2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Frikkin Dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/05, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, my dealer is really getting me frustrated. The dealer I ordered from is about 45mins away. So I order the beginning of June. I sit down with the sales manager, go through the options I want (brought a copy of the order guide) and place the order.

I was a little ignorant of the VOC and DORA at the time but know having a DORA was a good thing. So I ask for a copy of the DORA, dealer prints it out and gives it to me and I'm on my way.

I get home, look at it a little better and read VOC at the top. Ah, no big deal. I search the forums and learn I can still track my order with the VOC. That and the dealer being 45mins away I thought I'd just use that.

Now with orders starting to be pulled I'm getting a little nervous tracking my order with the VOC isn't 100% accurate. So yesterday I drive down to the dealer to get a copy of my DORA.

I get there and the sales manager is busy and asks if he can fax me a copy later. I don't have a fax so I suggest email. He has someone take my email and I'm on my way.

Well, I check my email today and what do I have? Seems the internet manager was kind enough to send me a copy of.... duht da dahhhh... THE VOC! Great :notnice: Doesn't the frikkin sales manager know the difference between the VOC and the DORA? WTF!

So I send a reply back describing the difference between a DORA and VOC and that I'd like a DORA to check my options were accurately received by FORD. It wouldn't be so important, but I have to get my financing in order for an expected delivery date. Let's see if I get a third VOC.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent a little. For anyone who knows, is there that big of a difference tracking my order with the VOC as opposed to the DORA? My dealer also said that their first 06 order has been pulled. I'm supposed to be #2. Hopefully I'll be pulled soon.
Old 7/9/05, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealer I got my stang from said they don't get DORAs anymore because of some new system they use. I tried several times to get a DORA from different managers there and every time they would produce a VOC. The info on the VOC is sufficient to track the car with ERL. I just went back a few times to make sure that the order was still showing the options I had wanted.
Old 7/9/05, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, options are correct on the VOC but I've heard of orders coming in the wrong color and stuff. I just want to be sure Ford received the order and options I want. I've been tracking it with the VOC, still C/U. Does the fact it says C/U mean it's actually in the system or will it say that with anything?
Old 7/9/05, 12:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

The DORA won't protect you against someone changing the order which is what I think has happened in most of the cases we've read about here. Best bet is to keep on the dealer to make sure the order still contains the specs you want.

Yes, C/U is what it will say if the order is there but not yet serialized (pulled).
Old 7/9/05, 12:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by FireDragon@July 9, 2005, 11:29 AM
Yeah, options are correct on the VOC but I've heard of orders coming in the wrong color and stuff. I just want to be sure Ford received the order and options I want. I've been tracking it with the VOC, still C/U. Does the fact it says C/U mean it's actually in the system or will it say that with anything?
This is true. My VOC showed everything correct. When my car arrived, it arrived with a manual transmission, shaker 1000 and the upgraded wheels. None of this is what I ordered. I ordered an Auto, shaker 500 and bullits.

But I accepted the car because I got Xplan and it took like 4 months to get it here. But now that I have the manual and the shaker 1000 and the upgraded wheels I am glad I got them.

So don't believe your VOC. Get the DORA!
Old 7/9/05, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DENVER05GT@July 9, 2005, 12:45 PM
This is true. My VOC showed everything correct. When my car arrived, it arrived with a manual transmission, shaker 1000 and the upgraded wheels. None of this is what I ordered. I ordered an Auto, shaker 500 and bullits.

But I accepted the car because I got Xplan and it took like 4 months to get it here. But now that I have the manual and the shaker 1000 and the upgraded wheels I am glad I got them.

Was your VOC and DORA correct and your order still came in wrong or your VOC and DORA were different?
Old 7/9/05, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

[QUOTE(DENVER05GT @ July 9, 2005, 12:45 PM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was your VOC and DORA correct and your order still came in wrong or your VOC and DORA were different?

Read the other persons post and you'll find your answer to the question.
DENVER05GT tells us what they ordered, and that the VOC was correct, then when the car arrived it was a totally different car

<<This is true. My VOC showed everything correct. When my car arrived, it arrived with a manual transmission, shaker 1000 and the upgraded wheels. None of this is what I ordered. I ordered an Auto, shaker 500 and bullits.>>

Perhaps DENVER05GT never got a copy of the DORA (not everyone does), and that's why the car wasn't built as ordered.
But DENVER isn't the only person that had the wrong car delivered.
I remember one person that ordered a certain color (redfire??don't remember exactly what color) but when the car arrived it was black.
In another case a person order IUP and the car didn't have it, and someone ordered ICAP and it wasn't in the car when it arrived.

In your case I would suggest that you call Ford Customer Service and ask them if the DORAs are still issued, or you can wait for some of the Ford employees on the boards here their opinions and advice.
Good Luck
Old 7/9/05, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered my car may 13th and haven't been given diddly squat. Does that sound bad??? My dealer tells me that he hasn't got any confirmation yet. What should I do?

Beau
Old 7/9/05, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Aghhh!!!! Ok, they got back to me and still no DORA! WTF.

They sent me the VOC initially as I stated above. I replied with this:

Hello,
Thanks for the reply and the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation), but I was wondering if it would be possible to receive a copy of my DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). I realize they are similar but the VOC is issued upon entering an order being submitted and the DORA is sent to the Dealer a day or two later from Ford acknowledging the order and officially putting it into the system. This final acknowledgement of specs is what I'm interested in to assure options match the VOC. .
Thanks,
Brian
Then I got this back:
Brian,

Tony wont have that until they schedule it. He may actually not get it at all. They usually only provide him with the VIN. He will get that to you as soon as he gets it. thanks.

BDC Manager
I've never heard of a dealer not being able to get a DORA until it's scheduled. Am I getting BS.ed or are some dealers just different?
Old 7/9/05, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
All I ever got was a VOC. It was given to me when I ordered the car. It has all the pertinent info on it. You can track your order with it since it has your order number and dealer code on it. Before my car came in I did try to get a DORA from my dealer but they told me that basically the VOC shows you have an orderand they never gave me a DORA . My car came in exactly as I ordered it. Hang in there it will be fine. If your order is like most it will take between three to four months to get. Ordered my 05 in Feb and it came in in June almost four months to the day. Good luck.
Old 7/9/05, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

FireDragon you may want to check with Ed (ISellFord) about this. He is a dealer and has been VERY helpful to me with all of this stuff.

But basically, as far as I know, if you don't have a DORA there is no proof that the dealer actually ordered the car. A VOC is just a printout of what you ordered from your dealer... basically means nothing until the order is actually submitted to Ford.

When the order is submitted to Ford they (the dealer) should get a DORA for you in a max of three business days. Shouldn't take longer than three. All this nonsense about not being able to get one etc. etc.

Either your salesperson doesn't know about the DORA, totally possible, and is just relaying info from his sales manager to you. OR he does know and is jerking you around. Don't know which.

But basically until you get that DORA you have no proof that the car was actually ordered. A reason, I suspect, many people waited longer than they should have for their car. Because they THOUGHT the car was ordered long before it actually was ordered... and they were basically lied to.

But again PM ISellFord he'll be straight with you and knows about all this stuff.
Old 7/9/05, 05:17 PM

But basically until you get that DORA you have no proof that the car was actually ordered.

He's right...
I got my VOC at the time I ordered with the dealer.
I got my DORA a few days later, but it was dated the same day I ordered ... meaning my dealer sent the order to Ford that same day/night. (and it was accepted by Ford)
Old 7/9/05, 09:14 PM
GT Member

Firedragon, what dealer did you use.
Old 7/9/05, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sis27@July 9, 2005, 9:17 PM
Firedragon, what dealer did you use.
sis27, sent ya a PM.

Haha I just noticed your also from Jersey, with an X-terra, going to an 06 Mustang. Small world.
Old 7/10/05, 06:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Imatk@July 9, 2005, 7:06 PM
FireDragon you may want to check with Ed (ISellFord) about this. He is a dealer and has been VERY helpful to me with all of this stuff.

But basically, as far as I know, if you don't have a DORA there is no proof that the dealer actually ordered the car. A VOC is just a printout of what you ordered from your dealer... basically means nothing until the order is actually submitted to Ford.

When the order is submitted to Ford they (the dealer) should get a DORA for you in a max of three business days. Shouldn't take longer than three. All this nonsense about not being able to get one etc. etc.

Either your salesperson doesn't know about the DORA, totally possible, and is just relaying info from his sales manager to you. OR he does know and is jerking you around. Don't know which.

But basically until you get that DORA you have no proof that the car was actually ordered. A reason, I suspect, many people waited longer than they should have for their car. Because they THOUGHT the car was ordered long before it actually was ordered... and they were basically lied to.

But again PM ISellFord he'll be straight with you and knows about all this stuff.

I have a copy of my DORA, and I'm not sure what the "ERL" is or how to use it. Here is some info from the DORA:

Body T85 BEGIN ORD M001 27E050 Freedom Ford, Inc.
DORA Processed: 06/06/05 PM SCHD / / Priority 10 Price Level 615

ORDER RCPT Date 06/04/05 VIN # VHT85H 6

So, can I get a few pointers on how to use this information to track my order? :worship:
Old 7/10/05, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Dusty1@July 10, 2005, 6:09 AM
I have a copy of my DORA, and I'm not sure what the "ERL" is or how to use it. Here is some info from the DORA:

Body T85 BEGIN ORD M001 27E050 Freedom Ford, Inc.
DORA Processed: 06/06/05 PM SCHD / / Priority 10 Price Level 615

ORDER RCPT Date 06/04/05 VIN # VHT85H 6

So, can I get a few pointers on how to use this information to track my order? :worship:
When you call ERL you will need the dealer code which in this case is 27E050, you also need the body type T85 and order # M001.

You can find the ERL number by searching for it. As a Ford Dealer I am not authorized to give the number to a customer.
Old 7/10/05, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey ISELLFORD,
What do you think about my situation? Am I just worrying too much? Should I just track my order with my VOC? I just don't want to be suprised when my car shows up and I don't have my financing in order. I mean it could be 3 months or 6 months I would just like to know for sure when I get pulled so I have time to get the $ ready.
Old 7/10/05, 10:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dusty1,
PM me if you need the #
Old 7/10/05, 04:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found out later in the wait process, that Ford Customer Relationship Center (800-392-3673) is very helpful. You will talk to a live person, and as long as you have your VOC, they can confirm the status of your order. As a matter of fact, I will call them tomorrow and see if they can confirm the options, color, etc I ordered.
Old 7/10/05, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanx, maybe I'll call to confirm everything is entered in the system correctly.

Quick Reply: Frikkin Dealer!