2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Getting my car today!

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/05 | 10:12 AM
V6 Member

I'm getting my GT today. It was either that, or wait until the end of the year. Everywhere I've been told me that with ordering one, 6 months would be a best case scenario. It would likely be more like November before I could get my car.

So, since the one on the lot is SOOOO close to what I want, I'm going to go ahead and get it....

GT Premium
Automatic
Torch Red
Dark Charcoal Int.
Interior Sport Pkg. (IUP Lite)
Anti-Theft
17" Machined Wheels
Wheel Locking Kits
Shaker 1000

My only issue with it is that it doesn't have full IUP. But I'm just going to get that stuff installed after I get it. I can do the doorsill scuff plates myself. That only leaves the door handles, dash paneling, and 6 guage mycolor. I know a guy who has a body shop and does good work. I'm sure he can install the door handles and dash paneling for me. He loves the Mustangs so I'm sure he would actually enjoy it.

The only trick will be getting the dealership parts & service people to install the 6 guage mycolor. Has anyone besides Kevin been able to get this done?

Anyway, I'll post pics later today or tomorrow.
Old 3/26/05 | 10:14 AM
FR500 Member

november...thats way too crazy it dont sound realistic. i was told may. by the district manager of all people and i ordered back in january
Old 3/26/05 | 10:20 AM
V6 Member

Well, my dealership has 22! ahead of me and they said that they'll be lucky to get half of those in '05 model. I can't really order from anyone else because this is my cousin's dealership and I'd get ripped off with anyone else.

Gwinnett place Ford in Atlanta told me they were selling for $5,000 above sticker price last week. I checked again this week and they have them listed at OVER $6,000 above sticker! Insanity.
Old 3/26/05 | 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JPutnam277@March 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
I'm getting my GT today. It was either that, or wait until the end of the year. Everywhere I've been told me that with ordering one, 6 months would be a best case scenario. It would likely be more like November before I could get my car.

So, since the one on the lot is SOOOO close to what I want, I'm going to go ahead and get it....

GT Premium
Automatic
Torch Red
Dark Charcoal Int.
Interior Sport Pkg. (IUP Lite)
Anti-Theft
17" Machined Wheels
Wheel Locking Kits
Shaker 1000

My only issue with it is that it doesn't have full IUP. But I'm just going to get that stuff installed after I get it. I can do the doorsill scuff plates myself. That only leaves the door handles, dash paneling, and 6 guage mycolor. I know a guy who has a body shop and does good work. I'm sure he can install the door handles and dash paneling for me. He loves the Mustangs so I'm sure he would actually enjoy it.

The only trick will be getting the dealership parts & service people to install the 6 guage mycolor. Has anyone besides Kevin been able to get this done?

Anyway, I'll post pics later today or tomorrow.

CONGRATS