2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Get out of Jail free card

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04 | 03:20 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

First off has anyone else noticed that the attention that this car gets on the road can be both a blessing and curse? Its great that people notice the car and acknowledge it, but do you think they could do so without creating traffic jams. People seem to slow down and bunch up to look at the car, like they do when there is a car accident. I hate that too. This happened to me today when I was on my way to meet my girlfriend for lunch on her break. I was heading south on I-5 and they started to bunch up (this makes me apprehensive for I fear one of these morons will mess up and crash into me), anyway so I was bricked in driving down the freeway and finally managed to wiggle out of the pack with open freeway ahead of me so I gunned it. As I reached 100 mph (normally dont speed like that but I had open road and wanted to keep it that way) I flew by a motorcycle cop on the side of the freeway sitting under an overpass. He started up behind me and I slowed, he caught up on my drivers side at about 80 mph. I looked over knowing I was caught and shook my head in shame, he then proceeded to give me a thumbs up, I smiled and mouthed "thanks" as I shook my head and waved. He then motioned with his hands to slow down, I again smiled and gave him the ok with my fingers. I was fortunate here and very thankful, I take back all of the bad things I've said about cops (well almost all of them), and would like to thank that officer in case he happens to lurk on this site since he apparently is a fan of the new stang. Ill be slowing down in the future.
Old 12/15/04 | 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

COOL! You used your freebe today drive careful now.
Old 12/15/04 | 03:24 PM
Jackass

Thats a cool story. I hope stuff like that happens for me if I ever get my car.
Old 12/15/04 | 03:31 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I would suggest trying to avoid the situation all together something tells me that was a one of a kind chance happening that I am sure will be rare in the future.
Old 12/15/04 | 03:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

WOW...you are so lucky.....CHP motor cops are the worst. My dad was a motor cop for Huntington Beach...and they have a bad rep. But he always said that CHP motor cops would write their own mother a ticket.

you lucked out bro!