2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Friday 13th Experience...

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/06, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday 13th Experience...

Well here it goes, I never thought it would happen to me. Two things exactly. First being in a car accident with my Mustang, and second something seriously bad happening to me on a Friday the 13th.

I was driving to work with my Girlfriend and her brother, when from the right side, a lady stopped on her stop sign, but still continued to turn in my direction of travel. I swirved to the left to try to avoid the hit, but there was nothing I could do. I saw her stopped on the stop sign, and I saw her in the corner of my eye pulling out of the intersection. And she hit me in the passenger side door to the rear panel around the wheel. I was shocked, appalled, and really ****ed off. I pulled over, got out of the car and threw some F-bombs, walked over and did some damage assessments. I was shocked at how much damage was done. I was hit by a **** 93 Toyota Corolla. Holy hell, the Corolla looked like it just had a few broken lights. The lady was scared to get out of the car, probably from all the F-Bombs and hands in the air in disgust.

I can't believe this happened to me...and on the 13th. Now I have to deal with this repair. Anything in particular you can tell me to look out for? Repairs and what not?

I'm trying to get everything done from her insurance, because I'm not paying a dime in this crap.
Attached Thumbnails Friday 13th Experience...-img_1934.jpg   Friday 13th Experience...-img_1935.jpg   Friday 13th Experience...-img_1936.jpg   Friday 13th Experience...-img_1937.jpg   Friday 13th Experience...-img_1938.jpg  

Friday 13th Experience...-img_1939.jpg  
Old 10/15/06, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

My accident was on Friday January 13th this year. I know your pain. Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you are ok.
Old 10/15/06, 07:31 PM
GT Member

Don't just try, do it. Don't let them run you around. You didn't say specifically, but I take it you had no stop sign and she did, but didn't really look - is that right? If so, there's no question, it's a simple matter of failure to yield the right of way, and no way she can fight it. Plus, she hit you in the side, so it'll be pretty clear.

Don't take any sh**. Make her pay. People need to be held accountable. Oh, and you can go anywhere YOU want, you don't have to go where her insurance company wants you to go. It's your car, and it's her fault, so get it done right, by a good, reputable shop. They have to pay no matter where you take it and how much it costs.

Oh, and this is from experience. Got hit in a Wally-World parking lot by a woman on a cell phone in an SUV who didn't look before backing out. My 'Stang was three weeks old at the time. It's good as new now. Don't compromise.
Old 10/15/06, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

You think that's bad? I ended up in the hopsital after being involved in a huge brawl with a bunch of drunken rednecks. One of my lower teeth went through my lip and I might lose one of my front teeth. I'll see tommorow at the dentist.
Old 10/15/06, 07:48 PM

Me too!
I was driving on the freeway early Friday morning and a raised Silverado truck with BIG tires changes lanes into me. Luckily, nobody was hurt (including his car ) but I have a dented driver'r side door right where the "mustang line" is at and the upper half of his tire is burned into the car. Dealer says that the door should have the skin replace and they will smooth out the rear quarter panel and repaint. Does this sound right?
Sorry, no pics for now.
Chorpeac, that looks terrible. I too would have been dropping F bombs at her like crazy. Just looking at it hurts a lot
Old 10/15/06, 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! That alot of Damage! Sorry about your accident, friday the 13th .
I wasn t going to drive my Stang at all that day, But its was my class reunion weekend............... I dranked water and left early for the friday night Happy Hour event! Just Had to show off the the new Stang.
on the Sunday golf and picnic, one classmate had a 05 GT another had 06 Zo6 yellow and a third had a black vert 06 Viper( I thought looked like a Vett)
Anyway they were all worried about me cause of high Schools Days with My GranTorino! Thats another story.
Old 10/16/06, 05:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

chorpeac, 05retro, SilverGTGuy, guys sorry to hear about your accidents. Im glad everyone is ok (except for Bullitt995). Bullitt995 I hope you dont loose your tooth.

I hope all of you get your Mustangs back good as new

Hey guys next Friday 13th. Take a personal day off
Old 10/16/06, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow...a few others had a wonderful Friday 13th as well huh? Gesh. Yeah, Tedz Pony, I am definitely going to get this fixed right and with all benefits entitled to me. I agree, people have to be held liable. Here's the kicker, and I can't believe I forgot to leave this out when I wrote that lastnight. She was driving her two kids to school, and as I was rounding my car with F-bombs dropping, the older kid got out and said she couldn't see. I said what?? He said her windows were all frosted up. I was like then you should have waited and cleaned the **** things!!!

She totally admitted to it and said the same thing to the cop, so there is no question that she is liable. She got her violation from him. Now it's just time to get the poor baby back to normal.

If it is any consolation, though the damage seems really bad and it is, she still drove fine. I mean these cars are soft on the outside, but the inside is tough. If it wasn't for the damage on the outside, a normal drive would not make you think it was wrecked.
Old 10/16/06, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

i was nervous as hell on Friday, as my GF and I went to talk to my parents about getting married.... and it was actually one of the easiest talks i have had with them in a while.
though the whole i day i was extra careful in my stang... i was raised very superstitious
Old 11/28/06, 11:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok I got the car back two weeks ago and I thought the repair job was spectacular. It looked really good. Now, I noticed one thing though, the pull to the right when I accelerated. I took it back to the shop and metioned it to them. He said drive it around a little and see if the new parts settle. I drove it around for a week and the problem didn't go away, so what I did was took it in for the 25K service. I mentioned the problem to them, and they didn't find anything, but rather said take it back to the shop that repaired it. When I was driving away from the 25K service, I noticed something different. It was now pulling to the left when letting off the gas. So this was a total different reaction. I let this go on for a week, including a longer road trip over Thanksgiving, and it is still there.

I called the body shop today and explained it again, stating the new pulling direction. he said it sounds like the new tire is causing this. Does this sounds accurate? 3 tires with 25K on them, and the new tire. So 3 old ones and a new one. He thinks that is what it is, because he said he pulled the alignment specs that were recorded after the repairs, and they were dead on.

He said he would help me out, and I was like good, because this is annoying. I mentioned maybe a new tire would help, so then I would have two NEW tires and two OLD tires. Does this sound accurate guys?
Old 11/29/06, 09:21 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm... looking at the pictures of the hit, the rear suspension may have had some minor damage done to it.

if I were you, i'd get the alignment checked of the rear wheels relative to the front, the body shop should have done that in the first place. Otherwise, i'm not too sure about the one tire making that much of a difference, if everything lines up, it could be the culprit though
Old 11/29/06, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I dropped it by today, and they aren't going to be able to swing the new tire. The lady's insurance isn't going to pay for a new tire, and they are sure that is what it is. They sware that the alignment is right on. Here is what the tech told me so far. The 3 wheels with 25K on them have a depth measurement of 8. The new wheel has a measurement of 10. Not sure what that is a measurement of, but they said that has to be the culprit.

He said, we have had Dodge caravans with 40K on them come in with a wheel and tire replaced, and they knew they would come back because the car was going to be pulling u-turns with that different tire wear on them...lol...not funny... :\
Old 11/29/06, 02:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Glad you have it back. Not a mechanic here. I think you are getting close to figuring the pull out.
Old 12/4/06, 06:19 AM
V6 Member

A tire mismatch like that will definitely cause the problem. It will also wear out the trac-lok axle in a short period of time. You need to replace the other tire asap.
Old 12/4/06, 07:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Really, it could cause more damage if I don't replace the opposite tire? I was thinking about doing it anyway, because having one odd tire is stupid anyway. I did find the Pirelli PZero Nero on TireRack for 79.00. The body shop will put it on for me for free.

This is the right tire, correct?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=V
Old 12/4/06, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

I was rear ended by a driver that was driving someone elses vehicle without authority to do so, on Monday, July 17th (essentially a stolen vehicle). Cost over $3500.00 to get the mustang repaired and a few trips to the autobody shop after the initial repairs for adjustments. Even though the other driver was quite bigger than me I threw out the "f" bombs also and went through the clenching fist sydrome, lets just say he and the police officer at the police station knew I was ****ed. The insurance company reminded me though that the reason I have insurance is to repair the mustang to its original condition prior to the collision. True, but I never believe that vehicles can be restored perfectly after a collision. I sent you this message for two reasons, number #1 was to let you know that your not the only one that has had their mustang hit by a crazy not paying attention driver driving some crap box car, the other reason was to clarify the signifigance of Friday, 13th. Your collision did not happen because it was Friday 13th. The concept that Friday 13th is a bad luck day is a bunch of hocus pocus drawn from the history of the crusades. If you type Jacques Demolay on you web browser you will find that Demolay and his followers (Knights Templar) were rounded up by the King of France (Phillip the Fair) their money, treasures, pack mules and horses confiscated. Demolay was imprisoned and his followers immediately executed, this all happened on Friday, 13th, 1307. Many of Demolay's followers managed to escape capture and escaped to England. Demolay was finally put to death by fire in 1314. Since Demolay's capture superstitious people have put forth the idea that Friday, 13th of whatever month is a bad luck day. This is hogwash pure and simple.
Old 12/4/06, 08:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by OdiousBarbarian
i was nervous as hell on Friday, as my GF and I went to talk to my parents about getting married.... and it was actually one of the easiest talks i have had with them in a while.
though the whole i day i was extra careful in my stang... i was raised very superstitious
Getting married!??

The reason that conversation was so easy with the folks is because you're going to take all the cost off them of having an extra female.

May want to reconsider.

Old 12/5/06, 09:38 AM

One thing to look for on the alignment specs is "thrust angle", should be zero or really, really close. Zero means that your rear axle is perpendicular to the center line of the car and would eliminate the rear axle as the problem. Make sure your ride height is the same on each side of the car too.
Old 12/5/06, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

*Ahem*

hahaha

So what about this tire, it should be the OEM tire right?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=V