2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Even More 05 questions

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/04, 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Growing up, my folks had a '74 Mustang II coupe and a '77 Camaro. Not a lot of room in the back seat, but I did just fine. Like someone else said on here, I was just happy my parents had resonably cool cars!

That Ford Country Squire wagon someone mistook for the Family Truckster sure looks sweet. That's what happens when you grow up with Camaros and Mustangs (and RX-7s and Thunderbird Turbo Coupes) -- you develop an interest in the cars you didn't sample. Like classic American wagons!
Old 7/20/04, 09:48 PM
GT Member

I tried finding pics of the real one from the movie,,,,,and only came up with that one. Accourding to a few sites I read, thats what type of car it realy was. (at least use to be)
Old 7/21/04, 02:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 18, 2004, 8:42 AM
Anyone see in the glove box aside from the manual?

This boring 04 I rented had toys o plenty in there- A cd rom(but sadly nothing amusing on it) an insurance and registration holder, is my Eleanor going to have the same?

Also:
As for the keys and remote opener/trunk popper- Is Ford giving us a new key that is not hideous and giant?Maybe a round one with a blue oval or horse logo? And a remote that doesn't look like it came from the gumball machine?

I passed on the lovely orange because one of my kids had to sit cross legged and the other had to sit sideways back there-they were ticked, I got back there and got claustophobic- The picture says an adult can sit in back all comfy like, anyone actually done this? I am not looking for the square acre of room the olds has in back, but an inch or so of legroom is cool.

The 04 v6 engine is embarassing looking, all the mules are gts so no one has seen one of the v6 motors right? If someone has, please let me know about it.

Fifteen gallon gas tank? 15 or so mpg?

and most importantly riddle me this- long long ago back in 2000 I bought a 23k car( I had I want disease, and didn't even try to haggle) with a token 5% down payment and my car payment is very reasonable, how is it just over 4 years later the same priced car is $100 more a month doing the $16.67 per a thousand? Am I doing something incorrect with the formula? I can only to the best of my ability without cutting out all the things I enjoy wasting money on do 10%, assuming a v6 premium with all the toys I want will run me around 22k. Untangle that for me.

Also- Predictions on which one will be a non sheep color, Alabama is big on black white red blue and yellows. I want a look at me, not oh look a mustang.
The glove is as small as any other's front air bag box has been

I think they get the newer style key, a little smaller then the standard ones the cars use now. All the trucks use the newer key. They used to have a jeweled 'ford' logo on them, the latest ones just have it engraved. Remotes are the same, who the F cares what keys look like anyway???

The second row seat is still for non-paying customers.

Open an explorer hood

Unless your credit has become horrible, there is NO way a payment, dollar for dollar will actually go UP from 2000 on a 2004.

as for color, i have no idea what you are sayin there hon
Old 7/22/04, 08:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ack!

For "non paying customers" I took them on a 3k mile road trip, and we have all fallen head over heels in love with it. Ok a v6 auto but you can still pretend. The seats are the MOST SPECTACULAR thing ever

As for Down payment, I no longer care if I have to work to make the car note every month, because I am like a giddy teen in love with her. I have 1k right now, I will come up with more, but I gotta pray to the ford finance gods also.

The clicker is an April thing- I live by the clicker- and sometimes have fun with the panic button(when someone gets too close) admit it- you do it too

colors you ask? This week I am leaning black or redfire, the rental is redfire and it is glorious!!
Old 7/22/04, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 22, 2004, 8:24 AM
Ok a v6 auto but you can still pretend.
Yeah, I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

I wonder if this filter works like it does on my motorycle board. If you say poo twice poo poo, it only filters the first one out.
Old 7/22/04, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Didn't work. oh well.
Old 7/22/04, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

So are you going to hold out for the 2005 or not?
Old 7/22/04, 10:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 22, 2004, 9:24 AM
For "non paying customers" I took them on a 3k mile road trip, and we have all fallen head over heels in love with it. Ok a v6 auto but you can still pretend. The seats are the MOST SPECTACULAR thing ever

As for Down payment, I no longer care if I have to work to make the car note every month, because I am like a giddy teen in love with her. I have 1k right now, I will come up with more, but I gotta pray to the ford finance gods also.
You drove an 05 for 3000 miles?

As for being giddy, dont loose focus in the finance office, check with your bank in advance to see what rates you should be getting and have a back-up if the dealer tries to hit you high on rate.
Old 7/22/04, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

kevin, I think she rented an 04.
Old 7/22/04, 10:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

and she liked the seats?
Old 7/22/04, 10:41 AM
FR500 Member

I personally think we are worrying way too much about the litte things... keys, seats, glovebox, colors even. This is a Mustang, not a Mercedes. Don't pet the sweaty stuff... or er... sweat the petty stuff. Just my 2 cents.
Old 7/22/04, 12:12 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by scottie1113@July 22, 2004, 11:27 AM
kevin, I think she rented an 04.
Its an 04, and I am in love.Yes, 1,400 miles times two, and the longer I am in it the more I love it.

But I can wait another few months- I have waited this long, so it won't kill me.
Old 7/22/04, 12:15 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by kevinb120@July 22, 2004, 11:32 AM
and she liked the seats?
Oh my LORD! I would sleep on those seats if I could, they are spectacular! Front seats anyhow B), dang the backseats. No complaints, over its an AUTO, blah, but like I said, I am a good pretender.

Redfire sparkles like diamonds under light too, sooooooooooo pretty.

Look on the bright side, now I know! I never have to wonder again.
I will be doing this again in a few months, the day Hertz gets the 5 in.
Old 7/22/04, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Good idea test driving the car as a rental. You'll definitely get more time to fiddle with the details if you don't have a salesperson looking over your shoulder.

When I got my 98 vert, my kids were 9 & 6 and they fit in the back seat fine. Even fairly long trips were bearable, since they played their gameboys or whatever. Those days didn't last long though.

They are 15 and 12 now. The 15 yr old doesn't fit in the back, so the wife has to sit back there with the 12 yr old. That means the car never sees family trips anymore - not even to the grocery store. Heck, my 66 FB has more room in the backseat than the SN95s.

I plan to use the backseat of my 05+ SE as a storage area for weekend bags...