2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

for everyone near orlando wishing to see the 05 gt

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/04, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:37 am Post subject: Update on 05 gt in orlando
Well guys it will be at waterford lakes town center from 5-9pm on thursday the 15th of july. We will have our test drive in between then and sat when the car will be in tampa.

Roger

Here is the press release:

NEWS

Kurt Kosmowski Jim Cain John Arnone
313-203-7183 (office)
313-506-6932 (cell) 313-322-3428 jcain1@ford.com
313-248-3865
jarnone@ford.com

kkosmowski@camblellco.com

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FORD BRINGS ITS "YEAR OF THE CAR"
ROAD SHOW TO ORLANDO

DEARBORN, Mich., July 2, 2004 – Ford Motor Company, which is in the midst of the largest roll out of all-new products in its history, has sent the three pillars of its "Year of the Car" – the Ford Five Hundred flagship sedan, the Ford Freestyle, which bridges the gap between sedans and SUVs, and the fifth generation of the legendary Mustang – on a tour of North American cities this summer. On July 15, the tour arrives in Orlando.

All three new Fords will be on display at Waterford Lakes Town Center in Orlando from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

"Between last fall's launch of the new 2004 F-150 pickup and this fall's launch of the all-new Mustang, more than 60 percent of the Ford showroom will be new designs, and that includes so many new cars that we're calling 2004 the 'year of the car,'" said Barb Samardzich, executive director, Small FWD and RWD. "We want to show consumers in Orlando how we're trying to change the game in every segment of the car market by offering safety features, roominess, versatility, powertrain technology and great design in combinations you can't find from any other company."

The three vehicles on display include:

An American Icon: Ford Mustang – Since its debut on April 17, 1964 at the World's Fair in New York, Mustang has become inextricably linked with American culture. The car has been featured in more than 500 films; it has inspired countless rock and roll songs, including "Mustang Sally," graced postage stamps and has been the personal car of presidents. More than eight million Mustangs have been sold. Now, Ford is preparing to launch only the fifth all-new Mustang in history.

The 2005 Mustang retains the classic "muscle car" styling cues of a long hood and short rear deck in a design that is modern, muscular and immediately recognizable as a Mustang. Designers have described the boldly styled interior as a "$30,000 interior in a $20,000 car" in the case of the V-6 model. In an industry first, Mustang owners can customize their instrument panel lighting to any of 125 colors, thanks to Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology.

The heart and soul of any sports car are its engines and chassis, and the 2005 model charts new ground for Mustang while preserving technologies essential to the car's legions of fans. For example, Mustang's architecture is an all-new design for improved steering, ride and handling. But it retains the solid rear axle beloved by drag racers for its durability and traction-enhancing geometry.

Power also is part of the Mustang mystique and the new model will be the first to offer a base 300-horsepower V-8 straight from the factory. The Mustang's V-8 is a far cry from traditional Detroit iron of the 1960s. The new engine is an all-aluminum 4.6-liter V-8 that uses three-valve cylinder heads, instead of two-valve heads, for improved torque, horsepower and lower emissions.

Customers for the Mustang V-6 will enjoy 210 horsepower and performance that rival Mustang GTs from the 1980s and 90s in a well-equipped car that Ford promises will have a base sticker price under $20,000.
Ford's New Flagship: Five Hundred – This all-new flagship of the Ford car showroom was developed in the U.S. with a vehicle architecture developed with Volvo, which is part of Ford's Premier Automotive Group. The Five Hundred is about the same length as a Ford Taurus, but it boasts about twice the rear-seat knee room, and a bigger trunk than the much larger Ford Crown Victoria. In fact, the trunk is so well designed it can hold up to eight full-size golf bags.

Another feature that drivers and passengers will immediately notice is the Five Hundred's Command Seatingβ„’ position. A car with Command Seating gives drivers an SUV-like view of the road because their "H-point" – the pivot point of the hip when seated – is up to four inches higher than such competitive vehicles as Toyota Camry.

Under the hood, the Five Hundred boasts sophisticated powertrain technology, including six-speed automatic and continuously variable transmissions. These new transmissions – rare in affordable North American sedans -- allow the car to out-accelerate similarly sized sedans with larger, thirstier engines.

Ford's fuel-saving transmissions complement Five Hundred's 3.0 liter Duratec 30 V-6, which has exceptionally clean tailpipe emissions. Five Hundred – along with the Mustang and Freestyle – will be certified to a government standard that is twice as clean as the Ultra-Low Emissions vehicle standard.

Another invisible but potentially invaluable feature is the Five Hundred's available all-wheel drive system. This system, which requires no driver action whatsoever to engage, can shift power between the front and rear wheels almost instantaneously to keep the car moving confidently in rain, snow and sand.

Ford Freestyle: Bridges the Gap – Freestyle is an all-new vehicle that bridges the gap between SUVs and traditional passenger cars by combining SUV design cues and available all-wheel drive with car-like ride and handling. But its watchword is versatility. Freestyle can carry up to seven passengers across three rows of seats, or almost any combination of people and cargo – including a10-foot extension ladder. That's because Freestyle's third- and middle-row seat backs, as well as the front-passenger seat back, fold flat.

And unlike many other six- or seven-passenger vehicles, passenger comfort is not sacrificed to fit three rows of seats. Freestyle will have best-in-class second- and third-row legroom and third-row legroom and third-row knee clearance, plus natural chair-like seating positions.

Freestyle shares many of the same pioneering technologies as the Ford Five Hundred, including its fuel-saving and performance-enhancing CVT, powerful but clean V-6 engine and advanced safety features, including an available Safety Canopy air curtain system that protects all three rows in side-impact collisions and rollovers.

Pricing and Availability: The Ford Freestyle, Five Hundred and Mustang will begin arriving in Ford showrooms in the fall. Pricing for all three vehicles will be announced closer to launch.

###
July 2004
Old 7/6/04, 09:41 PM
GT Member

sweeett ,,,,thats the open-air mall near UCF right???
Old 7/7/04, 06:49 AM
Cobra Member

yes if you want details give me a ring. We will have a test drive soon thereafter as soon as our sponsor gets ahold of that night or the next day. Did you check out the forums by chance?
Old 7/7/04, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

anyone know when and where the car will be in or near Tampa?
Old 7/7/04, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Sweet! Yeah, Tampa's much closer to me as well -- if the Stang shows up there, I could make the trip to finally see one in person! Oh yeah!
Old 7/7/04, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

were are u gm convert?
Old 7/7/04, 02:06 PM
GT Member

I'm in Naples. By your username, I'd guess you're around here too! Naples or Fort Myers perhaps?
Old 7/7/04, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

fort myers..... but trying to get out...
Old 7/7/04, 09:55 PM
Cobra Member

That will be on the 17th at legends field. At the end of july we will have the opportunity to drive one. This is from my website:

http://www.perfectionperformance.com/forum...wtopic.php?t=37

Roger
Old 7/8/04, 07:16 AM
GT Member

Excellent! Thanks for the info!
Old 7/8/04, 08:43 AM
Cobra Member

No problem we are going to have a test drive at the end of july so email me if your interested.

Roger
Old 7/9/04, 08:41 PM

thanx mach1 for the info i live in citrus county and plan on seeing the 05 in Tampa ....cant wait
Old 7/10/04, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

Np I will keep you guys updated on when I get a firm date for the test drive.

Roger
Old 7/15/04, 10:26 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Confirmed the car show on Saturday:

Legends Field
3802 East Martin Luther King Blvd
(corner of MLK Blvd & Dale Mabry Drive)
Tampa, FL
813 879-2244

It the stadium where the NY Yankees play during spring training.

Old 7/15/04, 10:11 PM
Cobra Member

I am going on sat if you guys want to.
Old 7/15/04, 11:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll Be There Friday and Saturday, at Legends Field! I am Taking My Mom to See the 05 Friday, and Going again on Saturday with Friends.
Old 7/16/04, 12:09 AM
Cobra Member

I had to work today, but I'm off tomorrow!!!
Old 7/16/04, 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

well look for a zn yellow mach with black wheels and louvres and thats me..... Hopefully I will get to meet some of you guys.

Roger
Old 7/16/04, 03:24 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I'll be there. Should I wear a minnie skirt?

Old 7/16/04, 07:12 PM

I will also be @ Legends Field tomorrow cant wait to finally see this car in person

Quick Reply: for everyone near orlando wishing to see the 05 gt