2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally got ticket in 05 stang

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/05, 02:23 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night it happened I was pulled over on my way home on the freeway (it was pretty empty) and the novelty of the car couldn't save me this time, although it didnt stop the CHP from checking out my car and telling me to gun it when I took off. I was just cruising at a comfortable high rate of speed and I noticed a cars headlights way off in the distance in my rearview catching up quickly so I slowed down and changed lanes as it approached, it moved over to get behind me and I knew it was a cop, but at that point I was doing about 70 and he paced me for a few seconds and then there they were those awful red lights. He had sped up to catch up from 2 exits back when he was getting on the freeway. He asked if the car was mine and then asked if I was just seeing what she had. I told him of course not that would be stupid I only run fast on a track and I was just on my way home, besides I already know what she can do, he said that was good and gave me the ticket. Then proceeded to check out my car and tell me to gun it to get back on the freeway. Oh well I guess it was bound to happen I just dont have a clue as to where he came from. He must have been sitting somewhere under the overpass of the adjoining freeway with his lights off because there was no cars on the freeway where he said he first spotted me and I only passed 2 cars before he pulled me over. Well I'll fight it and update on how that goes, for the time being its back to slowing down a bit. And to think I finally had it out of my system and was just caught off gaurd being relaxed making good time getting home on an empty freeway, I guess I was too relaxed. So go ahead start the flaming, tell me to slow down. I deserve it.
Old 1/26/05, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

No flames needed. You broke the law, got caught, and then took it like a man. You are now using your legal rights to fight it. 70 is slow on the freeways, if its semi open the flow of traffic is over 75.
Old 1/26/05, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did he get you for the 70 mph he paced you at or did he shoot ya? Sorry about the ticket.
Michael
Old 1/26/05, 02:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

They aren't truly muscle cars until they get pulled over....good job! LOL

John
Old 1/26/05, 02:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by swingle007@January 26, 2005, 3:43 PM

John
That stinks....sorry to hear it. So, did you do a burn out when you left?
Old 1/26/05, 02:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom+January 26, 2005, 3:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ January 26, 2005, 3:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-swingle007@January 26, 2005, 3:43 PM

John
That stinks....sorry to hear it. So, did you do a burn out when you left?
[/b][/quote]

I would have laughed if he did and started going fast and got another ticket.
Old 1/26/05, 02:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh well, at least you know which cop to avoid next time Just be a little bit more careful next time bud.
Old 1/26/05, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well that stinks. Probably just one of many getting tickets now. Nice to know we will all be supporting the local economy. Watch your foot and you'll be fine.
Old 1/26/05, 03:07 PM

he got behind me when I was doing 70, he was two exits back when I first saw the headlights appear in the distance, so I backed off immediately figuring it was either a cop or someone I just needed to get out of the way of. I was at 80 and he was still an exit back and catching fast, then he got up on me as I switched lanes and I was doing that 70 and he paced me for about 5 secs and then pulled me over, said I was going over 100 when he first saw me, which I wasnt because I made sure to stay at 95 or below to keep from hitting that magic number of losing my license and having the car impounded on the spot (I know 95 isnt much better but thats what the law states so I was cautious to that, shouldve been cautious to speeding in general), and he gave me a ticket for 90. I turned my car off before he got out of his because I dont have mufflers on it and didnt want further hassles and was careful starting back up so as not to draw attention to myself and proceeded at the speed limit the rest of the way as he followed me until he stopped to help a distressed motorist on the side of the road, so no I didnt do a burn out.
Old 1/26/05, 03:09 PM
Cobra R Member

[]

You did the crime
Not time to whine
Stand up like a man /woman and pay the fine
And ROLL ON
Old 1/26/05, 03:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yep, these cars come fully loaded....including a glove box full of speeding tickets!
Old 1/26/05, 03:20 PM

"You did the crime
Not time to whine
Stand up like a man /woman and pay the fine
And ROLL ON "

Mongoose who said I was whining, I just told what happened. I am going to fight it as it is my right to and I don't care to pay that expensive fine. If I lose than I will pay and take traffic school and have it kept from being on my record.
Old 1/26/05, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear it bro...

When I get gas people ask me, "So is it fast?"

I usually tell them, yeah it goes when I want it to, but I don't punch it too hard, since I drive a bright red speeding ticket, and I don't need any extra attention.

Hope the court thing works out...I know that sometimes cops forget to appear and the ticket gets thrown out. Good luck
Old 1/26/05, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Then proceeded to check out my car and tell me to gun it to get back on the freeway.
Personally, there would be no WAY I would even consider doing this for a cop that just wrote me a ticket. If he had been cool and just given a warning, sure I'd put on a show. I would have had to have gone into negotiation mode at that point, or just ignore him. What could he do, pull you over for NOT making him happy by taking off fast? :notnice:

This cop also deserves some
Old 1/26/05, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally posted by rrobello@January 26, 2005, 5:10 PM
I turned my car off before he got out of his because I dont have mufflers on it
No Mufflers??

No Mufflers?

You're on the street with no mufflers?

:shock:

How loud is she? Sound good?
Old 1/26/05, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OFF TOPIC: Swingle, very cool new avitar

ON TOPIC: Sorry about the ticket man, I'm sure we'll see a LOT MORE this summer.
Old 1/26/05, 06:48 PM
Cobra R Member

I always agree with the police. They are always right. Treat them with respect. They are putting it out there for us. Three warnings with my 03 GT, no tickets. No stops yet with the 05. Knock on wood.

Sad to see good old American fun punished so. Tax collectors with a badge IMO.

A friend of mine got a camera ticket. They sent him a picture of him speeding with the ticket. He sent them a picture of 5 tens laid out on a table. Great joke. They sent him another letter with a picture of handcuffs laid out on a table. He sent in the fifty.
Old 1/26/05, 08:38 PM

What took so long? I had a ticket at 5 hours and 95 miles of ownership. Trooper was the best. 79 in a 65...potential $250 fine and 4 points. He cited me for disregarding a State Traffic Control Device (speed limit sign) a $75 fine and no points. I scheduled myself for a State Defensive Driving Class.

BTW 79 and i was with the flow...
Old 1/26/05, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 26, 2005, 5:23 PM
Mongoose who said I was whining, I just told what happened. I am going to fight it as it is my right to and I don't care to pay that expensive fine. If I lose than I will pay and take traffic school and have it kept from being on my record.
You're whining. Why waste everyone's time and money when you were obviously caught red handed? From your own statements, you have no legitimate grounds to fight it, you're just hoping for some kind of technicality.

You got nailed. Pay up and don't whine about "I don't care to pay that expensive fine".
Old 1/26/05, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

He didn't "give" you a ticket you earned it. I know, I know my students aren't impressed with my logic either when it comes to their grades.

Why are you going to fight it if you did it? I guess I wouldn't have though of that, how would you go about fighting it without lying, isn't the price of a ticket worth your self-respect? No offence just a different prospective for you to ponder.

Quick Reply: Finally got ticket in 05 stang