Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Customer service screw up

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/05, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

OK I called ERL a few times after I found out that Vista Blue was being made finally and got the info off my dealer. After calling several times (stupid ERL never knows what your saying :scratch: ). It told me there was no info on my car at all, Naturally I freaked out and called Ford

Customer service the guy I got was nice enough but what happened after that drove me crazy. The guy tells me he can't find any info on my car so he needs my name. I gave it too him and he said that he still found nothing on it. So he asks for my dealer's name and says that the dealer code doesnt match up with the name. So he calls my dealer and puts me on hold. Comes back on and asks for my name again, then back on hold..........comes back asks for any suffixes attached to my name, back on hold..........comes back and says he

spoke with a salesman at the dealer (not mine or the owner) and tells me that they never ordered my car :bang: So I said if I have a DORA doesn't that mean that it was? He said no. (The Guy he spoke to was a new guy who didn't kno how to use the order checking system.) So I hang up the phone and call my dealer, my salesman says WHAT! So then he freaks out and says theres no way that it was not ordered. Tells me he will call me back. 10 mins later he calls and tells me my

Order #, my VIN, and best of all my deliver date ! Which as it turns out is both my birthday and the day the owner told me it would come in. I feel pretty stupid for not listening to the owner in the first place, so after appologizing 50+times to them I just hope they will let me go there for my next Mustang .Seriously they are great guys and if you want a Mustang, theres no better place in central Jersey (believe me I have looked) Thanks for reading.

----dealer plug-----
Capital City Ford
RT1
Lawrenceville NJ
Ask for Jerry tell him Tom sent you
Old 8/22/05, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that would have freaked me out too but I'm glad that it had a good ending!!
Old 8/22/05, 03:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should tell your salesman to give that new guy one of these! Glad you got good news.
Old 8/22/05, 04:53 PM
GTR Member

Wow.I bet you got that real hot feeling when something goes wrong.I hate that! Anyway's,you'll be enjoying your new stang before you know it
Old 8/22/05, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by vistablue mustang@August 22, 2005, 4:06 PM
Customer service the guy I got was nice enough but what happened after that drove me crazy. The guy tells me he can't find any info on my car so he needs my name. I gave it too him and he said that he still found nothing on it. So he asks for my dealer's name and says that the dealer code doesnt match up with the name. So he calls my dealer and puts me on hold. Comes back on and asks for my name again, then back on hold..........comes back asks for any suffixes attached to my name, back on hold..........
I found the people on the customer service number are used to dealing with people who already own Fords. TSB's, recall information, technical help, whatever. They don't dealer with cars on order often and it doesn't seem to be purpose. They'll almost always tell you to call your dealer which I think is a good idea most of the time.
Old 8/23/05, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@August 22, 2005, 5:56 PM
You should tell your salesman to give that new guy one of these! Glad you got good news.
Believe me I am sure the owner chewed him out big time. I deal with the owner alot (mainly him telling me to be patient and that it will be here soon, and not to drive him nuts). So I am sure he was pissed that someone did something to get me started .
Old 8/23/05, 01:06 PM
GT Member

How horribly frustrating!! I'm glad it turned out good though. I hope you get it for your Birthday!! Mine will be a "belated" birthday present. (My birthday was last week.)
-Marci
Old 8/23/05, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Vista,congrats on your 06.
Those guys at Capitol City are good people.
I went there first last year to order my 05,But because of that alotment thingy I'd of had to wait longer.

So I went to another dealer and orderd.

I Realy wanted to do buisness with those guys at Capitol City great guys.
Good Luck with your new Stang!
Old 8/23/05, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Stangers@August 23, 2005, 6:29 PM
Hey Vista,congrats on your 06.
Those guys at Capitol City are good people.
I went there first last year to order my 05,But because of that alotment thingy I'd of had to wait longer.

So I went to another dealer and orderd.

I Realy wanted to do buisness with those guys at Capitol City great guys.
Good Luck with your new Stang!
Yeah they are truly nice people. Always willing to tell you what you need to know. Thanks for reading