2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got the Call! Got the Car!

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/05, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Hellcat6@February 8, 2005, 4:09 PM
Congratulations! They probably wanted you to walk so they could put it in the show room and tag on a couple extra thousand. I would have told them about the great review they are going to get on the survey. Hope $277 was worth all the bad press they will get, serves em right! B)

Thanks everyone..we love the car. Haven't given her a name, I was getting flack from Ratchet because I keep referring to it as a "her" or "she".

Hellcat,

I'm almost positive that's what they were hoping we would do. I think they are well aware of how wonderful our review of them is going to be. They got the car in early yesterday morning but wouldn't let us pick it up until 5pm, I'm sure they knew we were going to be very unhappy and loud about it. So they wanted to make sure the place was empty. I still don't understand how a cash transaction can take 4 hours. Took less time to buy our house. I even had it in writing the agreed on price and they wouldn't honor it. GRRRR.. But hey they're not keeping the car after I've waited three months for it.
Old 2/8/05, 04:44 PM

Congrats Kat36!!
Old 2/8/05, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

That makes me want to go there and waste their time by going through all of the raz to buy a car and then tell them to f off.
Michael
Old 2/8/05, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Naners on an '05 in your garage

Brick walls for a bad dealer :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 2/8/05, 05:31 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Congrats on your new ride! I hope you don't get to much snow so you can enjoy driving her!
Old 2/8/05, 05:50 PM

grats Kat :headbang:
Old 2/8/05, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by manystangs@February 8, 2005, 5:50 PM
That makes me want to go there and waste their time by going through all of the raz to buy a car and then tell them to f off.
Michael
Good one, we should tell all of our friends to do the same. Ratchet works with two people who are planning on buying new Stangs. We do have the small satisfaction of knowing those are two sales that won't be going to the very poor dealership Extreme Ford in Overland Park and the sales manager Morgan Johnson who doesn't know squat about what he sells.

Johnson, boy is that a name that fits!
Old 2/8/05, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kat36+February 8, 2005, 7:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kat36 @ February 8, 2005, 7:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-manystangs@February 8, 2005, 5:50 PM
Michael
Good one, we should tell all of our friends to do the same. Ratchet works with two people who are planning on buying new Stangs. We do have the small satisfaction of knowing those are two sales that won't be going to the very poor dealership Extreme Ford in Overland Park and the sales manager Morgan Johnson who doesn't know squat about what he sells.

Johnson, boy is that a name that fits!
[/b][/quote]

I will tell anyone I know not to buy there. The jury is still out on Shawnee Mission Ford. More info on them as it becomes available.
Old 2/8/05, 06:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kat,
Congrats!!! Car looks great!

NANNNERRRRRRSSSSS

Old 2/8/05, 07:43 PM
GT Member

I think I'll be ordering from Bob Allen in Overland Park- they're getting 8 week delivery times there! I think I can get the X-plan, but no way I'm paying MSRP - I'll do my best to get it at invoice when I go in a couple weeks - I'll post how I do there.
Karpro - any suggestions?
thanks for the info on extreme - Kat, car looks great!
Old 2/8/05, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kthulu@February 8, 2005, 8:46 PM
I think I'll be ordering from Bob Allen in Overland Park- they're getting 8 week delivery times there! I think I can get the X-plan, but no way I'm paying MSRP - I'll do my best to get it at invoice when I go in a couple weeks - I'll post how I do there.
Karpro - any suggestions?
thanks for the info on extreme - Kat, car looks great!
I tried my best to get below MSRP just 2 weeks ago at Bob Allen and had no luck. I talked to a guy named Tim Smith, the sales manager, and he refused to budge on my order, even when I told him no deal and walked away. I went to Shawnee Mission and got $1000 over invoice, which was about $2000 less than MSRP. Good luck.
Old 2/8/05, 08:10 PM
GT Member

Yeah, I met that guy too - seemed like an a55hole, didn't bother talking numbers with him -theres another guy, just a sales associate, I met there - Uriah James. real nice guy, when i came in the last day of Jan. offered to knock 2k off if i made the purchase that day - didn't, but I sure saved his card! Now, if i can get that build time and a good price? (hey, my first bananas! )
P.S. -plus, I'm hopin for that X-plan!
Old 2/8/05, 09:58 PM

It's funny you both mentioned Tim Smith since not long ago Mr. Smith worked at Extreme as a sales manager. So just a fair warning, he's probably learned his crappy tactics from his previous job.