2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Giant bird doo-doo on my precious 05 GT :(

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/06, 12:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
completely off topic, but speaking of the inside of the car... it seems that while driving with my windows down I have more bugs get sucked into this car than any of my previous cars.
Old 6/2/06, 01:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by I-70 west
How about this picture? The second pic is what I do to birds that XXXX on my Mustang.
Take that you piece of **** bird.THat'll learn ya!
Old 6/2/06, 01:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Treadhead
I had a bird drop a bomb on my car from about 10,000 ft last year when I was driving to Texas Motor Speedway. When I got out to see the damage, it stretched from the front end of the car to the back! I think it had to have been a buzzard.
Thats one of the worst one I have heard ..Bugs by the millions... I went to the carwash at night and got back the front was covered with 1000 yellow smushed bugs from the highway...luckily I had some water and towel..comes off a lot easier the quicker you get it off
Old 6/2/06, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by JustFord0099
i had one crap on my roof today and it looks like it ruined my paint..it wasnt even on there for 30min..i washed it off right when i got home and now it looks like a realy bad water spot. i even used some cleaner wax and swirl remover and its still there kinda. is there anything that might take it off?
I have found on the REALLY hard spots to remove. Like them dreaded love bugs or bird crap. Just wash the car and clean the spots the best you can then I usually use a detailer to get the stuff I missed the first time of course all this after drying. Then maybe you can try a Clay bar over the spot you are referring to. Then I usually hit the spot with wax once clean.
Hope this helps.
I know all about the love hate relationship with a black car.
Old 6/3/06, 04:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Ugh-h-h. Came out of work the other day & saw I was bombed on the rear roof & down the side quarter window area. We've got those Canadian geese everywhere (probably everywhere but Canada). It must have happened early in the day & really got baked on. Had to wait till I got home to clean it. It literally looked like horse poop. That's how massive the mess was. I usually dust the pollen off before I fire up but it was impossible & pointless now. Maybe it came from a flying horse. Oh, and naturally, I not only had the only mustang in our small lot, I had the cleanest shiniest car, and I was the only car to be hit.
Old 6/3/06, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mustangshadow
I have found on the REALLY hard spots to remove. Like them dreaded love bugs or bird crap. Just wash the car and clean the spots the best you can then I usually use a detailer to get the stuff I missed the first time of course all this after drying. Then maybe you can try a Clay bar over the spot you are referring to. Then I usually hit the spot with wax once clean.
Hope this helps.
I know all about the love hate relationship with a black car.
ya thanks man..im gunna clay the car tommorw mornin before i take it to a car show/bbq..im just hopin it doesnt rain.