2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally got to drive an 05 V6

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/05, 09:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on one. I drive past Budget every day looking for a Mustang and they never have one. I ask them when I can get one and they tell me no chance in heck will there location get one. I go by there and they have one but tell me its unavailable for rent. AAAH!!

Well Saturday on my way to Christmas shopping I spy a torch red 6 on thier lot!

I was so excited and I know its not buying but I couldn't help but grin. All I've wanted was to drive one!

Wow, the steering feels so much better than my 02 did. The handling is better. Speedbumps are a little rougher I've noticed. Who ever said they can fit 4 6 ft people in there was joking right?

Now I finally understand the pain in having the cupholders where they are. haha Hmmm . . . There are so many little things wrong with the interior. Like the opener for the doors on the inside is oddly placed I think. The tray on the door where you can put crap is kind of odd too.

Oooh . . . and trying to get a kiddie seat strapped in with those two bars inside the seat? I broke a sweat!

AND for shame the people that had the car before me put the car through h-e-double hockey sticks! Stains, tar and paint chips galore! My girlfriend and I nearly cried! :bang:

Still with the various little things wrong I couldn't help but love it. The acceleration is to much fun! The little 6 sure has some get up and go now!
Old 12/4/05, 09:58 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Ballz@December 4, 2005, 8:54 PM
I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on one. I drive past Budget every day looking for a Mustang and they never have one. I ask them when I can get one and they tell me no chance in heck will there location get one. I go by there and they have one but tell me its unavailable for rent. AAAH!!

Well Saturday on my way to Christmas shopping I spy a torch red 6 on thier lot!

I was so excited and I know its not buying but I couldn't help but grin. All I've wanted was to drive one!

Wow, the steering feels so much better than my 02 did. The handling is better. Speedbumps are a little rougher I've noticed. Who ever said they can fit 4 6 ft people in there was joking right?

Now I finally understand the pain in having the cupholders where they are. haha Hmmm . . . There are so many little things wrong with the interior. Like the opener for the doors on the inside is oddly placed I think. The tray on the door where you can put crap is kind of odd too.

Oooh . . . and trying to get a kiddie seat strapped in with those two bars inside the seat? I broke a sweat!

AND for shame the people that had the car before me put the car through h-e-double hockey sticks! Stains, tar and paint chips galore! My girlfriend and I nearly cried! :bang:

Still with the various little things wrong I couldn't help but love it. The acceleration is to much fun! The little 6 sure has some get up and go now!
Glad you enjoyed your experience.. We'll all be here waiting for you to make the leap of faith.. Not sure if you drove a 5 spd, or an Automatic, but the 5spd feels alittle quicker than the auto...

Amazingly enough I just took my car out to grab a pack of smokes, and the air is really brisk around here right now.. So I jumped on it alittle, and couldnt stop myself from grinning ear to ear.. LOL!! I sure do love the lil sucker...

Well, have a Merry Christmas, and maybe santa might drop of an 06 V6 under the tree!!
Old 12/4/05, 10:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

I wish it was a stick but it was just an auto. Still it was sooooo nice to be behind a Stang again after driving a stationwagon! heh

I think I'm going to go grab some Dunkin Donuts coffee.

And yes you can break the wheels loose in an auto V6 . . . on a curve ( . . . on a deserted street) . . . making a u-turn.
Old 12/4/05, 10:13 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds fun man, glad to see you were back behind the stang's wheel for a bit
Old 12/4/05, 11:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Im selling my 05, it has 5300 Miles on it. Its a 5 speed. let me know if your interested. -Roger
Old 12/5/05, 05:01 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

umm yea-
the v6 is not meant for four adults- unless you like driving hunched under the steering wheel.
We tried that mess Saturday night. Did NOT work out. VERY uncomfy. BUT two kids can fit back there okay.

I can vouch for lighting them up- I just can never remember NOT to do it when its wet outside.