2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Gone insane

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/04, 09:07 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DJ07@October 17, 2004, 10:06 PM
No one is buying this car for me. This is my money that I've saved for 7 years ....
I didn't mean to single you out- I meant in general. Sorry and apologies for the confusion.
Old 10/17/04, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh much love to you hon

We all are friends here. I didnt intend for that to be a mean post
Old 10/17/04, 09:19 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Sorry- Crapola day. I thought all day about yesterdays adventure. I didn't mean to take the title of queen b today. I should be fortunate to get anything at all, now I just gotta get convertible hair.

My day will come, just not today.
Old 10/17/04, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Well, at least you got one comin'. I myself am in the precarious position of having to buy a car a few months earlier than I planned, due to some jackHINEYes carjacking me. While I would have relished the prospect of buyin' a new Mustang in, say, Feb 05, I am now having to, due to problems of my own making, AND aforementioned jack HINEYes, probably gonna wind up with a $500 beater. Sigh.

Everyone needs to take a PATIENCE pill. The chill pill are not enough, methinks.... :simmerdownnawsmileywouldgohereiftherewasonewhicht hereisntsoiguessthatsashame:
Old 10/17/04, 10:13 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Mikey, your avatar can't breath.
Old 10/17/04, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I feel sorry for all you lost souls..... I've got to wait a couple years for a Cobra. In the meantime I've got a V6 to drive, not at all joyous about it, but at least its A MUSTANG!!! I'm thinkin of trading her in for an 04 GT, but am not absolutely sure if I really want to do that since gas here in So Cal is pretty expensive (the Chevron station a few blocks down is selling 87 Octane for 2.35/gallon!!! ). Anywho... if I do decide to go with the GT it'll all still be good. Either way, by playing the waiting game, all I know is that at the end of the tunnel I'll get that Cobra and I'll end up with 2 mustangs. Alls I'm sayin is that just be patient. This is something not worth losing your sanity over.... B)
Old 10/17/04, 10:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Look at it this way my fellow Mustang lovers! At least you are getting a new 2005! I'm stuck with my 2002 V6 for a while! I'm hoping that in 2007 I can trade it in but thats a long shot.

Just remember that it is coming to you! Another hour passed is another hour closer to getting your dream car!
Old 10/17/04, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by DJ07@October 17, 2004, 4:29 PM
Hello. I'm insane.
I'm with ya man, all this talk about people taking delivery, seeing them on lots, them showing up at dealers, poop!!!!!!
Old 10/17/04, 10:41 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by DJ07@October 17, 2004, 4:29 PM
Hello. I'm insane.

What can I do to get my head of my car? I come here and see all these people getting their beautiful cars and I almost cry. My Mustang is all I think about. Why won't it get here already?

What can I do to pass the time to make it less painful? I could do drugs. Or get wasted. No, thats not right.

Or I could do stuff with my freinds. But then they ask me where the heck my car is and I get stuck talking about it for an hour.

I need help. Therapy even. If anyone can help me, please do.

Patience is a virtue. I've waited 7 years already for this car, and now weeks before it comes, I've lost my mind. (at least until I sit in it)

Every time the phone rings I stop breathing and my heart skips a beat. Then its my Grandma or some dumb person from school needing homework help. Then THEY ask about my car.

My parents cannot stand me anymore. My dealer, I'm sure, gets annoyed with me.
my friend........i loved the way u introduced urself but i assume obviously u placed an order. see im one of the very few teenagers who has been working his little hiney off for this car and still have to place an order(in, yes i hate to say, the spring). i think ur lucky lol........and honestly id like other peoples opinion. what do u guys think about this: i have been working my hiney off to save for this car. i have a good job for a teenager im pulling in 700 if i work just 3 days a week for a month. if i work 3 days extra id pull in a grand. now i already know i can make the monthly payments on this car because i have talked to my friends dad who is the financial manager at ford and also other dealers soo pretty much its a matter of a down payment for me. i just wanna know what some other people thought about this and i didnt wanna make a whole nother topic
Old 10/17/04, 10:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Insurance is going to kill you!
Old 10/17/04, 10:48 PM
FR500 Member

im not payin for it.......i made the deal wit my parents that if i pay for the whole car my dad is gonna pay for the insurance....he had a vette when he was young and even the the rates were nothing like they r todat he still understands. and he supports my decision and hes like hey ur not rockafeller u cant pay for everything ur a teenager and buying a car is a huge thing for a 18 year old to do soo u deserve it....and thats pretty much my story. if i had to pay for insurance id be riding a bike instead haha. plus with insurance its $1200 off for good grades (no less than b's) and more off for doin driving thru the school which ive done all sooo my insurance is gonna be like $3000
Old 10/17/04, 10:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you have credit yet? I don't think so...you're gonna have to get the car under your parents' name, like I did a couple years ago. And yeah...insurance is a doozy.
Old 10/17/04, 10:52 PM
FR500 Member

yea my dad has amazing credit cause of our excursion our payments r supposed to be 350/month and they put like 1000 a month soo they will approve everything no prob. and im goin to the dealer we already bought the excursion from
Old 10/18/04, 01:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Dan you are getting sleepy very sleepy,you will send your car to me!

couldn't hurt in trying LOL
Old 10/18/04, 03:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

First of all - it's just a car! Be patient, it will come.

Secondly, I've been waiting for this moment for 35 years. Since I've been driving (started in 1970), I've owned over 100 different vehicles from Vettes to 4x4's.

But not a single Mustang. :bang:

However, I'm about to change all that very, very soon.

So, hang in there guys. It's just a car (a VERY special one, I agree) but your day will come.
Old 10/18/04, 04:56 AM
Bullitt Member

I mean, I think I can make it till November. But still even IF I picked the car up November 1st, I'd be lucky to get two weeks in of snowless driving.

The long and the short of it is, if I don't pick it up this week, I'll drive my car for less than a month, and then park it in the garage for 5.

And then I'll go insane again.
Old 10/18/04, 05:27 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Everyone needs to take a PATIENCE pill. The chill pill are not enough, methinks....
Yep, I need a bucket full of those. Do you know any good doctors.

The wait is killing me too. Mine has been shipped to Convoy for over a week now.
Old 10/18/04, 05:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm glad I didn't preorder a GT now. It looks like I'll have just as much luck getting one I want at the same time people are receiving theirs. I feel bad for you all because Ford should have built and delivered all preorder Mustangs first.
Old 10/18/04, 09:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally posted by Dan@October 17, 2004, 10:16 PM
Mikey, your avatar can't breath.

Dan, I dunno what you mean.

Um, yeah, I've thought about it. I still don't. Gimme a clue, eh?

/I love bein' ignant.
Old 10/18/04, 09:53 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You think you are going insane. Try living in Canada where we have to wait even longer. I order on May 26th and every friday I pray the phone rings and the dealer tells me he has a VIN. Still waiting for that call. I called him on Friday and he said, come in and we can go over the prices, but still no VIN. By the time my car shows up it could be snowing. I'll drive it home, park it in the garage and there it will sit until the spring. Now THAT is INSANE! :bang:

Quick Reply: Gone insane