2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Legends, at Legends Field in Tampa, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/04, 02:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, Guys, I finally Got To See, Touch, and Sit, in the 05 Mustang Today. My Mother and I went to Legends Field today for the Mustang Madness Show. We arrived about 12:30 and didn't see the trailer for the Pony Drive, so we got out and started walking around, there were very few Privately Owned and Classic Mustangs at the show, but it was Friday, so I'm going back for the Saturday Show. There were lots of 04 Mustangs from local dealers there, Boy are these guys trying to push the 04's, every dealer rep. we talked to was trying to Play Up the fact that they have tons of 04's left and Deals are Good on them Right Now, No Kidding.

Well, we were walking toward the DJ booth and I was just about to say to my Mom that I guess the 05 hadn't arrived when I caught sight of the left rear quarter of a Torch Red 05 GT sitting within spitting distance, and I said to her "there it is." Like a lot of others have posted, This Thing Looks Incredible In Real Life, at least 100 times better than it does in pic's. So I went over and started looking at it and wanted to start taking some pic's. I wanted to see the Black insert in the Lower Bumper because I had heard about it but hadn't seen a clear pic of it yet, It looks really good in my opinion, nicely finished, and matches the Grill very well.

So then I walked around to the passenger side where my mom was leaning in the door looking at the dash and I told her "Get In, Sit In It, that's what it's here for," so she did as I went around to the drivers side and got to sit behind the wheel. Well, the Sky was pretty cloudy most of the morning, but as soon as she and I got comfortable in it, it started to rain, and pretty hard too! Needless to say the Ford Guys came running to close it up. They closed the hood and trunk and one of the guys asked my mom if we were just gonna stay in it, and she said "Sure why not?" so we got to sit in the best place at the show to stay dry, the inside of the 05!

I was busy checking out the roominess inside, and let me say first, I am a BIG MAN, I am 6'4", and 385 pounds, and I was VERY Comfortable in this car. With the Electric Drivers Seat all the way back I had about 4-5 inches of room between my knees and the dash, and at least 5-6 inches of headroom or more. The Door Panels are Nowhere nearly as intrusive in the shoulder room area as a 99-04 Stang, but they are very high. You have a real feeling of being down low in this car, but you are sitting in a very comfortable driving position. It is the result of the high beltline and the sleek almost chopped looking fastback roofline, but outward visibility is very good.

The Seats are Light Years Ahead of the Current Mustang Seats! Very comfortable to me. It had the Red and Charcoal Interior Accent Package, with the Instrument Panel Upgrade Package, which I noticed, the Aluminum on the Dash is actually Grooved for texture, and not Painted on. It Looks Awesome! The Red is a Very Close Match to the Torch Red Exterior Color. It is RED! Anyway, While I was busy checking out the accommodations and taking pic's, My Mom decided to look in the Glove Compartment. She Pulled out the 05 Owners Manual, Insurance Card, Registration and The Outer Piece of the Window Sticker, So I Snapped some pic's of all of this too.

Well we sat in it for about 20 minutes waiting for the Rain to let up and let me tell you what, people got tired of waiting for the rain to let up and started walking around it in the rain so I got out and went to a near by tent, so someone else could get in out of the rain, and one of the Ford Guys came over and helped my Mom to the tent Under His Umbrella.

When the rain let up, we went back over to look at it some more and so I could get a few more pic's. I noticed a couple things that we either hadn't seen before and a couple minor changes to it, from what we have seen before. First of all There are these Leather Straps on the Side of the Seats that Snap to the side of the lower cushion, I have no Idea what they are for? It did have the Side Air Bags, so maybe it has something to do with them, I'll ask tomorrow, and It doesn't have the "Ponies" on any of the Glass, where the Carlite Name is, it had FORD logos. I liked the little Ponies, it made it a little more special, but I guess FORD's Corporate Logo won out?

Well, Guys and Gals, I'm sure you're tired of reading so here are the pictures I got of it. I'll Get some more tomorrow.
Old 7/17/04, 02:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant wait to see your pics. Never get tired of any of 'em.
Old 7/17/04, 02:53 AM
GT Member

AWESOME news... too bad about the ponies... looking forward to the pics
Old 7/17/04, 03:06 AM
Cobra R Member

And I Still couldn't get a good shot of the insert. :bang:

This Guy was sitting in it when I got there. I also noticed that the Trim around the Side Windows is now pebble finished like the mirrors, not smooth and shiney like the Pic's I have Seen Before.

My Mom Looking throught the Glove Box.

The Center Stack. Also, the "Aluminum" on the Shifter is Coated with Plastic to keep it cool, and is Nicely Placed for Throws.

The Steering Wheel, Nice and Thick and a Perfect Reach.

The Miror Control, Door Handles and The Rain Outside. The Side Windows Drop a 1/4 of an inch as you open the door to unseal and close when you close the door too.

The Drivers Window Controls, and room beside my hips and thighs, and the door. Very Roomy.

People In the Rain Looking at it.

All Wet!

Does My Mom look Happy or What?

The Back Seat.

Some Pic's of the Outside.

Me In the Drivers Seat.

Mom In the Drivers Seat.

The Engine. I miss the Intake Cover, but it doesn't look as bad as I expected it to.

This Guy was 6' Tall and looked OK in the Back Seat so I got his Pic. He even had enough leg room when the seat back was in place, my Mom had left it where she was comfortable, in the Passenger seat and she's 5'6".

Here's a Pic of those Leather Straps I was Talking about on the seats?

Inside the Trunk Lid.

No More Ponies on the Glass. :angry:

Rear Seat Pass through. It's Not Completly Flat, The Rear Axle Does cause a Slight Drop behind the back seats.

Some Contents of the Glove Box.

And Lastly, the Trailer With the 500 and Freestyle. The Freestyle had a 12 foot long Surf Board in it from the dash to the tailgate, due to it's Folding Rt Front Pass Seat. I'll get more pic's tomorrow.
Old 7/17/04, 03:13 AM
GT Member

GREAT pics and congrats on gettin in it. When the beautifuly thing was here... I hardly even got to touch it.

EDIT: As for the strap, my only guess, not even a good one, is a retaining strap for the seat belt, or like you said, something for the air bags.
Old 7/17/04, 03:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Yeah Romero That's Kinda What I thought too considering it Litteraly Snaps to the Seat at it's bottom edge. Like I said I'll ask Tomorrow. I also got to get a Press Kit for the Mustang, 500, and Freestyle, but there wasn't really anything in it we haven't seen before. I'll Have to get a couple pic's of it later though, I left it at my Mom's House for her to look at.
Old 7/17/04, 04:15 AM

Originally posted by TampaBear67@July 17, 2004, 3:28 AM
Yeah Romero That's Kinda What I thought too considering it Litteraly Snaps to the Seat at it's bottom edge. Like I said I'll ask Tomorrow. I also got to get a Press Kit for the Mustang, 500, and Freestyle, but there wasn't really anything in it we haven't seen before. I'll Have to get a couple pic's of it later though, I left it at my Mom's House for her to look at.
That strap is a tether for the seatbelt. It's kinda clever and it gets rid of that awful plastic loop that used to be on the top of the seat. It's attached with a magnet - like the ones on briefcases. I think they relocated it to make it easier for people to get in and out of the backseat. You can step over it vs. getting strangled with the old one.
Old 7/17/04, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice job! Did you get a chance to look at the gap between the tire and the fender? If so, what did you think - too high or decently low?
Old 7/17/04, 07:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

On the pic of the owners guide it lists a web site, but I can't quite make it out.
Is it www.tso.ford.com? There might be some more info for us there.
Old 7/17/04, 07:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

TampaBear67, how close are your pictures to to true color? BTW thanks for the GREAT pix :worship: :worship:
Old 7/17/04, 08:01 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice shots Tampabear... try and ask the reps some questions to see if any of the rumours are true or not
Old 7/17/04, 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by pony_chief+July 17, 2004, 12:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pony_chief @ July 17, 2004, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TampaBear67@July 17, 2004, 3:28 AM
That strap is a tether for the seatbelt. It's kinda clever and it gets rid of that awful plastic loop that used to be on the top of the seat. It's attached with a magnet - like the ones on briefcases. I think they relocated it to make it easier for people to get in and out of the backseat. You can step over it vs. getting strangled with the old one. [/b][/quote]
I don't get it... :\

Tampa... ask them something about the steering wheel please... you know... the stuff about it being changed for 2006... and could you ask them if they plan to offer stuff like climate control, painted ext mirrors etc for future base (v6/gt) models, or only for special editions?
Old 7/17/04, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Wombert@July 17, 2004, 9:07 AM
Tampa... ask them something about the steering wheel please... you know... the stuff about it being changed for 2006...
On another thread, a Ford rep said that this steering wheel will stay as is - not being changed.
Old 7/17/04, 10:39 AM
GT Member

Nice write up and pics, Tampa. Thanks for the closeup pics - I'm really pleased to see how well the interior is put together. Gaps are relatively small, fit and finish looks great
Old 7/17/04, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great job TampaBear! Thanks for the pics! I'm glad to see that us bigger folks have plenty of room.
Old 7/17/04, 11:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Best Pics in a long time! Thanks Tampa. I plan on driving to this area in October for a little R&R. Soon as I get my 05"
Old 7/17/04, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
These are quite amazing pictures. The guy in the back seat one was the best for me, as I was very concerned about the room. That shows there's room. Yay!

Awesome stuff TB!

Also, I was somewhat pleased about the cool roll down feature of the side glass. Reminds me of a 61 lincoln convertible...
Old 7/17/04, 11:45 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Good stuff man, cool pics. I assume the lower valence insert is honeycomb?
Old 7/17/04, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

there are three spaces in the middle and the sides are honeycomb. The straps are for when the side airbags deploy out of the seat.... odd there was a piece missing out of the center stack......
Old 7/17/04, 01:27 PM
slp
V6 Member

I just got back from the Tampa show. Here are a few pictures; I tried to get some different angles.

I had not seen any pictures of the blanket under the hood:

Quick Reply: Ford Legends, at Legends Field in Tampa, Florida