2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Getting flashed back when foglights on anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/05, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only got to drive mine for about 2 weeks before it got put away for the winter ... and I was flashed at about 5 times I think.

I also flash my brights back at them.
Old 2/14/05, 05:08 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not once for me......

I will say this about the lights set-up on the GT.... after getting my seat covers, I was driving home and my brother was driving his and his wife's Redfire GT - we were pacing each other which made for a nice little spectacle - then I got in front of him and it was dark....

Lemme say, the view of those four big lights in your rear view is one heck of an ominous/glorious sight!
:worship:
Old 2/14/05, 05:15 PM
FR500 Member

It's probably the same reason people "seem" to slow down and get out of my way, like they think it's a police cruiser behind them
Old 2/14/05, 06:49 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Redfire 05Gt@February 14, 2005, 5:57 PM
I've been flashed twice since Nov 16 and I have mine on all the time. They definitely are fog lights, not driving lights; they greatly increase the illumination of the road directly in front of the car but not beyond the low beams. If you turn your headlamps off and just leave the fog lamps on, you chould see how much less distance they illuminate. I encounter lots of other vehicles around here with 4 lights on and the only ones that blind me are the ones that really do have their highbeams on. My .02 worth....
So if you can turn on the fog lights without the main lights? I'll have to try that.
Old 2/14/05, 07:41 PM
RCW
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by ZRX4ME@February 14, 2005, 4:46 PM
..........I ALWAYS drive with them on because,it keeps idiots,drunks,cell phone users and other assorted bad drivers aware of me.I find I have less people cutting me off and pulling out in front of me so I may live a bit longer with them on.
Ditto on driving with the fog lamps on most of the time, day or night. It is a safety issue and a recognition issue, (I am proud of owning a 05 Mustang GT). It is my opinion that they are just as effective as DRL's. I too have noticed better manners from other drivers that are around me. It has been a little over a month since delivery and I have only been flashed once. My daily drive to work is partially two lane dark, black top, back roads and the remainder is crowded freeways. Prior to owning my GT, I drove with my head lamps on for the same reasons. To clarify, I do not drive that way all the time. When driving in my small town running errands etc., I do not illuminate the fog lamps. I am only worried about the more hazardous drivers that I encounter on my commute to work or on our freeways.
Old 2/15/05, 06:13 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i do get flashed now and then. i also agree that they only think you have your high beams on. these lights are low and wide. there is more light but not directionaly blinding to on coming drivers. mabey if your driving a go kart.
Old 2/15/05, 07:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I have driven with mine on too. I was flashed more when I first got the car. but not too much anymore.

I think the issue of being too bright is when I am going down hill. The on coming traffic is lower than me and seems to get a brighter view.
Old 2/15/05, 07:46 AM
Jackass

Can’t wait, my area can get pretty foggy, being that I’m right on the ocean. So super bright fog lamps will definitely be helpful.
Old 2/15/05, 07:55 AM
GT Member

Yo dudes and dudettes, this is a silly arguement. Get used to the idea that the lights on the GT are BOTH fog lights and driving lights. All you need to be a fog light is to be aimed low to reduce the reflection from the fog itself. To be a driving light is to have a wide, low, bright pattern, just like the "fog" lights on the GT provide. B)
Old 2/15/05, 07:58 AM
FR500 Member

I've got an interesting observation! Last night on the way home from work I found myself behind a very reflective panel truck. Up close the fogs appear to be brighter than the headlights. But say at a hundred feet they start to appear much dimmer than the headlights. I thought that was pretty interesting to see that perspective while driving it
Old 2/15/05, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

I get flashed like 3 times a week and when i got pulled for speeding the cop told me to turn them off
Old 2/15/05, 08:07 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always have mine on and live out in the country. I have only been flashed twice (lol, that just doesn't sound right) and that is when I first got the car. Has not happened since.
Old 2/15/05, 08:08 AM
GT Member

and I've only been flashed once since Nov. 13, and I use them every time I turn the light on.
Old 2/15/05, 08:09 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by viper5470@February 15, 2005, 9:09 AM
I get flashed like 3 times a week and when i got pulled for speeding the cop told me to turn them off
I'd like to see the rule on that one that says you can't have them on. I know some cops say "you can't have 4 headlights". Well there are lots of cars out there that do and the stang has 2 headlights and 2 foglights, not 4 headlights.

If a cop told me to turn them off I'd say give me a ticket, see you in court and "honk on bobo"
Old 2/15/05, 09:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Speaking of, it was very foggy this morning, still is actually. I have never been flashed with them on, I have them on more than I have my headlights on and they are always on if the headlights are on.
Old 2/15/05, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by derynf+February 14, 2005, 3:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(derynf @ February 14, 2005, 3:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kcrw898@February 14, 2005, 1:01 PM
I will soon have the GT, I was wondering if anyone is getting cars in oncoming traffic flashing their brights back at you when you have the foglights on, perhaps they are thinking you have the brights on. Anyone have this happen to them? And if so, often?

All the time. They flash me there brights and I flash them mine. Then I watch in the mirrors to see if they recover and pull themselves out of the ditch.
[/b][/quote]

Same here! When I flash my high beams to let them know they weren't on to begin with, their whole car lights up. I can tell you how many people are in the car and what color eyes they have....ok, not really but, the 05 Mustang high beams are darn bright. They get the point!!!
Old 2/15/05, 10:39 AM
FR500 Member

I always drive with my fog lights on, even when it's sunny outside. It's an issue of safety. Any car I have ever had, I try to drive with the parking lights or fog lights on because people are going to see you much more likely if you have some sort of lights on. People pull up to a stop sign, look both ways and pull out in front of someone they didn't see because of a mirage or the car blended into the road or surroundings. If you have lights on, they are going to see you, unless they are drunk or blind. I have been flashed once at night when I had all 4 lights on, which I always do at night time. And I am sure that has nothing to do with how bright the lights are, but because there were 4 lights on, and there are idiots out there who assume that means the brights are on. I just flashed my brights at the car, and let them feel like the idiot that they are. That's all you can do.