2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Gone insane

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/04, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. I'm insane.

What can I do to get my head of my car? I come here and see all these people getting their beautiful cars and I almost cry. My Mustang is all I think about. Why won't it get here already?

What can I do to pass the time to make it less painful? I could do drugs. Or get wasted. No, thats not right.

Or I could do stuff with my freinds. But then they ask me where the heck my car is and I get stuck talking about it for an hour.

I need help. Therapy even. If anyone can help me, please do.

Patience is a virtue. I've waited 7 years already for this car, and now weeks before it comes, I've lost my mind. (at least until I sit in it)

Every time the phone rings I stop breathing and my heart skips a beat. Then its my Grandma or some dumb person from school needing homework help. Then THEY ask about my car.

My parents cannot stand me anymore. My dealer, I'm sure, gets annoyed with me.

So, lets all have a collective thought process. Everyone please think real hard, or even say it outloud: "Dan Mathe's car will come tomorrow!" Say it three times for good measure. The power of human thought sometimes trancends reality.
Old 10/17/04, 04:35 PM
GT Member

as long as you do the same for my car ill do it for you i have lost my mind and i have been doing calculus hard core for the last 2 days trying not to think about how my car isnt here yet

FORD GIVE US OUR CARS!!!!!

and some nanners for good mesure
Old 10/17/04, 04:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by DJ07@October 17, 2004, 5:29 PM
Hello. I'm insane.

What can I do to get my head of my car? I come here and see all these people getting their beautiful cars and I almost cry. My Mustang is all I think about. Why won't it get here already?

What can I do to pass the time to make it less painful? I could do drugs. Or get wasted. No, thats not right.

Or I could do stuff with my freinds. But then they ask me where the heck my car is and I get stuck talking about it for an hour.

I need help. Therapy even. If anyone can help me, please do.

Patience is a virtue. I've waited 7 years already for this car, and now weeks before it comes, I've lost my mind. (at least until I sit in it)

Every time the phone rings I stop breathing and my heart skips a beat. Then its my Grandma or some dumb person from school needing homework help. Then THEY ask about my car.

My parents cannot stand me anymore. My dealer, I'm sure, gets annoyed with me.

So, lets all have a collective thought process. Everyone please think real hard, or even say it outloud: "Dan Mathe's car will come tomorrow!" Say it three times for good measure. The power of human thought sometimes trancends reality.
I've been waiting 10 years so I know what you mean - especially since about 10 miles from where I preordered my car, someone has purchased one and wrecked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 10/17/04, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

If your a girl, get a boy.
If your a boy, get a girl.
Old 10/17/04, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

No, don't you understand? The car GETS the girls.

I've already got every girl in my class asking me to take them for a ride in it. I'll be in heaven.
Old 10/17/04, 04:50 PM
Banned

And this is why I've been saying for months to not expect your car until November.
Old 10/17/04, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I wasn't expecting to, until my dealer called and told me I had a ETA of 10/4. So I got excited thinking it was coming early.

And thats all she wrote.
Old 10/17/04, 04:56 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its fixin on getting nasty around here. I have completely had it. With everything. I honestly wish I would have never laid eyes on this car. If I would have known it was going to be such a stomach sickening ordeal I never woulda set my mind on it. Last October I was perfectly happy. This October....Well............Lets not go there.

I am quite sick of working my tail off for nothing. I am sicker still of other things which I won't say out loud. Must be nice.So I have to settle for an 04 model(for the moment), which granted is better than nothing, but still. I am angry and about 3 days off from shooting something up.This is unhealthy.

Fine, Fine I think I should shut up now before I make someone angry(like me) .
Old 10/17/04, 04:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Right there with you bud...going insane. My wife has just about had enough of me spending all my free time on this site hoping to see a new piece of info...good thing I can't get to it at work or I'd be getting nothing done there too.

Two things calm me down: My dealer has yet to make me an offer on my trade in, and I don't have a firm insurance quote as of yet.

Other than the "If your a boy, get a girl. " thing, ripping my 300+ cd collection to MP3s seems to pass the time...
Old 10/17/04, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DJ07@October 17, 2004, 6:58 PM
I wasn't expecting to, until my dealer called and told me I had a ETA of 10/4. So I got excited thinking it was coming early.

And thats all she wrote.
Well I can understand that then ... have they given you a new ETA? What did you order?
Old 10/17/04, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I play a lot of Poker to pass the time. Thats alright. That's where I'm going now actually.

Do any of you just keep this site open all day and hit the refresh, expecting to find new info? I do. It's crazy.

And I'm serious about this one thing: When my car finally comes, no one better scratch under the fender, or break the tranny line, or get the accelerator stuck like that poor Mustang that is wrecked. If they do, their head will be in the pavement, and I'll be jail.

As soon as my car comes, I'm falling on the ground from exhaustion and crying for joy.

So lets all think/pray really hard for one another. It could work. At the very least it gives some glimemr of hope.
Old 10/17/04, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+October 17, 2004, 5:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ October 17, 2004, 5:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DJ07@October 17, 2004, 6:58 PM

And thats all she wrote.
Well I can understand that then ... have they given you a new ETA? What did you order? [/b][/quote]
I ordered a GT Premium, Sonic Blue, IUP, Light Graphite interior, 1000 watt shaker. The works.

I know it was on hold. My ETA is now TBD, but the status is SHPD CONVOY. Which makes no sense.
Old 10/17/04, 05:06 PM
Banned

Shipped to Convoy, basically meaning it was waiting for the train/car carrier/whatever to pick it up ... 9-14 days or so for you
Old 10/17/04, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

My friends are all Mustang freaks, who are amped about me getting this new Mustang ... and even they're getting sick of me talking about it.

Old 10/17/04, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Id just pick it up straight from AAI if I could, tomorrow.
Old 10/17/04, 08:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

I find myself doing most of the things that you folks are doing. Its hard to wait this out. In the meantime, I found this neat writeup on how BMW's are processed once they hit the port. It's interesting to note that they give priority to cars that have already been sold versus those that are not. I know that is a topic of discussion out here.

BMW - Shipping From Factory To Dealer

I also found this writeup on Ford, and how they partnered with UPS to build a vehicle tracking system. Not sure if they really went through with it. Check out their 2003 goals at the bottom: "8-day maximum delivery within North America". Sure wish they were hitting goals like that with the new Mustang. If that goal was the same for 2004, then I would suspect there is an executive or two who might not get a bonus this year

Ford and UPS Logistics
Old 10/17/04, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dan Mathe's car will come tomorrow!

Old 10/17/04, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Ive told myself that like 10000 times today

Of course ....

it may not. And then ill kill myself.

Yes, ive gone that insane.
Old 10/17/04, 08:49 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Enough

Come walk a day in my shoes- then you can be upset.......I dont have anyone to buy one for me.(well my husband but that isn't free) I have two mortgages because I moved to the country for two years before realizing the mistake no one will buy my place because no one wants to live where deliverance was filmed(worst mistake of my life).. I have two cars that I can't give away...... I can't even think about getting my car right now until I figure out how to get rid of my olds.I set MARCH as a deadline(yes, thats SIX months) because I figure I Can build my business to full time or go out and get 3 jobs if I need to to pay for my own mustang.
The only thing I have going for me right now is my husband loves me enough to sacrifice the truck he loves to get me SOME KIND of Mustang until I can get the one I want. That's torture.
I do not have one on order I can look forward to bringing home, and I certainly didn't do myself any favors by finally finding a real live one here. Because now I am just bitter that it wasn't mine....
Old 10/17/04, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

No one is buying this car for me. This is my money that I've saved for 7 years ....

Quick Reply: Gone insane