2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ERL no status ??

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/06, 08:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ERL no status ??

I've called the ERL for the first two days this week and it still said that my car was schedule for production week of 7/31 and delivery eta of 8/20...

Now today I call and ERL says that there is no status for my vehicle ?? What does that mean ? Hopefully it's not bad.
Old 8/2/06, 01:38 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should call your salesman and ask the status of your car. ERL should say your "unit has been bucked" by now.
Old 8/2/06, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by NJ3
You should call your salesman and ask the status of your car. ERL should say your "unit has been bucked" by now.
I only hope that when ERL says my "unit has been bucked" I hear her correctly....

Kidding aside, thanks for the info. I am going into the system using order number 'cause I can't get her to get the VIN correctly to save my life (having a cold and being nasally for the last week isn't helping either). I am hoping that the lack of status is just because the status changed !!!!
Old 8/2/06, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. Last week, I got "as of 8/1 your order has been locked in for production week of 7/31 with eta of week of 8/19"

Then it changed to "as of 8/1 your order is scheduled to be built week of 7/31" - they took away the "locked in" part.

Now it's 8/2, and I still get the same message - no "bucked".

Some folks have pointed out on other threads that they went straight from scheduled to released, with no explicit ERL message confirming that the car was bucked on the line. I'd still like to hear that so I know it's happening

Bill
Old 8/2/06, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

I certainly hope so. It'd be interesting to see how far apart they are built. I know I've seen one or two more people around here that has the same scheduled date.

These last weeks/days waiting for the car to arrive are gonna drag by as slowly as possible.
Old 8/2/06, 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
check below, going through about the same.
Old 8/2/06, 08:50 PM
GT Member

me too, me too. Mine is scheduled to be built this week. The ERL is still saying "As of 8/1 your unit is scheduled to be built week of 7/31." I've heard before though that ERL doesn't update until Thursdays. Not sure how true that is.
Old 8/2/06, 09:11 PM
GT Member

Mine is supposed to be built Friday 08/04/06. ETA to dealer 08/18/06. It was locked in once but that disappeared and now it is scheduled.
Old 8/2/06, 10:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

it sucks for us all, but I'm relieved to know I'm not the only stuck in the boat.

If they update it Thursdays, I guess I know tomorrow.

Gisarm did the ERL say it was going to be built on a specific day ? I hadn't gotten that before just that it was going to be this week.

Like Doug, this too is the first car I've ever ordered and my first Mustang. You have no idea how many people keep asking me...
"You have your car yet" ?
"What's taking so long"?
"Why didn't you just find one on the lot, wouldn't that have been easier"?

I'm gonna be a wreck if I have to wait much longer....My current car just died on me and now instead of a couple grand to the down-payment I'm taking a loss on it. It's either spend the 600 or so bucks to fix it(after already spending 500 do fix nothing.... **** shady mechanic)... and lose money to be able to drive it to the dealer. This sucks
Old 8/2/06, 11:12 PM
V6 Member

I'm in the same boat. Was "sked to be built week of Aug 7" then "locked in for production week of Aug 7"; that changed Monday morning to "as of Aug 7 you unit is scheduled to be built week of Aug 7" again. My ETA changed on Monday morning from week of Aug 15 to week of Aug 21. IPCHAY61 in SC has told me that he has seen this happen before-car will probably be built on Aug 7.
Old 8/3/06, 10:23 AM
GT Member

Borrowed Time

Hey Habu...I feel your pain.

I just pre-sold my car to a relative with the understanding that if anything breaks (or if it's wrecked) that I would have to fix it (or give her the money back).

I am a week away from delivery! Atlanta is a crapshoot when it comes to accidents.....come oooonnnnn railcar!
Old 8/3/06, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

<HABU>I've called the ERL for the first two days this week and it still said that my car was schedule for production week of 7/31 and delivery eta of 8/20...

Now today I call and ERL says that there is no status for my vehicle ?? What does that mean ? Hopefully it's not bad.

I would wait until later today and try again. It's possible that the system might be down or updating so that could be the reason for the message you got.
Someone else here suggested calling the salesman for updates-
In my case it seemed like I knew more about the status of my car from this site and the ERL then my dealer. (dealer told me 'car being built'. Ford said 'temp delay'
Ford uses 'Build Week' not Build Day' so that 'week of 7/31' means car will be built anytime from 7/31(Mon) to 8/6 (Sat).
I believe you mentioned the word 'Bucked' in one of your messages-
I didn't get that in the case of my car...mine went from 'scheduled for build week of 12/13' to 'as of 12/14 unit shipped by convoy carrier'
----------

<navier>I'm in a similar boat. Last week, I got "as of 8/1 your order has been locked in for production week of 7/31 with eta of week of 8/19"

Then it changed to "as of 8/1 your order is scheduled to be built week of 7/31" - they took away the "locked in" part.

Now it's 8/2, and I still get the same message - no "bucked".

Don't worry about not hearing 'locked in' or 'bucked'...my order went from 'locked in' back to 'scheduled for build' to 'shipped via convoy carrier'
A 'Build Week' starts on Monday and ends on Saturday so your car will be built sometime during that period.

I notice that some of you ordered around the end of June and are getting scheduled for build/delivery already...you should feel fortunate that you didn't order an 05 back in May/June 04 up until early 05 as many of those people waited over 6 MONTHS for their cars to arrive...now we're looking at 6 WEEKS (more or less) from order to delivery.
----------
I know what you guys are going through as I went through it way back in 2004 starting in October when I placed the order until the end of December when I drove it home. I think the hardest part of the wait started with the build week and ended when the car arrived.
Old 8/3/06, 08:46 PM
GT Member

The wait has been longer than July 3rd for me. My 'first' Mustang was order on December 17th 2006. On January 12th I was in a really bad car accident and was unable to drive for 4 months. I finally convinced my wife to let me try again and ordered the car on July 3rd. On a brighter note they added a butt load of options this year that I wouldn't have gotten with the old car. Of course those options cost me around 2k more!

Here is the old thread: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=41617

And pics of my XRays (front page) and what used to be my 'Truck' (Jan archive) are here:
http://swallac2.blogspot.com/
Old 8/5/06, 06:47 AM
GT Member

ERL says released from factory!!!! And it changed my estimated arrival time to 8/11 from 8/15!!!