2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got the Mustang "Blues"

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/06, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
The hood is aluminum or at least a lightweight non-ferromagnetic metal alloy.
It is Aluminum but he is correct. I posted above that my friend has similar rust or "reaction" if you will at the front of his hood on the underside where the seam is.

Took a spin by the Bodyshop yesturday to grab a couple things out of the car and they already had the areas prepped so I should be getting it back tomorrow or Thursday at the latest providing the job is done right.
Old 12/12/06, 06:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GPStang06
It is Aluminum but he is correct. I posted above that my friend has similar rust or "reaction" if you will at the front of his hood on the underside where the seam is.

Took a spin by the Bodyshop yesturday to grab a couple things out of the car and they already had the areas prepped so I should be getting it back tomorrow or Thursday at the latest providing the job is done right.
Are you talking about the bubbly/squirmy looking stuff?
I wasn't sure what that stuff was but I think its some type of welding. It is also found in other spots throughout the car as well. The car practically rolled out of Flat Rock when I noticed the stuff under the lip of the hood, so I think it is normal UNLESS you start to see Iron Oxide rust coming through the paint.
Old 12/12/06, 07:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Demo cars driven by salespeople are still sold as "new" even if they have 3000+ miles on the odometer.
In the state of Illinois a vehicle has to have less than 500 miles and never been titled to be sold as new! I assume state laws very! but regardless this rust issue is unacceptable. from the photographs I've seen it looks like at the very least poor metal prep before paint! The bumper to bumper 3 year or 36.000 should cover it with out question!
Old 12/12/06, 07:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Are you talking about the bubbly/squirmy looking stuff?
I wasn't sure what that stuff was but I think its some type of welding. It is also found in other spots throughout the car as well. The car practically rolled out of Flat Rock when I noticed the stuff under the lip of the hood, so I think it is normal UNLESS you start to see Iron Oxide rust coming through the paint.
Yes that is what it looks like however I don't have it on my hood like he does. This very well may not be rust at all but infact a reaction to in the paint. Either way, if it is common in different spots on the Stang and other Ford vehicles, this is not good for Ford.
Old 12/14/06, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got the car back, pretty ****ed off. It's raining out so I can't get a decent look at the outside spot but the molding at the top of the door where the window retracts into is not on correct and on the inside they only shot the bottom of the door and tried to do a creative blend with the clear (they obviously didn't take the door off an shoot the entire thing)

The best part that got me irrate is the car had almost 2 miles more on it and my stereo is locked (touch screen model) I never messed with it that far but apparently they took it apon themselves to have a little fun.

Spoke to the manager and the car is going back on Monday. Unbelievable how every freeking dealership I have delt with dodges warranty work like they do. I bet if this wasn't warranty work they would have taken the door off the car and did it right..........at a per hour charge.
Old 12/14/06, 05:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GPStang06
Unbelievable how every freeking dealership I have delt with dodges warranty work like they do. I bet if this wasn't warranty work they would have taken the door off the car and did it right..........at a per hour charge.
Most dealerships we dealt with were pretty bad even when we were paying them. My driver side door is a PITA to open/close and I'm reluctant to take it back to the dealership because all that will happen is:

1). My door panels get soiled with grease from mechanics' shoes/jumpsuits
2). I get several deep scratches in the panels
3). More scratches on the door paint
4). They tell me it is normal and I have to live with it.
Old 12/14/06, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re:

I would just like to add that I bought a Mustang once and it already had 650 miles on it. I paid the new price for it. I argued with them over it but they convinced me.
Old 12/15/06, 07:10 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you guys please post the pics from the beginning of the thread again...? For some reason I cant see the pics anymore. Get concerned about my Stang. Need to go home and take a good look.
Thanks!