2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/04, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, my car is finally in! YEA
Of course, it has damage below the door and he also said it was damaged below the front bumper. I had a difficult time understanding where he was saying it was damaged. I was pretty frustrated to the point to where I asked him, "spit it out, where the heck is it damaged." Okay, maybe that's what I wanted to say, BUT I was thinking it though. He's saying I should get it by next Monday. After I got off of the phone, I was wondering if it should take that long (1 week) to repair this amount of body damage. My mind is going a hundered different directions. Should I cancel my order for this car and just order another? Do I go find another car at another dealer? Do I just stick it out and continue to be patient? I hate the fact that my car is already in a body shop and I haven't even sat in the thing yet! Frustrated
Old 11/1/04, 10:52 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy, that's a tough call. Maybe go look at it first and see how damaged it is and then deceide?

See if you can get something out of the Dealer for your mental anguish......
Old 11/1/04, 10:54 AM
Cobra Member

I'll tell them to stuff it. I know you want your car right now, but you're going to regret it later.
Old 11/1/04, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@November 1, 2004, 11:55 AM
Boy, that's a tough call. Maybe go look at it first and see how damaged it is and then deceide?

See if you can get something out of the Dealer for your mental anguish......
I agree...Especially if the damage is in the rocker panel area under the door....These cars are unit bodies, and derive a lot of their strength from areas such as the rocker panel....If it is really bad down there, that would be a tough call....Good luck...
Old 11/1/04, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

I would immediately go look at first. I would want to see the amount of damage the car has before I agreed to take it after it was repaired.
Old 11/1/04, 11:03 AM

It's a 2 1/2 hour drive, but I'm leaving now. This is ridiculous. If it's not too bad, I'm going to have them paint the little vertical pieces in the lower air dam (below the front bumper). I'm not sure what that part is really called-any suggestions? Also, I may have them paint the mirrors. I suppose this isn't too much to ask for, especially since it'll already be in the body shop! Any dealers here think I'm asking for too much?
Old 11/1/04, 11:16 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would definately want to see the damage before they fix it. Depending on what it is you may want to tell them to get you a different car.
Old 11/1/04, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@November 1, 2004, 2:19 PM
I would definately want to see the damage before they fix it. Depending on what it is you may want to tell them to get you a different car.
Ditto.
Old 11/1/04, 12:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Man ask for some 18 inch wheels or something.........
Old 11/1/04, 12:59 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just remember, the paint on the front bumper will chip easier if it is not factory paint.
Old 11/1/04, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

As others have mentioned, I would insist on seeing the damage before it was fixed. You're buying a brand new car, there should be no surprises, and you should be able to assume it is in *perfect* condition when you take delivery.
Old 11/1/04, 03:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Have them email you pictures of the damage, then decide if its worth a 2.5 hour drive.
Old 11/1/04, 04:18 PM
V6 Member

I personally would not take the car. Regardless of them fixing the damages it has been damaged. You did not put in a special request for them to damage your car in the front and below the door. I know accidents happen but you have a choice to either re-order or look around for one in stock. I know it is easier said than done but I would have to refuse the car and re-order. You have waited this long there is no reason to settle for this if you are not happen.
Old 11/1/04, 04:25 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I would never be satisfied with a damaged "new" car, specially if body work and paint was involved, not even with money off. An interior damage I could live with, but not body damage.
Old 11/1/04, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I would absolutley without a doubt NOT except the car but, that's me. Sounds like they F'ed up bad. A new car should not have to go to a body shop! I know you wait so long for the moment but, I would wait a little longer or go elsewhere. It's never the same once they get a hold of it.
Old 11/1/04, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

You should be getting back by now. What is the verdict?
Old 11/1/04, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

How long are you plaining on keeping the car. If it's longer than warranty, then I would reorder. If your going to trade it in on a Cobra, then enjoy it for 2 years.
Old 11/1/04, 06:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is the real scoop. If the body damage is on the very bottom and the side panels will not have to be repainted that's one thing but if the side panels have to be repainted it diminishes the value of your car. I've been to many auctions, including Manhiem-the worlds largest and the wholesalers go around with a meter and if the car has had paint work either they walk away or it won't bring top dollar. The rubber bumpers are the exception to this rule. If two years from now you trade it and your dealer asks if it has ever had any paint work, whether done befor delivery or a year later because of an accident, the answer remains the same. Having said that I'm sure your dealer will either say take it or not, I wouldn't look for any deal, these cars are to hot. As far as if you should buy it or not, well that is the question. Either you take it or find/order another. Pure judgement at this time. Your car-your call.
Old 11/1/04, 07:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I would not accept this vehicle under any circumstances EXCEPT a huge discount. No matter how good the repair, this car has the potential for future repercussions depending on how bad the damage is. I'm actually surprised that they even allowed the car off the truck. I've heard other dealers reject damaged Mustangs, not sure why this wouldn't have gone the same way.

These incidents keep happening and I really think they need to engineer a better way of getting these vehicles to delivering dealer in pristine condition.
Old 11/1/04, 07:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@November 1, 2004, 8:08 PM
I would not accept this vehicle under any circumstances EXCEPT a huge discount. No matter how good the repair, this car has the potential for future repercussions depending on how bad the damage is. I'm actually surprised that they even allowed the car off the truck. I've heard other dealers reject damaged Mustangs, not sure why this wouldn't have gone the same way.

These incidents keep happening and I really think they need to engineer a better way of getting these vehicles to delivering dealer in pristine condition.
I agree as much as it would hurt to wait you can't accept a (repaired new car). The way I see it, It can't be sold as new.

Sorry :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Quick Reply: Finally