2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Exporting my 2006 Mustang GT to Spain: HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/20, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exporting my 2006 Mustang GT to Spain: HELP!!

Hello,
My name is Ramon. I have dual citizenship here in America as well as in Spain. I own a 2006 Mustang GT and it is my baby. I am moving back to Spain and was wanting to export it to my house in Spain. The only problem is that I don’t have any knowledge about the Spain legality side of my car. Like most mustang owners, I have added modifications to my mustang. My main concern is that because of these modifications, my car won’t pass the ITV inspection in Spain. My modifications are:
-Rear gear and pinion 3.73
-Installed LED Tail lights and headlights
-Installed different exhaust
-Tuned
-Cold air intake
I have not added any major modifications and still have all of the original parts incase I need to export them with the car in the trunk. However, the gear pinion ratio is not something you can simply “take off”. Don’t worry about all of the paperwork because I have already notarized and apostilled everything with the state. The only concern is the car itself when it goes to do the inspection. If anybody could give me some information about anything pertaining to this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you,
Ramon
Old 6/11/20, 11:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I found this:
https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog...-in-spain.html

And this:
https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog...nto-spain.html

It sounds like you already know things going on over there regarding the ITV, so I'll just put in my .02 Euros on it in case it helps:

Gears shouldn't be an issue. The lights might be if they don't like the glare from the headlamps that the LEDs might put out. If they want amber rear turn signals or the side markers, you'll have to get that figured. The exhaust, CAI and tune will definitely fold their ears back like an angry cat and fail you, most likely. Unless all that doesn't mess up the emissions, which is what that's about. Further, the exhaust being too loud might get you, but I don't know if Spain's that angry about the noise thing.

Overall, I'd be talking to a/the exporter that gets the car over there. Maybe find an inspector on this side of the pond to do the inspection to ensure it'll be ok on the other shore. That'd be what I'd be doing, no point in sending it later if it doesn't pass now...

I'm sure I didn't say anything you didn't already think about, but I hope it helps anyway! Good luck on your move! And welcome to the forums! I believe they still work on that side of the Atlantic, pics when you get over there with your car!

Last edited by houtex; 6/11/20 at 11:44 PM.