long the 500 dollar incentive will last? Is it all over or just certain areas?
Old 9/8/07, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Vista/ Charcoal

Have you got thr DORA? VIN? Anything?

I went last week and he showed me their weekly status list and I saw my name with no build date among others. So it's not that the salesman is dropping the ball it's just that the people at the plant are just taking their sweet time. All I have is a VOC with my order # and a priority of 10. They said the VOC is the same as a DORA which is BS. They prolly just don't want me to see it.
Old 9/8/07, 09:20 PM

Hmm, sunds fishy, when did you order?

I know that several years ago that some of the smaller Dealerships (based on volume) had a hard time getting GT's. In other words their allocation from Ford didn't sllow them the number of orders for GT's that they were able to sell.

This may be the same situation, I'm not sure. But, it's sounds like the same thing that was going on three years ago!

I would suggest that you call them on their bluff. Ask for hard evidence to support their claims. Don't accept BS answers, cancel your order and walk. There are enough 08's out there that you could get one quicker that way. The Mustang girl I meet at the window tint place (posted above) got her car off the lot. You can too!

I went last week and he showed me their weekly status list and I saw my name with no build date among others. So it's not that the salesman is dropping the ball it's just that the people at the plant are just taking their sweet time. All I have is a VOC with my order # and a priority of 10. They said the VOC is the same as a DORA which is BS. They prolly just don't want me to see it.
Old 9/9/07, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
Hmm, sunds fishy, when did you order?

I know that several years ago that some of the smaller Dealerships (based on volume) had a hard time getting GT's. In other words their allocation from Ford didn't sllow them the number of orders for GT's that they were able to sell.

This may be the same situation, I'm not sure. But, it's sounds like the same thing that was going on three years ago!

I would suggest that you call them on their bluff. Ask for hard evidence to support their claims. Don't accept BS answers, cancel your order and walk. There are enough 08's out there that you could get one quicker that way. The Mustang girl I meet at the window tint place (posted above) got her car off the lot. You can too!
I ordered my car on 8/2/07. You would think I would at least have something by now. The salesman said they're the top dealer for stang sales in the area. If that's true then what's the deal with my order. I'm going to call him this week to get an update.
Old 9/9/07, 07:38 PM

If that's the case, I don't know what to tell you?

It still doesn't sound right to me.....

I ordered my car on 8/2/07. You would think I would at least have something by now. The salesman said they're the top dealer for stang sales in the area. If that's true then what's the deal with my order. I'm going to call him this week to get an update.
Old 9/9/07, 10:41 PM
GT Member

Sorry to change the subject... but I got mine on Friday, freakin sweet. My first Mustang, I love it!
Attached Thumbnails Got my 08 Pony today!-dsc01427.jpg   Got my 08 Pony today!-dsc01433.jpg   Got my 08 Pony today!-dsc01444.jpg   Got my 08 Pony today!-dsc01453.jpg  
Old 9/10/07, 08:08 AM

Wow! Congrats Kurt!

Glad to see you got it!

Your car looks great!

I like those pics of it in front of the Ford sign!

Quick Reply: Got my 08 Pony today!