2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Even More 05 questions

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/04, 07:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone see in the glove box aside from the manual?

This boring 04 I rented had toys o plenty in there- A cd rom(but sadly nothing amusing on it) an insurance and registration holder, is my Eleanor going to have the same?

Also:
As for the keys and remote opener/trunk popper- Is Ford giving us a new key that is not hideous and giant?Maybe a round one with a blue oval or horse logo? And a remote that doesn't look like it came from the gumball machine?

I passed on the lovely orange because one of my kids had to sit cross legged and the other had to sit sideways back there-they were ticked, I got back there and got claustophobic- The picture says an adult can sit in back all comfy like, anyone actually done this? I am not looking for the square acre of room the olds has in back, but an inch or so of legroom is cool.

The 04 v6 engine is embarassing looking, all the mules are gts so no one has seen one of the v6 motors right? If someone has, please let me know about it.

Fifteen gallon gas tank? 15 or so mpg?

and most importantly riddle me this- long long ago back in 2000 I bought a 23k car( I had I want disease, and didn't even try to haggle) with a token 5% down payment and my car payment is very reasonable, how is it just over 4 years later the same priced car is $100 more a month doing the $16.67 per a thousand? Am I doing something incorrect with the formula? I can only to the best of my ability without cutting out all the things I enjoy wasting money on do 10%, assuming a v6 premium with all the toys I want will run me around 22k. Untangle that for me.

Also- Predictions on which one will be a non sheep color, Alabama is big on black white red blue and yellows. I want a look at me, not oh look a mustang.
Old 7/18/04, 08:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The payment depends on the term and rate. 5 years 6.9% is about $19.81 per thousand spent. 5 years 3.9 is 18.42 per.

If you go to Fordvehicles.com and build and price a 2004 mustang, there is a payment estimator on the left side of the screen. You can change rates, terms, downpayments, etc. to see how it affects your payment.
Old 7/18/04, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 18, 2004, 7:42 AM

Also:
As for the keys and remote opener/trunk popper- Is Ford giving us a new key that is not hideous and giant?Maybe a round one with a blue oval or horse logo? And a remote that doesn't look like it came from the gumball machine?
If there is one thing I can't stand it's a giant key.
Old 7/18/04, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

It's not the size of the key that counts,lol...sorry,I had to
Old 7/18/04, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

The last thing I have ever considered about a car is the key. If I've got one and it works, I'm good to go. Same with cupholders and radios, but then I grew up when cupholders were your knees, all radio was AM, and very few cars had A/C. I still prefer to drive without it, and used mine for the first and only time last summer after 18 months with my car.

I haven't read the specs on the size of the gas tank for the 2005 Mustang, but my SN95's owners manual lists it at 15.3 gal. It'll probably be close to that, and 15 mpg? No way. Unless you really feed it a healthy dose of go juice every time you start, it'll be a whole lot better than that. My 95 5.0 AODE gets 17 in town and 22-24 on the freeway, depending upon speed. The new Mustangs should do even better.

Non sheep colors will include Dark Highland Green--oops, sorry. Who really cares if you have, say, a blue Mustang and you see a lot of them? Choose the color you like best and enjoy the you know what out of it.

Yes, the kids will be crowded in the back seat. That's life in a Mustang. If you want something with room for kids, get a minivan.

My first new car was a 1970 Camaro SS350 which I took delivery of in Oklahoma when I was in the Marines. Not long after I did, my in laws, who were pushing 60 if I remember, came to visit. I shoehorned them into the back seat, drove 3 1/2 hours to Dallas, around town, and back the next day. They survived, though they didn't want to do it again. So will your kids. Besides, they'll tell their friends that their mom drives a Mustang.

Take lots of pictures of them all scrunched up in the back seat. You'll all laugh about it years down the road.

And that will be priceless.
Old 7/18/04, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

My kids,13 year old daughter and 3 year old son both love the backseat...mostly when the tops down,lol. My daughter does complain at times but she's unusually tall to begin with. It's a fun weekend short cruise car for the family. I remember being crammed along with my sister in my mom's 76 Mustang II. That was our only car back then. I can't remember either of us ever complaining about the leg room.Then again mom is only 5'2" and always had the seat all the way forward,lol!!!
Old 7/18/04, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by scottie1113@July 18, 2004, 8:49 PM
The last thing I have ever considered about a car is the key. If I've got one and it works, I'm good to go. Same with cupholders and radios, but then I grew up when cupholders were your knees, all radio was AM, and very few cars had A/C. I still prefer to drive without it, and used mine for the first and only time last summer after 18 months with my car.

I haven't read the specs on the size of the gas tank for the 2005 Mustang, but my SN95's owners manual lists it at 15.3 gal. It'll probably be close to that, and 15 mpg? No way. Unless you really feed it a healthy dose of go juice every time you start, it'll be a whole lot better than that. My 95 5.0 AODE gets 17 in town and 22-24 on the freeway, depending upon speed. The new Mustangs should do even better.

Non sheep colors will include Dark Highland Green--oops, sorry. Who really cares if you have, say, a blue Mustang and you see a lot of them? Choose the color you like best and enjoy the you know what out of it.

Yes, the kids will be crowded in the back seat. That's life in a Mustang. If you want something with room for kids, get a minivan.

My first new car was a 1970 Camaro SS350 which I took delivery of in Oklahoma when I was in the Marines. Not long after I did, my in laws, who were pushing 60 if I remember, came to visit. I shoehorned them into the back seat, drove 3 1/2 hours to Dallas, around town, and back the next day. They survived, though they didn't want to do it again. So will your kids. Besides, they'll tell their friends that their mom drives a Mustang.

Take lots of pictures of them all scrunched up in the back seat. You'll all laugh about it years down the road.

And that will be priceless.
well said
Old 7/18/04, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QUOTE=EleanorsMine,July 18, 2004, 7:42 AM] Anyone see in the glove box aside from the manual?

[/QUOTE]

Old 7/18/04, 10:25 PM
Bullitt Member

lol speaking of kids scrunched up in the backseat.. reminds me of a time when i was a kid ridin in the back of my dads 78 trans am. i said hey dad there is a cop behind you with his lights on... he was so frickin close to the back of our car my dad couldnt even see his lightbar red and blues goin. so needless to say... when the cop was giving him a hard time about goin 5 mph over the speed limit or w/e, my dad was giving him and even harder time about tailgating with 3 kids in the back seat. he got away without a ticket...

the good ole days 55 mph speed limit....man that stinked.

thinks the language filter is getting ridiculous when you cant say stuff you hear on network tv during prime time. ie... the opposite of blows...

censorship su cks
Old 7/18/04, 11:07 PM
Cobra Member

Unfortunately, I remember the days of the 55 mph speed limit, and gas rationing. They were not the good old days. I remember when the odd/even number of your license plate dictated when you could buy gas.

I also remember several cross country--I'm talking coast to coast-- trips in my parents 59 Pontiac Safari Catalina wagon, with our dog passing gas whenever he could. Whew.

This was in the days before Insterstates. My left arm arm was sunburned from resting it outside the window as we drove west. I think I was 9 years old, and my brothers were a little younger. We chucked peach pits at traffic signs in Iowa and woke up one morning in Yellowstone to find a bear paw print on our pup tent.

When we were sleepy in the car, we crawled back, wrestled with the dog and slept for a while.

Kids can survive alimost anything.
Old 7/19/04, 05:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am taking this 04 on the ultimate road trip-3,000 miles to NY up to Ct and back. The kids and I are growing to love it. I have never had such comfy seats. My husband is the lone hold out-BUT he has his bronco which I in turn don't like.
NO, I have not seen any 05s and I am on the road in VA right now.I do have my camera for in case. Spur of the moment- I love a good road trip, and I wanted to feel this car out WELL. Not to mention get my $$$ worth.
I asked about sheepy colors because I am thinking black this week. Until the DORA is in my hand I have wiggle room.
Stereo is GREAT!
Old 7/19/04, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

I love long road trips. I envy you! Keep us posted.
Old 7/19/04, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

you need the family truckster for it to be a real roadtrip...
Old 7/19/04, 08:30 PM
GT Member

You mean kinda like that "metalic P" colored stationwagen that chevy chase drove in family vacation???
Old 7/19/04, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

exactly
Old 7/19/04, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

And don't forget to pick up Aunt Edna along the way,lol!!!!
Old 7/19/04, 09:26 PM
GT Member

You have any idea how hard it is to find screen shots to that movie,,,,,,,lol

This is the only picture i can find of the Wagon Queen Family Truckster

http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/21/a2/a8_1.JPG

Old 7/19/04, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

:worship:
Old 7/20/04, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by its_amazing@July 19, 2004, 9:29 PM
You have any idea how hard it is to find screen shots to that movie,,,,,,,lol

This is the only picture i can find of the Wagon Queen Family Truckster

http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/21/a2/a8_1.JPG

Thats not the Family Truckster. This is:

Old 7/20/04, 09:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a .pdf of "Mustang Quick Reference Guide 2005" floating around on this site that says it (the '05) has a 16 gallon tank.

As for MPG, in my 3.8L V6 Camaro (V6 '05 is 4.0L) I get about 22-23 city and 26-27 highway.

Also, my daugher AND her forward facing car seat (she's currently 25lbs) fit fine in the back of the Camaro. Its rear seat space seems to be the same as an '05. She takes trips fine in the back.

Quick Reply: Even More 05 questions