2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

End of Year Whipple Specials!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/07, 11:32 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, now stop it !!! I'm buying one of you CAI/SCT kits, isn't that enough ?
Old 11/12/07, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tboned
Okay, now stop it !!! I'm buying one of you CAI/SCT kits, isn't that enough ?
No, but the Whipple and I'll make you a custom intake for that instead.
Old 11/12/07, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How are these for automatics? Can the tranny handle it?
Old 11/12/07, 12:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
There are a few guys on here running the whipple with an auto...PM Torrence if you get a chance, he will answer any questions you may have as he is running that set up with no issues.
Old 11/12/07, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Shouldn't be a problem. The 5r55 is a great tranny. Mine is auto and will be getting the Whipple.

Ken
Old 11/12/07, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

What are we lloking at install time and charges? Im out in SOCAL so bringing it to you would be tough.
Old 11/12/07, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
What are we lloking at install time and charges? Im out in SOCAL so bringing it to you would be tough.
The kit I am looking at from Modular Depot is the 500 HP+ HO kit with Black Wrinkle Finish.
Installed and Dyno Tuned $6799 plus tax. That is pretty F'n sweet!!! I just need to convince myself to do it. MD is an awesome shop!!
Old 11/12/07, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I would say most shops would charge 12-15 hours for the HO install. Our package deal with the install saves you over a $1000. Obviously not worth the trip for you, but that just shows how good of a deal this is.
Old 11/13/07, 05:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by holeshot
The kit I am looking at from Modular Depot is the 500 HP+ HO kit with Black Wrinkle Finish.
Installed and Dyno Tuned $6799 plus tax. That is pretty F'n sweet!!! I just need to convince myself to do it. MD is an awesome shop!!
You still on the fence? When i fly past ya with the turbo you will not be a happy camper

C'mon, give me a little competition
Old 11/23/07, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

Bump
Old 11/24/07, 08:00 PM
V6 Member

Free bump for a great deal and a great shop! If I hadn't just blew the savings on building an additon to the house for the future mustang driver my wife is carrying, One of these would be on its way to me!
Old 11/26/07, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Bump again...

What a price. Urrrghhh... still trying to raise the $$$... Property taxes due 12-10 not helping...

GAWWWWD I want that HO+!!!
Old 11/30/07, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by silver-s197
Wow, im sorry, I still wouldnt pay darn near $6100 for a polished Whipple HO kit....I paid $5795 for mine, shipped !

Hmmm, 1 post. I'm guessing from a competitor or someone trying to start something. Was it out of the back of a truck? Was it from a reputable company that can help you with your car? Or was it an ebay basement operation? Some people buy soley on price, that's not the customer I want buying from me. I want someone who values our experience and techicnal advice that we can offer. And someone who buys from us because they know we will be there in a year when they need more help.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12/1/07, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

They are an FRPP dealer, and sell the Whipple for 10% over cost shipped. As far as not wanting customers who buy solely on price? You basically have said that in fact you will turn customers away...definately something I would admit as a business owner .
Actually, yes I do turn customers away if they ask me to match pricing like that.
All I want as a consumer is what I was promised in the sale....meaning, the part I want for the price I was told, when I was told I would have it...thats it, and I can assure you im not the only one who feels that way. That alone is hard enough to find in this day and age.
Well, it's too bad you are so jaded that you have to accept that as 'good' service. We offer much more than that. We offer years of experience in performance work and tuning. We do this type of work everyday, we are not just a parts retailer. Probably 25% of my calls each day are from people who bought on price from someone else and can get any tech support on the product from the person who they bought it from.

My customers put a value on buying from a company who is deeply rooted in the performance industry and who is constantly pushing the limits of these cars to bring new products and knowledge to the market. If you don't value that, then that is fine. I don't think that price it 10% over either but I don't have my pricing handy. I believe it's much cheaper than that. My customers are customers forever because once they buy from us they know they are part of TeamMD and can call anytime and chat about projects they have coming up and how best to tackle it.

The best and most used quote I hear is

"****, I wish I started buying my parts from you guys sooner. I wouldn't have wasted so much time and money trying to figure out the right combo and way to do it."

So that is why I get a little ****ed when someone comes into MY thread advertising a product I'm selling that I pay to post on this board. If you don't have any questions about buying product from me, please stay out of my threads.
Old 12/1/07, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Bottom line is Ken, there are plenty, plenty of consumers who are looking for the best price on the product they want, and will base that and that only on where they purchase it. In my case and theirs your "service" is not something I feel I need to pay extra for. The Whipple install was a no brainer. The instructions were extremely clear with only mild hiccups, and the tune from FRPP was spot on. So what exactly would you have been able to give me that would have been worth the extra $300 ??? There was no majic combo that I needed to make the blower work like it should, I didnt need to be upsold injectors, tune, or any other rediculous "add on". And just about anyone that has garage space and is even only somewhat mechanically inclined could do the Whipple install, I know because thats me.
And Ken, Im not advertising anything, just sharing information about a product I purchased that YOU posted about. But dont worry, I will stay out of ALL of your future threads, as well as your store. Your reaction to my post was anything but professional, instead of jumping on the defensive and attacking the validity of what I said, a business owner that "truly cares" about his consumers would have still offered his "services" to me. Basically saying..."Well sorry we werent able to help you with that purchase, but still feel free to call anytime for advice or tech support, or any purchase you might need to make in the future" It says just because you didnt spend your money with us on that occasion, we are still here for you. See the difference Ken???
Mark, the way I took Ken's point was simply this: If you buy a Whipple $300 dollars cheaper from a Ford dealer in Minnesota, eBay, back of a truck, or some guy who is selling them at cost just so he can become a Whipple dealer.....so be it. I can guarantee you that I, along with many others, would not feel comfortable calling any of those places for advice on the install or any issues I may have after. All they are doing is selling them. MD does this stuff day in and day out...and they know what they are doing and they care about the customers. There are some guys who arent as mechanically inclined or just simply want to have a professional do their work so they know its done right. If I had the tools and a garage to do the install, I would...except I would buy from Ken in a heartbeat over any other place. Why?...because I know his service and he would help me out regardless. To me, that is well worth the extra $300 you are talking about.
Old 12/1/07, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Bottom line is Ken, there are plenty, plenty of consumers who are looking for the best price on the product they want, and will base that and that only on where they purchase it. In my case and theirs your "service" is not something I feel I need to pay extra for. The Whipple install was a no brainer. The instructions were extremely clear with only mild hiccups, and the tune from FRPP was spot on. So what exactly would you have been able to give me that would have been worth the extra $300 ??? There was no majic combo that I needed to make the blower work like it should, I didnt need to be upsold injectors, tune, or any other rediculous "add on". And just about anyone that has garage space and is even only somewhat mechanically inclined could do the Whipple install, I know because thats me.
And Ken, Im not advertising anything, just sharing information about a product I purchased that YOU posted about. But dont worry, I will stay out of ALL of your future threads, as well as your store. Your reaction to my post was anything but professional, instead of jumping on the defensive and attacking the validity of what I said, a business owner that "truly cares" about his consumers would have still offered his "services" to me. Basically saying..."Well sorry we werent able to help you with that purchase, but still feel free to call anytime for advice or tech support, or any purchase you might need to make in the future" It says just because you didnt spend your money with us on that occasion, we are still here for you. See the difference Ken???

Well, while the FRPP tune is a good one, it's certainly not optimal by any means. They do many things that cause lack of performance. Did you know that your throttle angle is limited based on RPM? So if you have the pedal all the way down at lower RPMs the throttle body is not actually all the way open costing you alot of power.

So there, I gave you some free tech. Our Whipple kits include a free tune from us if the customer wants it.

One of our customers just received a kit that was shipped out wrong by Ford Racing. We paid to have the correct parts shipped to him and will also pay for the return shipping on the wrong parts back to us. We lost a chunk of money on that deal and it wasn't our fault. Again, one of the benefits of buying from us.

Also, I didn't just post about a Whipple kit. I posted an advertisement for my company selling the kits. So your post was absolutely uncalled for and unwanted. It doesn't belong in this thread at all.

I'm a straight shooter, it may not mesh with some people (you obviously) but I can sleep every night knowing that I go way beyond for my customers.

I'd rather have 1,000 customers who are loyal and realize the benefit of dealing with us than 5,000 who only buy based on price. In the long run, people who buy most of their parts from us wind up spending much less than if they bought each part from the lowest priced place. The more you buy from MD the more you save, whether it's on labor, dynotuning or parts. It's nothing official, but maybe I need to make it that way.

Who's up for a MD customer rewards program?
Old 12/1/07, 05:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Do you know if this Whipple is California street and smog legal for a 2007?
Old 12/1/07, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Do you know if this Whipple is California street and smog legal for a 2007?
They list an E.O. #D-231-24 on their site so that means yes, correct?
Old 12/1/07, 11:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by KenB

Who's up for a MD customer rewards program?
ooh...pick me !!!

Ken, these deals are killing me. I am looking seriously to buy but have to wait until the end of Jan before I can pull the trigger. Until then.... argh.

Anyway, I do have a couple questions about customer service. I want to install this myself and I am pretty confident that I can do it. The one thing I am absolutely dreading is starting it up and pulling a code or having a problem right away. I'll get it dyno tuned to be sure everything is OK but might have to live with the tune that comes with it for a week or so. The question is.... if I buy this from you is there a 'tech line' or something I can call during the day if the fit hits the shan ?

Also is there a serious need to have gauges right away ? or is that something can be done later (not much later but later) ?

Thanks for your time. Oh yeah, you can PM me to answer to keep the thread from going off-topic.
Brian
Old 12/2/07, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by habu
ooh...pick me !!!

Ken, these deals are killing me. I am looking seriously to buy but have to wait until the end of Jan before I can pull the trigger. Until then.... argh.

Anyway, I do have a couple questions about customer service. I want to install this myself and I am pretty confident that I can do it. The one thing I am absolutely dreading is starting it up and pulling a code or having a problem right away. I'll get it dyno tuned to be sure everything is OK but might have to live with the tune that comes with it for a week or so. The question is.... if I buy this from you is there a 'tech line' or something I can call during the day if the fit hits the shan ?

Also is there a serious need to have gauges right away ? or is that something can be done later (not much later but later) ?

Thanks for your time. Oh yeah, you can PM me to answer to keep the thread from going off-topic.
Brian
I'll post it right here since other people may have similar questions.

Our phone number is 1.877.234.5551

One note. We get a TON of tech calls from people that are not customers. While I would like to help everyone, if I took every tech call we would be out of business. So the girls answering the phones somewhat filter the calls. Just be clear that you are a customer and a TMS member and they will get me on the phone. I hate that it has to be that way, but it's the reality of it.

For the gauges, I always recommend them but I don't think I would say required right away. Oil pressure and fuel pressure are 2 that I would definitely do followed by boost. Unfortunately I'm a Geek about all this and there are more things I would like to monitor in my own car. But I'm also not a huge fan of having a ton of gauges. In this case I really like some sort of heads up display that you can scroll through for all of the OBDII parameters. The MSD Dashawk is pretty good for this. But I'm waiting on the new Diablosport Trinity. I think this device is going to be THE device to have long term. But of course it will be a bit pricey.

Ken

Quick Reply: End of Year Whipple Specials!!!!!