2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

foreign built mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/04, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Im wondering where most of the medal for the 05 mustang comes from? Im thinking there's a good chance its canada...thus making the mustang really more or less a canadian car :-)"

Yes, they are made of metal from re-cycled beer cans, snowmobiles, and ski racks. There are also some rusted lawnchairs that were left out all winter thrown in.

Old 12/14/04, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Montrose@December 14, 2004, 8:32 AM
"Im wondering where most of the medal for the 05 mustang comes from? Im thinking there's a good chance its canada...thus making the mustang really more or less a canadian car :-)"

Yes, they are made of metal from re-cycled beer cans, snowmobiles, and ski racks. There are also some rusted lawnchairs that were left out all winter thrown in.

So thats where my pop cans are going! to NAFTA !
Old 12/14/04, 08:51 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
:w00t: Go Canada go
Old 12/14/04, 10:45 AM
GT Member

Some of the switches are definitely manuf. in Canada (I work for that company).
2 2005 bodies are told to have been in France in the summer 2004 to testfit items on the undercarriage, as far as I know transmission (parts?). Those bodies have been wrecked later.
Anyway it's yours
Old 12/14/04, 10:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The V8 Engine used in the GT is manufactured in Canada. :moose:
Old 12/14/04, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's not just about where the parts come from. Up until the 1970's many American products were still made in america. over the last 30 years, the majority of manufactureres have gone over seas to save money. It is as much the fault of the the Government as it is the companies themselves. Companies now get tax breaks for send jobs out of america and it makes me sick. It isn't that the car would be any worse if it was made somewhere else, the problem is that americans losing jobs so that manufacturers can make another 12 cents on a product. Now i try to buy everything that i can find that is made in america for the simple reason that now, almost everything made here is great quality because it costs so much to make it here, and no one would spend the extra money if it wasn't worth it. Ti'm the companies that do still make goods here advertise it heavily. Levi strauss is a good example. In the 1990's it closed the last of its american plants to make keep prices competitive, now their made in mexico. I our government gave the tax breaks to companies that stay here in stead of vice versa, it would help the problem. So after my long and probably "not understanding what i am trying to say because your ranting" rant, Yes i would still buy a mustang if they move production abroad. but it would be a model made before the switch. I would rather rebuild mustangs the rest of my life that buy one made somewhere like france. heh, france

If i owned he11 and france, i'd live in he11 and rent out france. :flag2:

Bypassing the language filters because i am using he11 in correct context.
Old 12/14/04, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

We are facing the same situation up here in Canada. Most products we buy are manufactured elsewhere; although we have always been a resource exporting country. But many companies have/are closing up here, and moving to countries where the wage rates are much lower.
Old 12/14/04, 11:41 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by k3druid@December 14, 2004, 12:02 PM
I thought they were built in Romeo.
Old 12/14/04, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by k3druid@December 14, 2004, 12:02 PM
Actually I am pretty sure that is assembled in the Romeo engine plant in Romeo, Michigan. (I know this because I know a guy that works there. Also, it said so on the sticker for engine final assembly point.)

Though the trannies are definitely assembled in Mexico.

EDIT: Holderca1 types faster than me.
Old 12/14/04, 11:46 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by tekman13+December 14, 2004, 12:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tekman13 @ December 14, 2004, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-k3druid@December 14, 2004, 12:02 PM
Actually I am pretty sure that is assembled in the Romeo engine plant in Romeo, Michigan. (I know this because I know a guy that works there. Also, it said so on the sticker for engine final assembly point.)

EDIT: Holderca1 types faster than me. [/b][/quote]
The spoilers are made in Canada though. The V6 engine is built in Germany I believe.

Edit: Isn't Kid Rock from Romeo, MI?
Old 12/14/04, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+December 14, 2004, 12:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 14, 2004, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by tekman13@December 14, 2004, 12:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-k3druid
@December 14, 2004, 12:02 PM

EDIT: Holderca1 types faster than me.
The spoilers are made in Canada though. The V6 engine is built in Germany I believe.

Edit: Isn't Kid Rock from Romeo, MI? [/b][/quote]
If you think about it, the fact that it has so many different countries involved makes all the more American. Isn't that what America is anyway? It's just a bunch of people from everwhere living by rules set up by the people here. Simlarly, this car is a made of parts from everywhere designed by the people here.

(Yeah, I know...thats not the point...jobs...money...etc...the American heart is there, that's all I'm saying.)

And I don't know, nor do I care, where Kid Rock is from.
Old 12/14/04, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

stoic21,

Everyone's free to do what they want and if you want to buy American, do so. But take some classes in Economics and you'll find out that your reasoning isn't helping anyone anywhere. It's a noble thought but it doesn't work that way.

The only thing that happens is that you, the end customer, end up paying more for a product that could have been better. And you are aware of that the goverment also subsidises companies to move their production TO the USA?
Old 12/14/04, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JustAnotherDude@December 14, 2004, 2:02 PM
stoic21,

Everyone's free to do what they want and if you want to buy American, do so. But take some classes in Economics and you'll find out that your reasoning isn't helping anyone anywhere. It's a noble thought but it doesn't work that way.

The only thing that happens is that you, the end customer, end up paying more for a product that could have been better. And you are aware of that the goverment also subsidises companies to move their production TO the USA?
My last econimics class was on this subject alone. Our government has not, nor currently does offer any real help to companies to keep production here. This problem was started long ago. We have lost about 75% of our manufacturing jobs over the last 30 years to other countries so the corperations could make more money. The government has many benifits/ loopholes that benifit companies the ship our jobs elsewhere, and does not offer sufficient compensation to those companies to move their production back home, and as i said before almost nothing to KEEP production here.We are in a downward spiral Because what few companies we have left are face the difficulties of matching the prices of companies who pay 50 cents an hour to a ten year old to manufacture products.
I also must disagree with the fact that the items are better when made somewhere else. The only thing that would be different is i wouldn't have to see american plants getting close left and right for production to be moved elswhere. i would pay a litte more for that alone.

An although it may seem my opinions hold only americans in mind you would be wrong. China for instance has faced a inductrial revolution equivilent to ours in a matter of about 15-20 years. Many factories have horrible wages, usafe environments, and underage employees and is not helping the country and many would like you to think. Why? because so mcuh of the companies that have their products made in china are foriegn, so much of the very little of the profit if any ever gets to china.

just like toyota and others here. however the difference is toyota and other compaines have good factories with healthy conditions. Though we do not see much of their profit, we benifit because they provide good wages to americans that spend their money here. Their good to their employees and that creates a pride i what you do, which helps produce a quality product.

I don't think i would be very happy going to work in my little bobble head shop in china, getting paid the equvilent of a dollar an hour.

Ideally we need to increase the wages in places like asia and india, which will benefit those countries and in turn make it easier for american, english, swiss, canada and other countries to compete.

You can relate to the fact the the swiss make excellent watches. there is pride in the product and people buy them because the know that even though they may be expensive, the quality is worth it. now, take that away a give it to china. your companies say in the beginning that quality will be the same. over time however, quality slides, and that pride is forgotten. This is the same thing that happend to many companies in america. My easiest example is again with levi's.

i've had three american pairs for about ten years and they look great. i have tossed about 4 pairs made elsewhere that have come part at seams, unravled and popped rivets after just a few months. i was lucky enough to come across a few pairs on the web that are us made and can see the difference. :flag2:
Old 12/14/04, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Would you buy a Mustang if it were built in a Mazda factory on the same line as Mazda 6's?
Old 12/14/04, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Eric B@December 14, 2004, 3:48 PM
Would you buy a Mustang if it were built in a Mazda factory on the same line as Mazda 6's?
It is still built in Michigan...so yes

I can't help that Mazda is owned by Ford and is providing Americans with jobs.
Old 12/14/04, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by stoic21@December 14, 2004, 12:35 PM
I would rather rebuild mustangs the rest of my life that buy one made somewhere like france. heh, france

If i owned he11 and france, i'd live in he11 and rent out france. :flag2:

Yeah screw those French! If it weren't for that meddling little ****-ant Marquis de Lafayette (and his chump pal George Washington) we would have been able to retain our status as a highly profitable British Colony!

Oh and they can have their silly little statue (of LIBERTY) back too!

:scratch: