2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Friends talkin trash

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/05, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Altoid+February 8, 2005, 9:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altoid @ February 8, 2005, 9:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jtmears@February 7, 2005, 11:17 PM
Also the ladies love the mustang, they think the evo is just another econo box.
Nice, you have single handily classified an entire gender.

These discussions are so stupid, seriously race him or don’t. What ever the out come who cares. People take this stuff way to seriously. Just enjoy your ride and let him enjoy his. As long as it's not some ricer car with a big fart can, I can respect it.
[/b][/quote]

I believe you mean "way too seriously".
Old 2/8/05, 08:51 AM
Jackass

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+February 8, 2005, 9:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ February 8, 2005, 9:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Altoid@February 8, 2005, 9:28 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jtmears
@February 7, 2005, 11:17 PM

These discussions are so stupid, seriously race him or don’t. What ever the out come who cares. People take this stuff way to seriously. Just enjoy your ride and let him enjoy his. As long as it's not some ricer car with a big fart can, I can respect it.
[/b][/quote]

If you want to get into semantics, I can do that.

Punctuation goes before the quotation marks.

Example:

I was talking to KansasCityTim one day and he said “I have nothing better to do but argue semantics on the internet.”

I updated the original to reflect the changes since all you do is follow me around and try to get into arguments with me over small things.
Old 2/8/05, 08:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, is this necessary, take it to a PM.
Old 2/8/05, 09:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Altoid+February 8, 2005, 9:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altoid @ February 8, 2005, 9:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KansasCityTim@February 8, 2005, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by Altoid@February 8, 2005, 9:28 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jtmears
@February 7, 2005, 11:17 PM

If you want to get into semantics, I can do that.

Punctuation goes before the quotation marks.

Example:

I was talking to KansasCityTim one day and he said “I have nothing better to do but argue semantics on the internet.”

I updated the original to reflect the changes since all you do is follow me around and try to get into arguments with me over small things.
[/b][/quote]

I have nothing better to do? You are the one that cannot read a single post without making a crappy comment about it (so much so that I was actually shocked this morning to see an actual, serious, inquisitive post by you). I think I have seen 2-3 examples just this morning. By responding to I believe three, and only three, of your posts in the last week, I am simply trying to point out that this is what you do to everyone else. It's pretty annoying isn't it?
Old 2/8/05, 09:12 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, are we going to go through this again. Where are my magical moderator powers that allows me to lock this thread. Ah, that's right. I don't have them.

Moderators, anyone, someone... this puppy.
Old 2/8/05, 09:13 AM
mav
GT Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@February 8, 2005, 11:02 AM
It's a freakin' four cylinder people. A FOUR CYLINDER. How can anyone be proud of that? As I have said before, how many EVOs will be on the road in 50,000 miles? 15% if you're lucky. These little engines are only hot b/c of the crazy turbo and superchargers, etc that are strapped on them. I want anyone to give me an example of a 4, or even a 6 cylinder with turbo or supercharging that you still see running around in mass. You don't. Small, forced-intake engines simply stink. Here we are comparing a large, naturally-aspirated engine to a little turbo engine. There is really no comparison. I agree with what one person said earlier. It is more correct to compare the Stang to a Vette. Two cars with real engines, no turbo or supercharging crap. The EVO doesn't belong in that comparison for sure, because it is a lesser automobile.
And the turbocharged V4 Evo is faster than the V8 Mustang.
Old 2/8/05, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mav+February 8, 2005, 10:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mav @ February 8, 2005, 10:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@February 8, 2005, 11:02 AM
It's a freakin' four cylinder people. A FOUR CYLINDER. How can anyone be proud of that? As I have said before, how many EVOs will be on the road in 50,000 miles? 15% if you're lucky. These little engines are only hot b/c of the crazy turbo and superchargers, etc that are strapped on them. I want anyone to give me an example of a 4, or even a 6 cylinder with turbo or supercharging that you still see running around in mass. You don't. Small, forced-intake engines simply stink. Here we are comparing a large, naturally-aspirated engine to a little turbo engine. There is really no comparison. I agree with what one person said earlier. It is more correct to compare the Stang to a Vette. Two cars with real engines, no turbo or supercharging crap. The EVO doesn't belong in that comparison for sure, because it is a lesser automobile.
[/b][/quote]

I don't believe I mentioned anything about speed in my remark, so what exactly are you responding to? Your comment that it is faster doesn't make any of my points invalid. And also, the websites I have found state the t/c EVO's 0-60 at 5.1, which I believe it identical to R&T and MT's tests of the GT.
Old 2/8/05, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Moderators, anyone, someone... this puppy.
Wow, some of these threads go way of the subject. :nono:
Old 2/8/05, 09:31 AM
Jackass

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+February 8, 2005, 10:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ February 8, 2005, 10:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mav@February 8, 2005, 10:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim
@February 8, 2005, 11:02 AM

I don't believe I mentioned anything about speed in my remark, so what exactly are you responding to? [/b][/quote]

You were alluding to the speed of a 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and V8.

If not you shouldn’t be in this thread, as we are talking about speeds of the cars the mustang and the EVO. If you can’t handle the topic don’t post in it. Stop trying to pick fights with everyone.
Old 2/8/05, 09:32 AM
mav
GT Member

Sure it does, since you stated that it is a lesser of an automobile and we are comparing here. Lesser automobiles shouldn't outperform higher ones, correct? Since we are comparing isn't it fair to compare very aspect?
Old 2/8/05, 09:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustang is pure American Muscle and not some rice pot. I have an equal number of people I know in Edmonton pestering me for ordering the new mustang rather than some import crap. For me the the new styled mustang is a connection with my past. I figured I will let these individuals keep talking eventually there jaw bones with snap from over use. What is really interesting is these nutbars that figure the new V6 is under powered but they themselves refuse to take a test drive to see the difference. If you have a new mustang then your a pretty good match for the EVO.
Old 2/8/05, 09:36 AM
mav
GT Member

Why is the EVO a "rice pot"? Because its from Japan? I consider that logic ignorant and even racist. And please don't even compare the V6 Mustang to the EVO as its not even a fair competition, a Lancer/V6 Mustang comparison is more fair.
Old 2/8/05, 09:42 AM
V6 Member

mav, what the heck is your avatar????
Old 2/8/05, 09:44 AM
mav
GT Member

I love these threads on this site... every time an import is discussed, some people are quick is dismiss it as "rice". The ignorance is incredible.

Some of you should invest some time watching a few Best Motoring videos. It will change your negative opinions of imports.
Old 2/8/05, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

I'll change my description of the EVO to Asian Sports Automobile, hopefully that will ease those offended.
Old 2/8/05, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Altoid@February 8, 2005, 10:34 AM

If not you shouldn’t be in this thread, as we are talking about speeds of the cars the mustang and the EVO. If you can’t handle the topic don’t post in it. Stop trying to pick fights with everyone.
I was not alluding to the speed. I was speaking on the quality of an engine that has a turbo or supercharger. Also, this thread pertains to our opinions on all aspects of the EVO versus the GT, on which I opined. In no way has it been confined to raw speed, and in no way did I make mention of raw speed. Furthermore, I find it ironic that you tell me I pick fights. I typed my opinion, someone else disagreed, which is great. You are the one that attacks others personally for grammar or your dislike for them using blue font (or attempting to).

To a later poster: I was not trying to make any speed comparisons at all, and I don't think my remarks need have anything to do with speed. You make reference to a better car being faster, which is not the case. Take a BMW 3-series....nowhere near as fast as a Mustang or EVO, but it is still a better car by most people's opinions. Obviously that is not a grand comparison, but kind of illustrates my point that just b/c a car is not faster doesn't mean it isn't better for other reasons. The point of my earlier remarks hinge on my doubts that an EVO will still be on the road in 150,000 miles.
Old 2/8/05, 09:55 AM
Jackass

Originally posted by mav@February 8, 2005, 10:47 AM
I love these threads on this site... every time an import is discussed, some people are quick is dismiss it as "rice". The ignorance is incredible.
Well, if you look at any other car discussed here they find a way to give it some stupid name if it’s not a Ford, specifically a mustang.

I'm not too big on Asian cars myself but I don't hate them for being Asian cars. I judge each car by my own criteria. There is just something about American muscle, German ingenuity and most exotics from Europe that will always have a place in my heart.

The problem is most Asian cars in my area have been transformed into rice rockets. There are some cars I like that are Asian made but only because they fit what I’m looking for.
Old 2/8/05, 09:56 AM

By September or October this year I'll be buying a new car, I'm looking for a car in the $25k-$35k range, so few months ago I started researching brand by brand for a good looking car that is worth every penny and is sporty.

My final list is: Infinity G35, Mazda RX-8 and the 05 Mustang GT. I compared every single option from the slow Honda's S2000 to the AWD Subaru WRX to the styling BMW 330. The Evo is far from being the best car for $32k, but is the probably the best one if all you care is racing, but with a Evo you won't imprease any chick, you won't imprease friends and you won't imprease your dad, if you go and buy the cheapest BMW 325 you will get more attention that with an Evo, when you buy an Evo you are buying performance (handling/acceleration), you are not buying style or prestige or looks or image, you are just buying an econobox that moves fast, just think about this, if somebody where giving away an Infinity G35 (or Mustang GT) and a Evo and you have to choose one, which one will you choose, well, I know I won't choose the Evo.

Simple, the Evo is a better performer than the 05 Mustang or the G35 or the RX-8, but as an overall car comparison, the Evo is inferior.
Old 2/8/05, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Altoid+February 8, 2005, 11:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altoid @ February 8, 2005, 11:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mav@February 8, 2005, 10:47 AM
Well, if you look at any other car discussed here they find a way to give it some stupid name if it’s not a Ford, specifically a mustang.

I'm not too big on Asian cars myself but I don't hate them for being Asian cars. I judge each car by my own criteria. There is just something about American muscle, German ingenuity and most exotics from Europe that will always have a place in my heart.

The problem is most Asian cars in my area have been transformed into rice rockets. There are some cars I like that are Asian made but only because they fit what I’m looking for.
[/b][/quote]

That and there are way too many "kids" out there that think they're a physical continuation of there NFS Underground II video games.
Old 2/8/05, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

Go to West Edmonton Mall on any Friday or Saturday night an you can see these little pavement level Asian Sports Automobile with there loud illegal mufflers racing around the parking lots. They may be fast but the looks of these imports do not impress me in the slightest. A mustang owner on the other hand will normally take his time in the mall parking area and save the speed for the open road. Maybe we need an Asian Sports Automobile race track in Edmonton.

Quick Reply: Friends talkin trash