2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Accessories Store

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/04, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to get a set of 4 premium carpet fitted floor mats with the Mustang script for my '05. The problem is, it's such a new item I can't seem to order them yet.

My nearby dealer's parts dept. had told me last weekend they got a bulletin from Ford to say the part number would be available the first week in December. I checked fordaccessoresstore.com this week and it now has the item. I went back to the parts dept. with the number, but when they keyed it into their computer, it still didn't exist. They made a phonecall to the local distributor who confirmed it's too new an item.

When I said I'd try ordering online, I was told that I'd have the same problem because those orders go through the nearest dealer's parts department anyway. Is this true?
Old 12/5/04, 09:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally posted by barjon@December 5, 2004, 9:00 AM
I want to get a set of 4 premium carpet fitted floor mats with the Mustang script for my '05. The problem is, it's such a new item I can't seem to order them yet.

My nearby dealer's parts dept. had told me last weekend they got a bulletin from Ford to say the part number would be available the first week in December. I checked fordaccessoresstore.com this week and it now has the item. I went back to the parts dept. with the number, but when they keyed it into their computer, it still didn't exist. They made a phonecall to the local distributor who confirmed it's too new an item.

When I said I'd try ordering online, I was told that I'd have the same problem because those orders go through the nearest dealer's parts department anyway. Is this true?
I don't know about your last question (re: all online orders going to your nearest local parts department).

But I can tell you that when I gave my salesman a list of several accessories that I wanted to order from the 2005 Mustang Accessories brochure, he checked with his parts department and they didn't have prices for ANY of the items. Parts Department told my salesman it would be another 2-3 weeks before they expected to have prices on, and thus the ability to order, the accesories.

Hope this helps you a bit.
Old 12/5/04, 10:09 AM
FR500 Member

I've got the same runaround, I've been told that around the end of December things should open up a bit.

Is it just me, but if you put out a catalog, shouldn't you have the parts available...

Duh!
Old 12/5/04, 12:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 5, 2004, 1:12 PM
Is it just me, but if you put out a catalog, shouldn't you have the parts available...

Duh!
:scratch: You would think that... I've learned in the aftermarket accessory business that if you wait for the products to be available before printing, someone else will have already taken backordered requests -beating you to the punch... Not to mention some suppliers await demand #s before ramping up production... -it's a no win situation.
Old 12/5/04, 03:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Has anyone been able to order the floormats? Didn't think this would be a problem and haven't checked yet.
Old 12/5/04, 07:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Any way you guys could shoot me some info on how I can get this catalog or view it online? I did a quick scan on Ford's website and here on Brad's but no luck so far. Thanks in advance.
Old 12/5/04, 10:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Over 225 views and nobody can throw me a link or an address?
Old 12/5/04, 11:43 PM

Sorry to hear about your quest for the floor mats. I do not know of any place where you can download the 05 Mustang catalog. As with any new design of a vehicle, there are bound to be delays, especially in the accessory dept (know first hand with my 04 F150). As far as your parts dept stating if your order on line you go thru the nearest dealership, I do not believe that their statement is true. I live in Southwest Florida (have 5 Ford dealerships within a 35 mile radius) and have ordered accessories from various on line Ford businesses (fordpartsnetwork.com, fordaccessories.com, cheapfordparts.com, etc) for both my truck and my wife's car and all accessories were sent from what I assume are distribution centers. Memphis, Tenn was on a few of the packages return addresses. Hope I have passed on some good info to you. Good luck in getting your mats.
Old 12/5/04, 11:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks, I will check those sites. I second the good luck on the mats.
Old 12/5/04, 11:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it is fordaccessoriesstore.com. I don't know how to set up a link,sorry.
Old 12/6/04, 12:37 AM

I visited http://www.fordaccessoriestore.com and I see where it states that you cannot order on line thru them. They state that your local dealer will contact you and you will visit them to complete the order. So indeed your dealer was right. The other sites I've named (cheapfordparts.com, fordaccessories.com etc) if you purchase accessories thru them, your dealer is not involved. Cheapfordparts.com has some accessories available for the 05 Mustang, but not fitted floor mats. I'm sure as soon as they are available, they all will be offering them. Try a search for Ford Accessories and you would be surprised what is out there. Hope this helps.
Old 12/6/04, 04:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info, Mike!