2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Does the Mustang need competition

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/06, 01:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stangster @ April 14, 2006, 2:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I voted amused simply because I'm old enough to remember the first round of the "pony wars" in the late 60's and into the early 70's. So . . . here we go again!
[/b][/quote]
Deja Vu alright. Let's hope the Mustang prevails again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangGuy @ April 14, 2006, 7:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ditto, Bloated and overrought. As with the Challenger, no subtle cues from the past, but blantant copies. The stylists tried too hard and missed. again! The Mustang has an elegance about it that the others lack.
The competition will keep the best and original (Mustang) alive and well for years to come.
[/b][/quote]

Another attempt bites the dust. The Mustang is and always will be the best pony car ever
Old 4/14/06, 09:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted "Don't Care" as there is no Camaro now and I have
My Mustang on the Road. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

There is a slug of Time (Years) before GM has this car in the Show Room
and there are many twists in the Road to Production. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]
Example:
Gas in Canada today is $3.32 American/ American Gallon, Get ready for it Guys. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

The competition would be good for us as Consumers, but I think
all this talk from GM about making a Camaro might be just Talk
To hide their Embarrassment at getting left at the Post again.
64/65 Mustang [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

My $0.02

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canada.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 4/15/06, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mudshuvel319 @ April 14, 2006, 10:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wasn’t saying that people won't cross over and buy the better car and there's nothing wrong with that. There are just a lot of people, GM and Ford fans especially, who will exclusively buy only one brand, no matter how how much better the competitor's model may be.
There were mustangs (mid 90s especially) that were considerably slower then their GM couterparts from the factory. And there were mustangs (late 80s especially) that overwhelmed the camaros and firebirds of the day. So while there's nothing wrong with picking the best product there are a lot people who will support their favorite car regardless, and I think there are a lot of ford guys who won't fork over the extra money to slide into a camaro in a few years. to each his (or her) own.
[/b][/quote]

I agree.
Old 4/16/06, 10:25 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

personally I am Glad to see the competition back in the game. I love my stang but I still think its too bad Ford didnt up the HP in the Mustang GT.. it Should have come with a S/C option
Old 4/17/06, 01:11 AM
Cobra R Member

I'm actually waiting for the new Camaro before I purchase a new Mustang GT. If the production Camaro looks anything like the prototype, I'm buying one. According to GM the production car will look almost identical to the prototype which is usually not the case. If they keep their word, I will be buying one as soon as they come out. Their prototype just looks too awesome, way more aggressive than the Mustang.
Old 4/17/06, 03:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

as long as people start buying AMERICAN again i dont care which one they buy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/17/06, 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I just don't see how GM can build that car. It just doesn't look anything like something they can actually build. Too far out. I'm sure that they will do something, but I'll bet it isn't even as close to that concept then the Mustang is to the 2003 concept. I have more faith in Chrysler's ability to build the Challenger.