2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

emblem question

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/07, 06:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just purchased tri bar ponys to replace GT emblems.
Old 3/13/07, 05:09 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there is a song called "The Great Pretender", by The Platters.

Oh yes, I'm the Great Pretender, pretending that I'm doing well. My need is such, I pretend too much. I'm lonely, but no one can tell...
Old 3/13/07, 07:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My experience on this topic...........After my shelby front end conversion I decided NOT to put any shelby badging on it in any way shape or form. I never intended or wanted shelby badging on my car. I thought This would be acceptable in the Mustang world and for the most part my car has been accepted, however..............when I have have gone to a few shows, the hard core guys just don't seem too thrilled about the conversion. I'd hate to hear the comments I would have gotten if I would have had the cobra emblems on it. Like everyone else has said, do what you want, just be ready for comments, good, bad, and otherwise.
Old 3/13/07, 09:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
My experience on this topic...........After my shelby front end conversion I decided NOT to put any shelby badging on it in any way shape or form. I never intended or wanted shelby badging on my car. I thought This would be acceptable in the Mustang world and for the most part my car has been accepted, however..............when I have have gone to a few shows, the hard core guys just don't seem too thrilled about the conversion. I'd hate to hear the comments I would have gotten if I would have had the cobra emblems on it. Like everyone else has said, do what you want, just be ready for comments, good, bad, and otherwise.
The hard core guys are like the lint that forms in your belly button, it eventually gets washed out.......
It's not like he's trying to sell it as a Shelby or something, he's just having fun with his Mustang and that my friends is what its all about!!!

The Mustang was meant to be modded, IMO, if not they would not let any of the other parts to be sold. Can you imagine the impact if we all just bought our Mustangs and left them alone! The car shows would be like dealer lots!!!...
Old 3/13/07, 10:25 AM
Cobra R Member

I have a v6 trunk emblem on mine, the onethat says ford gt just doesn't look as good
Old 3/13/07, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

It just goes to show you that everyone has an opinion and they're all different, good and bad. So the bottom line is do what you want. It's irrelevant what others think. There is no "right" way, only YOUR way. As long as companies sell stuff like this:

http://www.wmsracing.com/pgi-ProductSpec?WMS-GT500NOS

guys like us will be modding to make our cars OURS!!!

Willie
Old 3/14/07, 08:28 PM
GT Member

To each his own. That's the beauty of the Mustang. You can customize it just the way you like it without breaking the bank. Just don't go overboard.
I'm planning a GT500 conversion myself from my 05GT.