2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It official...my dealer screwed me over.

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/04, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Friday I called my dealer trying desperatly to get an order status from my order that I placed back in June and he tells me not only is there no order status but they will not except my x-plan either (something I have in writing from the order) until the spring when sales cool down. I spoke with the manager and he says they will honor the x-plan but the salesman is mad at me for calling so much (basically I called him once a week if that to see my order status when I saw everyone on this site had a build date but me) and the manager says he actually will honor the x-plan and my car is ordered, however its not his fault but the car has no order status and will not be in until the winter at the earliest. I think they are both lying and they dont want to sell me the car at x-plan so they took my order and are keeping it for themselves. Moral of the story NEVER do business with Monroe Ford in NY!!! They even held my $1000 deposit for 4 months lying all the way that the car was coming soon! My only question is what would you all do? I know they are lying b/c my if my order is in with Ford it should have an order status. I seem to be getting no where b/c they lie through their teeth so should I keep fighting or stink it up, take my money somewhere else and go back to the end of the line for orders? I am just so mad b/c I laid out the money in June to get mine in the first production. Not a good experience for my first Mustang bought from a dealership thats for sure. :notnice:
Old 9/28/04, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

I'd retrieve the $1000 deposit ASAP and go to another dealer. This is a bogus situation and I wouldn't do business with them. There are plenty of reputable dealers out there who will be glad to have your business. I know you've been waiting a long time, but now that Mustangs are being built I expect the order process will move faster. I ordered on 9/18 and received a VIN number and a "submitted to plant" status within 1 week, so you may not have to wait as long as you think.
Old 9/28/04, 10:00 AM
I'm people, and I like.

GOSH DARN IT!!!!!

what is up with these tools?!?

i would say to call up someone at ford, but i dont know if that would do any good.

i dont know too much about this stuff, but i know i am p'od

someone please give Frank some advice!
Old 9/28/04, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am going to try and use my x-plan connection to get some retribution but I really don't know if it will help. It just kills me that I know they are lying and it also shows me how valuable this forum is. If it wasn't for this I wouldn't know that I should be getting an order status and I would have nothing to compare it to. But now I know they are lying and it kills me to think they took my $1000 in good faith and lied to me for so long and they actually have the guts to be mad at ME for calling and asking my order satus!!
Old 9/28/04, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Get in touch with Ford's regional sales representative, these guys have alot of stroke with the dealers, the dealerships have to play nice with them. And the regional reps don't like to hear stories of customers being treated badly.

I'm not quite sure how to locate the one in your area. Try asking another dealership.
Old 9/28/04, 10:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Just my humble opinion. . .

I would not waste a minute of my lifer planning any retribution. Based on what you've told us, the dealership does not appear to want to work even-handedly with you. They do not care. If you get some retribution -well, they still will not care. :stubborn:

I would take my business elsewhere. I think any salesperson would be grateful for a potential customer they don't have to track down for a commitment and close. One phone call a week isn't too overwhelming, in my personal opinion.

Salespeople? Care to weigh in on this, based on the available info?
Old 9/28/04, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

theres only ONE solution to this problem.......................

Old 9/28/04, 10:22 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 05MustangSB@September 28, 2004, 11:20 AM

Make sure you do that AFTER you get your deposit back

that sounds like retribution enough
Old 9/28/04, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Frank, I would take Todds advice, and also look for another dealer!
Old 9/28/04, 10:33 AM
Queen Of Nascar

It sounds to me like they never really did order your car. I have had all my local dealerships call me back now since pricing was released, ready to order me a car now. Did you get paperwork after ordering? Of course, it does'nt seem like they would have taken a deposit if they did not order. I drove an hour away to a dealer that would really order my car and if worrying them once a week is a problem I'm in for a big one. There have been some weeks I've called 3 times.

Man, I sure will be glad when my car comes in and the paperwork is all finalized. These horror stories are scaring me!

Good Luck to you. I hope this works out to your benefit.
Old 9/28/04, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'll just tell you... do your homework there are dealers out there that are waiting for 05's and they don't have holds on them...
That's how I found mine...at x-plan too....
I was on the phone and internet for hours though...
Old 9/28/04, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

I did recieve paper work when I ordered the car but all it was was one carbon copy of the written order with a reciept for the $1k (which he wrote right on it "deal is x-plan") and I also got a computer printout which basically just looks like a print screen of the order which showed my order date and the options I picked. Thats all I got. I am thinking that they did order the car but once they saw what they could make on it they are gunna keep the car for themselves and sell it over sticker then when sales calms down they will probably order my car and say it was from the original order.
Old 9/28/04, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I think they definately need kicked in the ding-ding. I wish you lived near ga. The guy me and my family now use is great. Heck he offered to sell me the new mustang at his price which is the same thing as a plan pricing which is a little bit lower than x plan pricing. I can guarantee you that if you wait about 2 months you can go into any dealership you want to that has one and get what you want. Maybe its just in the south but the guy I normally deal with told me that sales are really slow right now on cars and that they only had 2 people order a mustang. This is one of the larger mustang dealers around ga also.
Old 9/28/04, 02:33 PM
V6 Member

Something like that happened to me in 1983 at Mahwah Ford here in New Jersey. I was the first to oder the new convertible, ordered it in september of 82. Being the first i was supposed to get the gold keys ford was giving one set to each dealer, for the first vert odered. I kept asking my dealer when my car was going to be in. By march of 1983 I was told by my dealer my car was still on oder. I called Ford in Detriot to see what the story was. Found out my car was in in december and the dealer sold it out from under me and reodered me another. I gave that dealer a 5000 dollar deposit they wanted in september even. And I never got any gold keys either.

Ford told me they had no control over what the dealer does.

So I think with the 05 Mustang. Sme dealers will screw you if they can make more money selling your car out from under you. Sounds funny that you have not got a vin number yet. I would make a call to Michigan to check up on your oder. The dealer sounds like they are not telling you everything! GOOD LUCK
Old 9/28/04, 02:48 PM
V6 Member

Hey anyway a Ford dealer you can trust 100% is that Ford dealer in New City, New York. Its just off the Thruway on route 304 north, just before the Tappan Zee Bridge. I heard only great things about their reputation, and they are not far from Monroe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 9/28/04, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

frank once you do get your car from another dealer, be sure to pop by this shady dealership any time you're bored and do the following.

1) pull into the dealership and spit and chug (use gas/brake/clutch combo to similate major tranny/eng. problem) up next to a sale going on.
2) get out of your car and ask the salesman " you don't have time to fix the problem with this car you sold me, but you have time to pawn of these refurbished airbags on other nice people!"
3) follow up with " I have spoken with FORD headquarters and they are sending me to "DEALER B" to have the problem fixed. You people are unbelievable!!!! You should be ashamed!!!"
4) Get back in your car and spit/chug your way out of the dealership.

You wont see the result of your actions but rest assured, the effect is stunning.
:clown: :stubborn: B) :clown: :dance:
Old 9/28/04, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Frank,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Calling Ford may or may not do anything for you. But even if they do decide to eventually sell you a car at x-plan, why would you even consider rewarding them with your business? Find a better dealer.

If you don't have any luck locally call me at 585.924.9525. You'll be a few down the list, but we'll treat you honestly and fairly.

Paul
Old 9/28/04, 08:05 PM
Banned

Some dealerships are just a joke. My local dealership that I first started dealing with stopped returning my calls and emails just out of the blue. I went to another dealership and they are going to get both my stang and a Five Hundred purchased by my mother.
Old 9/28/04, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@September 28, 2004, 10:03 AM

GOSH DARN IT!!!!!

what is up with these tools?!?

i would say to call up someone at ford, but i dont know if that would do any good.

i dont know too much about this stuff, but i know i am p'od

someone please give Frank some advice!
Oh yeah it will Call em up.Ford will be callin that dealer within 2 days !!! Stick with it!!
Old 9/28/04, 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 05MustangSB@September 28, 2004, 11:20 AM

:angry:

I second that

Quick Reply: It official...my dealer screwed me over.