2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Does the '05 make you 'feel' something?

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/04, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get deja vu everytime I approach this car. This might sound strange but looking at the windshield shape (Short and Wide) walking up to the car from the front reminds me of my '70 Mach.

It is truly incredible what they have done with this car. People go nuts over it!
I just hope they do not de-content and raise the price too much....
Old 11/21/04, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add me to the list of baby boomers who have fallen in love all over again with a car. My very first car was a '67 red Mustang (purchased in 1972 for $1300). I drove the wheels off of that car and, like some of you have said, it was more a member of the family than a car. But when I got out of college and got a real job and had to dress (and smell) nicer, I noticed that my Mustang had no air conditioning and those black vinyl seats were HOT on a sunny day. Ah, the ignorance of youth ... I traded it in for a brand new Camaro (boy, was I dumb).
Anyway ... being around the 05 has made me see how much I've missed that first car. I'll probably have to wait a year to get it (last daughter's final year in college) but I think I can hang on until then. I'll just keep hanging around you guys and enjoy your new cars with you until I can get mine.
Old 11/21/04, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I first saw pictures of the concept Mustang as I was picking up my Tbird. I told the owner of the dealership "as soon as that car comes out I want to be the first to order it and I'll be trading in the Tbird". Well sure enough 18 months later I showed up to order. I wasn't the first but I was in the first 5. This car takes me back. I can remember being in high school in the early 70's and in study hall many days I would have the Edmunds book out spec'in out a 73 Mustang. Back in those days you would pick the rear end gears and many options. I think the one I wanted was around $3,500. I must of spec'd that car out a hundred times and figured sales tax and payments too! Funny thing is I never could affords to place that order. This car reminds me of Mustangs of yester year with modern updates. Almost like the original VW beetle that was built the same for over 40 years. Its as if this is the late 60's Mustang just enhanced to todays standards. I would never of bought the previous model "no offense meant" because it was a "young kids car". I bought this Mustang because I felt like a young kid in this car! Ford has a hit reaching the remembers and the first timers.
Old 11/21/04, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Giddyup@November 21, 2004, 12:13 AM
(I sure hope the red interior isn't too much)
The only car I have had with a red interior was the 65 Mustang. As one Boomer to another - If you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks!!!!
Old 11/21/04, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Ranger@November 21, 2004, 7:32 PM
As one Boomer to another - If you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks!!!!
Exactamundo! No matter how it is equipped, V6 or V8, spoiler or spoiler-less, and so on - if YOU like it, that is all that matters.

Some GREAT reading here! Let's keep it going about our favorite subject - the '05 Mustang.

:dance:
Old 11/21/04, 07:24 PM
V6 Member

I am on the other end of the spectrum. I am 17 and ordered my mustang in October and I was told I would get it sometime in Dec. Growing up I was always torn between a 69 mustang and a new one. I wanted the looks of the old ones and the reliability of the new ones and when I saw the 05's my prayers were answered. I literly get a chill when I hear an american muscle car reach 5K+rpms. I feel like I am one of few in my generation that are carrying on the muscle car tradition. My parking lot is full of 4 cylinder hondas and volkswagens that brag about reaching the 160hp mark. They all want a race against me too. If I had a drag strip that was local and affordable I would take them but they want to street race and I do not participate in such activities.
So What do I feel? I feel a sense of pride in my country,and my father(ford motor co. employee). I just hope that I have as many good memories as the previous generation has. I also wish that in 40 years the 2045 mustangs will be as passion producing as previous generations. Am I alone among America's youth in this? I would like to hear from some other people my age. I replyed mainly to let the older generation know that everyone my age is not into the import craze that plagues America's youth. By the way the trade deficit is up to about $54 billion a year so BUY AMERICAN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/21/04, 07:42 PM
Cobra Member

Hey James,
I'm part of Gen Y or whatever we're called, too... (21 )
And if Ford hires me, I'll make sure the '45 Mustang is as hot as this one

[Mr. Mays, I can start next week...]
Old 11/21/04, 07:46 PM

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/American_Dreams/ford.shtml

this video tells it all
Old 11/21/04, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

How did you find that video. Its great. Just makes you wonder how many other things on the Mustang are out there. This one brings a tear to your eyes.
Old 11/21/04, 10:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

That video is amazing, isn't it? I've watched it three times and not only is it amazing for the content but man, that '69 with the Cobra Jet - !

And then, the Torch Red '05 just makes me droooooooooooooooooooooool.

Great stuff indeed... very touching how they made the father/son bond seem so very real.
Old 11/21/04, 10:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you could ask anybody around me how I feel about this car they would tell you the same thing, "He's in love with that car and he won't shut up about it!"

I can't buy one any time soon but this is the car I always dreamed about. It's my perfect car and I will have one in a couple years.
Old 11/21/04, 10:38 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Steve@November 21, 2004, 6:06 PM
I thought it was cute when the other day I was discussing the purchase of an '05 Mustang with my wife. She asked me with honesty, "Why would you want a Mustang? There are a lot of good cars out there, aren't there?"

Our daughter, who was sitting nearby, answered for me.

"Why wouldn't he want one of the new Mustangs? They're the coolest cars on the road!"

There you go - endorsement by a 15 year old! Even the PRE-drivers love 'em!
yeah, my mom could tell u a few stories about a certain 'pre-driver' and his persistent questfor a mustang lol.

i have a feeling that alot of us younger drivers will be saying the same things, telling the same stories in another 40 years, about how the '45 stang reminds us of the old '05s we had way back when. i cant wait.

BTW my mom has the same views on a mustang as your wife apparently does.

PS: can i meet your daughter? she sounds very nice
Old 11/21/04, 11:05 PM
FR500 Member

I think the comment "I volunteer for all the errands and always take the long way" sums things up for a lot of us.
Old 11/22/04, 12:21 AM

The first time I saw what the new Mustangs were going to look like earlier this year, it sent a flood of memories rushing back. In 1978 I bought a 1968 Fastback, presidential blue, 302-4v, four speed, console, black vinyl interior for a mere $900. It had the small hubcaps and the body colored steel rims and seriously skinny tires. I scraped together enough money to put Crager S/S rims and white letter 70s on the front. I never did get around to completing the set. I had the rusted out rear quarter panels fixed and rear half repainted before I sold it to my little brother. I remember that every time I forgot to close the rear vents before burning rubber, the interior filled up with thick blue smoke. That might be why I kept cheap rubber in back. That and I was buying a quarter's worth of gas at a time back then.

I really seem to have a need for a new 05 GT, but just can't decide on the color. For a while I thought the sonic blue might be the closest I could get to the almost black blue that I remember, but then I saw a Windveil GT and almost bit at a 2k premium. Now I seem to be going for the depth of the redfire finish. I'm hoping it won't attract the Highway Patrol as much as the torch red. If it's still there, I'm going to drive 60 miles to look at one with bullit wheels and the red interior this week. It has an automatic tranny and I'm still struggling with that one. But I am 44 years old and need to use my cell phone every once in a while, and will be replacing my 02 sebring convertible parade car. So maybe I'll save more rubber with the auto too. Everything tells me that wanting and buying this car is a very irrational decision, but you're only young twice. B)

Lane Beougher
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Old 11/22/04, 12:34 AM
FR500 Member

Welcome! I had a real problem picking the color also. seems to be a common problem!
Old 11/22/04, 05:56 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I echo most of your sentiments. I grew up a Mustang person. In 1981ish I was 16 and my dad would have bought me any car I wanted, and I wanted a 1965 or 66 Mustang. I got a 66 and was never disappointed. Through out the years I have never owned anything but Mustangs. The new body style takes me back to days of youth.
Old 11/22/04, 04:08 PM
V6 Member

This car just makes me feel special when I drive it! It sounds good, it looks good, it drives good. It is the most impractical car for me, for where I live (Northern Michigan with L-O-T-S of snow) but I am so thankful that my husband let me buy this car. When I first saw a picture of the car, on this website, I was hooked immediately! I looked at those pictures almost daily, as more and more information came in. It was on this website that I found the order form and printed it out for my dealer who had no info yet... When I look in my garage at the car, I almost don't want to drive it out-- it looks so good, and shiny, and new! I had not seen one in person, but when I got my first glimpse of MY car, at the dealers when in came in, it looked absolutely perfect! More than I hoped for. I thought (and so did my husband) that when the car was delivered, I'd calm down about the car. But, it hasn't happened yet! I wonder why this car does this to people? Sorry to go on and on, but who else will let you say so many things about your new car? I, too, am not pulling the sticker out of the window. What a car!
Old 11/23/04, 02:00 AM
Bullitt Member

B) This car bring back alot of memories and feelings I thought were long forgotten. Year 1966 got my lic. Dad let me use his new 66-289 coupe,boy did I abuse that car. Year 1969, Dad says he needs new car cause I abuse his car. So what does he do? Gets red 69-351w fastback. God bless my dad! He gave me that car and I kept it till 1985. Boy did I abuse that one too! Well year 2005 get yet another chance, but no abuse this time. Thanks dad wish you were here to see this 05 mustang, I know you would buy it. Anyway it is more than a car for me it's a part of my past, present and future! Happy Trails!!
Old 11/23/04, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05+November 21, 2004, 6:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FrankBullitt05 @ November 21, 2004, 6:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-os121@November 21, 2004, 6:42 PM
You know that little sticker on the back window ? I can't bring myself to remove it. It says:
"Built With Pride, UAW / Ford, Quality is Job#1".

Right On !
Same here! [/b][/quote]
Would not DREAM of removing that sticker. I have the best job in the world, telling the stories of our men and women in uniform who serve our country selflessly. MY CAR is one of those things they are out there for. Keep up the good work, all you folks at AAI!
Old 11/23/04, 10:53 AM
GT Member

I've always loved the front end of the Mustangs - especially the 65-70 years. It has had a special hold on me since I was a little kid. My first car was a 68, and I used to sit and draw the front of it all the time in school. Now, with the 05, the beautiful, wide-mouth grill has returned, and I'm ecstatic! I thought this look was gone forever due to aero requirement! Thank goodness it isn't! Long live the Mustang!!

Quick Reply: Does the '05 make you 'feel' something?