Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great Pics!!!

Such a loooong wait until the fall...
Old 7/19/04, 06:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mustangshadow@July 19, 2004, 3:52 AM
i was also at the mustang show at legends field and one other thing i wanted to add (i dont know if its been talked about yet) was that when you open the driver and passenger side doors the windows automatically come down abit and then go up when the door is closed i asked the reason for this and the ford guys said it was so the windows would make a better seal. anyways just a lil tidbit ...just in case
Yeah, if you go back to page 1 You will note that I mentioned it in my original post, but it is a cool thing to notice.

Sorry guys, but I didn't get to get any more pic's, other than these of me in the 05 because my camera died on me. Thanks to everyone else that was able to make it to the show to help me out with your Awesome pic's

I didn't stay long on Sat either due to the rain and the camera dying so I didn't get to talk to the Ford Guys any more than I did on Friday. and My time to ask questions on Friday was very limited as I ran late for an Eye Doctors Appointment just to get what I got on Friday.

I did ask about when to expect them on lots and mentioned I had Heard October, and he said

"No it would be Very Late in the 4th Quarter"

So It looks like Nov/Dec before we get to see them at the Dealers. He also said that

"the Cobra is definitly going to be an 07 Model and will be out in late 06"

I mentioned the Intake/Engine Cover and he said that

"there were just things that had to go when it came down to production cost"

I countered with the rumor about Stripes and the cover being on an SE and he said

"it's a Very Good Possibility that we could see something like that in the near future".

Sorry I couldn't get any more info guys, but the weather and other circumstances just prevented it. I am glad that there were others in my area that were able to pick up my slack, Thanks Guys and Gals!

I did get to hear the car running on Friday and Saturday, but I wasn't really impressed It was very quiet and subdued, and the Ford Guy that was revving it wouldn't really get on it. I asked the guy in the drivers seat if this was final tune for the exhaust and He said they did a Burnout with it on one of the Morning radio shows, and said "it has *****" but I didn't hear it. there was NO rumble when sitting at Idle Whatsoever! I will Definitly be getting new Mufflers at least cause I want mine to Growl!

I also noticed that they are using a new material for the headliner, I don't know if anyone else noticed it or not. It's Not the typical fuzzy felt like cloth we are used to, It's like a woven type fabric that in a way reminds me of the perforated vinyl used in old cars. Well that's about all I can think of right now, I'll let ya know if I remember anything new.
Old 7/19/04, 07:21 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mustangshadow@July 18, 2004, 10:52 PM
i was also at the mustang show at legends field and one other thing i wanted to add (i dont know if its been talked about yet) was that when you open the driver and passenger side doors the windows automatically come down abit and then go up when the door is closed i asked the reason for this and the ford guys said it was so the windows would make a better seal. anyways just a lil tidbit ...just in case
My BMW did the same thing. I noticed less wind noise in that car, and I wonder if it because of that.
Old 7/19/04, 08:40 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was also at Legends Field to see the '05. A few quick points:

1) Because it was so overcast, you could really get a good look at the dash lights (provided you turned the headlights on). For those who have not seen them, this feature alone will knock you back a step. The blue preset is awesome. If any of you have seen the new blue-lit Alpine headunits, it's an exact match.

2) File me in the 'disappointed in the exhaust note' camp. Regarding the 5.0 vs. 4.6 posts, I'm a 4.6 guy. The exhaust on this car sounds no better to me than my '99 did when it was stock. The Ford guy really laid into the throttle a couple of times for us and it does wake up when you get on it. However, at idle and low-rpm it sounds kind of anemic; it needs more bass in the note. For many, though, I imagine it will be fine.

3) For those speculating on the Cobra or SE models, there is a TON of room on either side of the engine compared to the current cars. A 5.4 should fit with no trouble at all. Also, anyone planning on putting headers on this car, you'll actually be able to show them off when you're done! I snapped some pictures of the gap between the engine and the inner fender wall and will try to post them later tonight.

Anyway, that's my $.02.

Clint
Old 7/19/04, 04:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey Clint, I noticed the room between the engine and the Strut Towers too, but it didn't dawn on me to get a pic of it and never even thought about the headders. Good thing there were guys like you there, it is better that more than one of us gets to go to the same show so we can give a better compiled report to the group. I can't wait to see your pics.
Old 7/19/04, 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mr-mstng+July 19, 2004, 7:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mr-mstng @ July 19, 2004, 7:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mustangshadow@July 18, 2004, 10:52 PM
My BMW did the same thing. I noticed less wind noise in that car, and I wonder if it because of that. [/b][/quote]
The car is so tightly sealed that it would be hard to shut the door if there was no place for the air to exit the interior. Think of doors in a house shutting when you open close exterior doors.
Old 7/19/04, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Tony Alonso@July 17, 2004, 12:43 PM
Nice job! Did you get a chance to look at the gap between the tire and the fender? If so, what did you think - too high or decently low?
It looked fine to me! I know there are some that will always say :nono: "It's Not Low Enough" but it's Fine to me, just look back at my pic's, the distant shots in the rain really show how long, low, and sleek this car looks.

I also kept thinking that as much hype as there has been about the 05 being too retro, that it really didn't look retro to me at all, it actually looked kinda Futuristic to me and it is DEFINITLY a MUSTANG!

I also thought it kinda reminded me of the proportions of the Chrysler 300C, Now before you guys start tearing me apart let me explain, What I was seeing was the proportion of the Roofline to the Body. It almost has a Chopped top appearance to it, like the Chrysler 300c's do, along with a High Beltline (The Bottom of the Windows) it gives it one heII of a Mean Appearance!

As for the Colors, they are pretty acurate in my Opinion. The Torch Red paint and Red Interior are <span style='color:#FF0000'>RED!
Like Lipstick Red, and the Leather on the Seats is as Close to BMW grade as I have seen on any American Make! It doesn't have that Glossy Plastic Look to it associated with American Leather, and I love the Grain to it!

The whole thing with the windows dropping is also a touch borrowed from other More Expensive Makes. It Allows the Windows to Seat into the Seals for a tighter, rattle free, whisper quiet interior, as well as keeping water out.

I posted in another thread about the overall Quality of the interior and exterior Fit and Finish of the 05. I was crazy about the Infinity G35 Coupe. But let me tell you, the 05 Mustang is every bit as nice and well put togeather as the Infinity is. Not to mention More Roomy inside. I was really Impressed! :worship: </span>
Old 7/19/04, 06:54 PM
FR500 Member

I think it could be lowered just a bit... maybe an inch or less with some Eibach springs. That might be one of the only things I do aftermarket. Will definitely need to get some Flowmaster American Thunders though. I have been hearing a lot lately about the sound of the car. Defintely needs to "growl"...
Old 7/19/04, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Those were some great pics. I hadn't seen the rear seats folded down yet either, it was still pretty darn flat in those pics.

Exhaust and ride height are for the aftermarket anyway. With all of the vendors out there, choices will be abundent. The F-150 had aftermarket goodies out almost the same day the trucks were delivered, I am sure the Stang will be no different.

As far as the windows go, I know the T-bird already had the auto up/down feature and I think it was borrowed from the Lincoln LS. My dad has an LS so I will check next time I am over there.

Now will somebody please offer to pay off my '02 F-150 Super Crew so I can get in on this '05 Stang action?

Please?
Old 7/19/04, 09:25 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by TampaBear67+July 19, 2004, 7:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaBear67 @ July 19, 2004, 7:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tony Alonso@July 17, 2004, 12:43 PM
Nice job! Did you get a chance to look at the gap between the tire and the fender? If so, what did you think - too high or decently low?
It looked fine to me! I know there are some that will always say :nono: "It's Not Low Enough" but it's Fine to me, just look back at my pic's, the distant shots in the rain really show how long, low, and sleek this car looks.

I also kept thinking that as much hype as there has been about the 05 being too retro, that it really didn't look retro to me at all, it actually looked kinda Futuristic to me and it is DEFINITLY a MUSTANG!

I also thought it kinda reminded me of the proportions of the Chrysler 300C, Now before you guys start tearing me apart let me explain, What I was seeing was the proportion of the Roofline to the Body. It almost has a Chopped top appearance to it, like the Chrysler 300c's do, along with a High Beltline (The Bottom of the Windows) it gives it one heII of a Mean Appearance!

As for the Colors, they are pretty acurate in my Opinion. The Torch Red paint and Red Interior are <span style='color:#FF0000'>RED!
Like Lipstick Red, and the Leather on the Seats is as Close to BMW grade as I have seen on any American Make! It doesn't have that Glossy Plastic Look to it associated with American Leather, and I love the Grain to it!

The whole thing with the windows dropping is also a touch borrowed from other More Expensive Makes. It Allows the Windows to Seat into the Seals for a tighter, rattle free, whisper quiet interior, as well as keeping water out.

I posted in another thread about the overall Quality of the interior and exterior Fit and Finish of the 05. I was crazy about the Infinity G35 Coupe. But let me tell you, the 05 Mustang is every bit as nice and well put togeather as the Infinity is. Not to mention More Roomy inside. I was really Impressed! :worship: </span>
[/b][/quote]
I think I just had a "postgasm". Great to hear Tampa!
Old 7/19/04, 11:09 PM
GT Member

Here's a pic of the gap between the engine and inner fender wall - driver side. The passenger side pic shows the gap better. I'll post it in a sec.

Clint
Old 7/19/04, 11:10 PM
GT Member

And here's the passenger side pic. These really don't do justice to how much room is there, either.

Clint
Old 7/20/04, 03:48 AM

I tell you what,I should like to know what kind of camera your using bobdob.Those are some crisp pics man.I know this is a Mustang site,but I thought you would wanna know,I work at the Ford Assembly Plant in Norfolk,Va.,and we ran a new Lightning through the system a couple days ago,it was real low key.Just FYI.
Old 7/20/04, 08:03 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Redtiger@July 20, 2004, 5:51 AM
I tell you what,I should like to know what kind of camera your using bobdob.Those are some crisp pics man.I know this is a Mustang site,but I thought you would wanna know,I work at the Ford Assembly Plant in Norfolk,Va.,and we ran a new Lightning through the system a couple days ago,it was real low key.Just FYI.
Did you notice what engine was in the belly of the beast?
Old 7/20/04, 02:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by bobdobolina@July 20, 2004, 5:13 AM
And here's the passenger side pic. These really don't do justice to how much room is there, either.

Clint
Did you also Notice that Mounting Point for the Strut Tower Brace? That's just another of the things like the Intake Cover that have been removed from the GT since we first saw it. But at least it's already set up to just Bolt it on. Here's some pic's with the brace and yours at the bottom.

On a Side Note, I'm really glad that they decided to paint the engine bay Body Color too as opposed to the Black of the Early Cars we have seen.

and hey JC69Stang, Yes the window drop feature was used on the 02-05 Thunderbird because it has Frameless Glass, like the 05 Mustang, so It needs to drop and close a 1/4 of an inch to seat into the seal since it has no frame to seal into, but the Lincoln LS has Aircraft type doors that the glass just seals into a chanel in the frame.

<span style='color:#FF0000'>Hey Dan, Should I use Protection? I try to Post Safe. LMAO
</span>
Old 7/20/04, 05:23 PM

hey there here are some of the pics I got of the 05 many we have seen allready but ya never know if your crazy bout this stang as much as me you wont care.
Old 7/20/04, 05:26 PM

i really do have to say as cliche as it sounds this car really is so much better in person than in these pictures.
Old 7/20/04, 05:28 PM

here is a pic of the trunk with the release tab
Old 7/20/04, 05:31 PM

a nice shot down the side
Old 7/20/04, 05:34 PM

i tried to get as many pics as i could thinking what hasnt been shot yet which is pretty hard now lol. At any rate it was raining making it even more difficult, but deffinately worth it

Quick Reply: Ford Legends, at Legends Field in Tampa, Florida