2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Extreme Customs, Awesome Wheel Company!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/08, 05:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Extreme Customs, Awesome Wheel Company!!

I just wanted to post this to the mustang world and awesome wheel vendor I just delt with.

I was shopping around for Shelby Razor wheels for the best deal on them. Everywhere I went I kept getting quoted close to 2k or more on wheel/tire combos. Seemed a bit high for me and I continued to do research. Later on I realized that forum member and good friend of mine "05SatinGT" had the razor wheels on his stang. So I phoned him up and asked him where he got his wheels. He was unsure of the name, all he could tell me that he was an ebay vendor. so backtracing to EBAY, I saw one last sale the vendor had on his ebay website of a set of wheels (non razor), and it said to check out their new webpage. so he is no longer an ebay vendor and has a direct website.

Extreme Customs was the name, owned and operated by Tyler Reilly out of Wisconsin. Tyler is an awesome and friendly guy when you talk to him on the phone. He has just about any wheel manufactured on the market for any vehichle.

Called up Tyler 2 days ago and he gave me a fantastic quote of $1789 for 20" shelby razor wheels, 24MM offset, chrome with 265/35/20 Nitto 555 street tires, mounted, balanced and shipped to my door. that was an awesome deal! so a few days ago I called up tyler to give him my credit card for the wheels. when i gave him my credit card, he was going to his stock room to pull the wheels, and unfortionately the wheels he pulled were the 40MM offset and only had 1 shelby 24MM wheel. so he made a phone call to shelby to order a set of 24MM wheels and shelby told them they were backordered and would not see them till MAY!!

Tyler was nice enough to call me back and let me know what the situation was. As dissapointed as I was, Tyler reassured me that HE WILL get me a set of those wheels, and NOT have to wait till May. This was 2 days ago. I told him I trusted him and let me know how he makes out. Tyler still did not charge my credit card which is good and said he wouldn't until he got the wheels!

Yesterday, got a phone call from Tyler, and he went above and beyond his customer service, he did what he said he would do! He phoned a ton of American Racing dealers on the east coast the night before and finally found a set from a wheel distributor in Florida, he made a deal/arrangement with them, and the wheels are on their way to Tyler as we speak! He managed to call me last night to give me the great news and I was happier than a kid in a candy store! Once they reach Tyler, he will inspect the wheels, mount the tires, balance them, and ship them direct to my door!

I couldn't ask for any better customer service than that, to go above and beyond to find the wheels on the east coast, and give them to me at the best deal. The guy deserves a pat on the back for his oustanding work. any other wheel/tire place I've delt with, you would be waiting till may to see those wheels.

Anyone looking for a fantastic deal on wheel/tires, I highly recommend hitting up Tyler Reilly @ Extreme Customs. He is a vendor of all brand name wheels and tires.

http://www.extremecustomsllc.com

Last edited by MaverickMLFD371; 4/2/08 at 05:38 AM.
Old 4/2/08, 06:49 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's awesome. It is nice to see that some people still believe in providing excellent customer service. Something that is not easy to find these days.
Old 4/2/08, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Maverick

Glad you found tyler. I used him and posted pics on my razors in August of last year on Badmustangsclub's site. I guess I would have though you would have searched there and found the thread if you were trying to find a good place to buy them at (I'm assuming your registered as the same maverick over there as here).

Grats on finding him. He is definately a good guy to work with.

Andretti
Old 4/2/08, 07:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Andretti1
Maverick

Glad you found tyler. I used him and posted pics on my razors in August of last year on Badmustangsclub's site. I guess I would have though you would have searched there and found the thread if you were trying to find a good place to buy them at (I'm assuming your registered as the same maverick over there as here).

Grats on finding him. He is definately a good guy to work with.

Andretti

i actually did a search and couldn't come up with anything. I'll look again. yes I'm over there as well, but i changed from MaverickMLFD371 to Maverick27 on BMC
Old 4/2/08, 08:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Mav:
Glad you got the wheels from Tyler @ extremecustoms. I had a similar experience with him last year when I bought my razors!!

They're going to look awesome on Sonic !! Good choice on the 265 tires as well.

Le tme know when you get them.
John
Old 4/3/08, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

yeah its prolly buried on the exterior section of Badmustangs site. I know I made the "see my new wheels" post after I got them mounted around august of last year. But no big deal.

Just hate hearing someone had to take a harder route to get something I thought I had mentioned at some point. Obviously, you still got your wheels and found prolly one of the best guys to help you get it done.

Grats on the purchase. I know I have no regrets with mine.

Bryan