2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Found My Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/06, 08:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found My Pricing

Well, looked at www.kbb.com and figured out the exact price of my car before tax/title/tags.

2007 Mustang Gt Premium
-iup
-premium trim package (includes the red seats
-sirius
-comfort group

26549 invoice
should be
25487 with x plan

now the wait continues
Old 6/12/06, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The following 3 charges should be included in your calculations - Ford Dealer Advertising Fund (FDAF) assessment, gas, and delivery. If you have a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) sheet from your dealer, they will appear. Those costs alone can add up to about $1000.
Old 6/12/06, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
The following 3 charges should be included in your calculations - Ford Dealer Advertising Fund (FDAF) assessment, gas, and delivery. If you have a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) sheet from your dealer, they will appear. Those costs alone can add up to about $1000.
From my '07 Invoice...2 U.S. Gallon Fuel Charge $5.58....FDAF $312.00.....Destination $745.00

These three charges are added to the invoice price.

X-plan price of my car was $60 below invoice price (including the 3 charges).
Old 6/12/06, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by steevr
From my '07 Invoice...2 U.S. Gallon Fuel Charge $5.58....FDAF $312.00.....Destination $745.00

These three charges are added to the invoice price.

X-plan price of my car was $60 below invoice price (including the 3 charges).
Yes, thanks for clarifying those charges indeed are part of the X-plan price. The X-plan cost itself is actually less than the total invoice with those charges because less than the full FDAF amount is used. By the way, that information came to me from a Detroit area sales representative whose dealerships sells Mustangs at X-plan.
Old 6/13/06, 02:24 PM
V6 Member

You should NEVER EVER pay the: "Ford Dealer Advertising Fund (FDAF)" That should come directly out of the dealers pocket (profits) or Ford's pocket.

As a matter of fact you can d*mn well bet that Ford has already added any national advertising fees into the price of every vehicle, its called overhead and it goes right into the price of the vehicle.

To list it out by itself is nothing more then pure greed...
Old 6/13/06, 07:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom NH
You should NEVER EVER pay the: "Ford Dealer Advertising Fund (FDAF)" That should come directly out of the dealers pocket (profits) or Ford's pocket.

As a matter of fact you can d*mn well bet that Ford has already added any national advertising fees into the price of every vehicle, its called overhead and it goes right into the price of the vehicle.

While I would not call this cost "pure greed", I do not think this is negotiable since it is included as part of the invoice cost, unless you happen to get a deal below invoice.

Have you negotiated a price on a Mustang in the last few years that did not include this?
Old 6/14/06, 07:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
While I would not call this cost "pure greed", I do not think this is negotiable since it is included as part of the invoice cost, unless you happen to get a deal below invoice.

Have you negotiated a price on a Mustang in the last few years that did not include this?
I misunderstood and thought it was a charge “added on†to the invoice price rather then being a part of the invoice price.

I have seen dealers here who try to tack on “advertisement†fees above the invoice and sometimes on top of the MSRP, some will say national while others call it local.

In any case I have never, nor would I ever, pay a dealer or Ford additional cost for advertisement while it is already included in the cost of the vehicle, such as you explained as being a part of the invoice. I also would never and have never paid any of the other greed fees of prep, documentation fees, etc.

I don’t have an issue if its part of Ford’s listed invoice price and that is where I misunderstood and thought a greedy dealer was just tacking on another greedy money making cost and calling it something else.
Old 6/14/06, 04:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom NH

As I remember it, this does not pay for any National ads. It pays for the regional ads, like when you see "Your New England Ford Dealers" in the ads.
Old 6/14/06, 11:08 PM
Cobra R Member

well i was just thinking thats the pricing i got from kbb.

i got my VOC before pricing was released so mine is blank. but i stil havent gotten a DORA, or vin, and i ordered on april 26. we'll see

btw, 200th post
Old 6/15/06, 04:34 AM
Cobra Member

Cheese, I ordered on 3/13, got my DORA on 4/13 (without asking, they called me) so I'm thinking you should have your DORA by now. Been over a month. I'd check into that...
Old 6/15/06, 07:02 AM
Cobra R Member

yeah its been over a month, and the DORA is supposed to be at the dealer withing 2 days of the car order
Old 6/15/06, 07:07 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
yeah its been over a month, and the DORA is supposed to be at the dealer withing 2 days of the car order
Even Al Pacino could smell something fishy here. Well, especially him.
Old 6/19/06, 12:25 PM
Cobra R Member

hey just to let everyone know. First off i got scheduler for the week of 6/26-7/3

and the dora was at the dealer, pat earle of Miller ford Mt Holly NJ, is just a moron that has no idea what he is talking about
Old 6/19/06, 12:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
hey just to let everyone know. First off i got scheduler for the week of 6/26-7/3
Hey Cheese, you are the first one that I have seen state that they are scheduled that week. Could you share with everyone your VIN?
Old 6/19/06, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm scheduled also, but haven't gotten my VIN yet. I'm driving over there at lunch (really soon now) to get it. They've been giving me the run around for a couple weeks about my DORA, they better have it now.
Old 6/19/06, 12:52 PM
Cobra R Member

would be happy to, however i do not have it yet

I got my schedule week from calling ford. I gave them some info off of my VOC that the dealer gave me. Wheni got my return email, they attached the schedule week and a couple small details, but did not give me the VIN. I am going to call the dealer tonight (because my salesman has decided to not bother calling me once a week as promised) and ask for my vin, if he says he does not have it, I am going to call the manager above him, and basically tellthe manager that he has given me nothing but trouble, and nothing. And get the VIN from the manager, then tommorow or wednsday i will go grab a copy of my dora.

i know i complain a lot, but i am truely not claiming this to be a horrible situation. I have stayed very calm and relaxed from it. I can jsut tell that the salesman that i am dealing with is new and has no clue. Oh and he smells really bad.

anywho i should have my vin tonight and i will post it as soon as i get it.