Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/06, 07:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good News!!

I was told on Saturday by my dealer that my car is to be built this coming week. Let's hope that is written in stone. I'll only believe it when he calls me with a VIN. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope it won't be long now.
Old 8/21/06, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by COCHISE
I was told on Saturday by my dealer that my car is to be built this coming week. Let's hope that is written in stone. I'll only believe it when he calls me with a VIN. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope it won't be long now.
He's already had the VIN. Get it from him now. He also has access to a PDF version of your sticker. He can also print you off a copy of your invoice at this point if it is going to be built this week.
Old 8/22/06, 09:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
He's already had the VIN. Get it from him now. He also has access to a PDF version of your sticker. He can also print you off a copy of your invoice at this point if it is going to be built this week.
He told me on Saturday the 19th that he spoke to his Ford rep about getting my car built. The rep told him that since it was such an old order (May 1st) that he would get the car scheduled for build the week of Aug. 21st. So it sounds like they were going to pull some strings sorta speak and get mine processed now. He said he'd call me back when my VIN was generated.

I called ERL on Sat, Mon, & Tues. but it has not been updated since Friday 08/18. So I'm still in limbo I guess. BTW, I'm not holding my breath. I'll believe it when I get a VIN which probably won't be this week as my luck goes.
Old 8/22/06, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

He told me on Saturday the 19th that he spoke to his Ford rep about getting my car built. The rep told him that since it was such an old order (May 1st) that he would get the car scheduled for build the week of Aug. 21st. So it sounds like they were going to pull some strings sorta speak and get mine processed now. He said he'd call me back when my VIN was generated.

I called ERL on Sat, Mon, & Tues. but it has not been updated since Friday 08/18. So I'm still in limbo I guess. BTW, I'm not holding my breath. I'll believe it when I get a VIN which probably won't be this week as my luck goes.
What words does the ERL use to give you the status of your order? Clean and unscheduled? Then you might not have a VIN. If you are beyond that point with the ERL, then your dealer either is pulling a fast one or does not know how to get your VIN...Personally, I would first call Customer Service to see if they can give you your VIN.
Old 8/22/06, 08:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
What words does the ERL use to give you the status of your order? Clean and unscheduled? Then you might not have a VIN. If you are beyond that point with the ERL, then your dealer either is pulling a fast one or does not know how to get your VIN...Personally, I would first call Customer Service to see if they can give you your VIN.
The ERL says clean and unscheduled, but it is only updated from Friday the 18th. It hasn't updated for this week as of late Tuesday night.
Old 8/22/06, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

The ERL says clean and unscheduled, but it is only updated from Friday the 18th. It hasn't updated for this week as of late Tuesday night.
At this stage of the ordering process, for some reason I had better luck getting updated info from ERL on Thursdays...
Old 8/22/06, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MAY 1st????? I ordered mine July 7 and got it Aug 15. Sounds like your dealer messed up somehow, maybe lost the order or something, I agree with flashfearless and call cust service. # is 1-800-392-3673.

Don't mean to burst any bubbles you have but somethings wrong.
Old 8/25/06, 09:02 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
MAY 1st????? I ordered mine July 7 and got it Aug 15. Sounds like your dealer messed up somehow, maybe lost the order or something, I agree with flashfearless and call cust service. # is 1-800-392-3673.

Don't mean to burst any bubbles you have but somethings wrong.
According to ERL, my car has been serialized and is awaiting a schedule date and ETA. So it wasn't "built" this week as I was told it would be but at least I'm making progress. Any idea how long I'll have to wait to have it scheduled for build?

I don't think anything is wrong or the dealer is pulling a fast one on me. They are just a small dealer and don't have the volume so they or we have to wait.
Old 8/27/06, 10:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Noticed in your signature that you're getting a manual, did you also order the Shaker 1000? I have heard that combo is getting delayed. For what reason I don't know. Good luck.
Old 8/27/06, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Noticed in your signature that you're getting a manual, did you also order the Shaker 1000? I have heard that combo is getting delayed. For what reason I don't know. Good luck.
I don't think that is true. I have both a manual tranny and shaker 1000 and took delivery on 7/31 (ordered 6/9).
Old 8/28/06, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

The issue is with the weight of the Shelby convertible and Shaker 1000. So the combo getting delayed is Shelby + Vert + 1000...