Search this Thread

Old 1/18/06, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THAT's halarious!
Old 1/18/06, 10:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I get rice revved a lot. Especially when they are passing from the other direction. I think they push in the clutch when they do it.

I have been challenged a few times. I just give them a "Pleazzze look" and accelerate normally. I've got nothing to prove to an idiot paying $4000 a year for insurance because of racing (like my son).

Face it, just to be invited to the dance means, "It's Bad". Blowing them off is a much better way to let them know that you're not worried about the outcome, their car, or their ego.
Old 1/18/06, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

leaving work, there is this huge dodge hemi jack-o-lantern truck completed with nostril hood and ricer wing----i seem to always have the edge going through traffic (and i am not weaving in and out by no means)--this guy tries his hardest to catch up to me as if he wants to go. unfortunately, he never quite gets the chance (although he drives like a mad man from lane to lane), must be quite frustrating for him, lugging that 8000 lb machine around, at any rate, a few weeks ago i made it to a sizeable pocket of no traffic, and allowed him to catch up--he pulled alongside and i dropped it into 3rd and lunged a few times, well, he wanted no piece -----
Old 1/18/06, 10:20 AM
V6 Member

I am feeling kind of left out as well. I have had mine for about 2 months and no one has tried it. When I did the test drive when they first came out I had someeone try it in a 02-03 mustang but since owning the car nothing but complements from people when I get out of it or at the next stoplight.
Old 1/18/06, 10:36 AM
GT Member

Ha ha ha! Cracks me up! I get revved on a lot....usually coming up from behind me, then they see that I'm a chick driving the GT and sometimes quit...guess they THINK I wouldn't be a match for their hot ricer car or their dumpy camaro. Cracks me up!

I have had fly-bys from vettes (older and newer) and quite a few BMW's here in Orange County. Usually the other Mustang owners who rev next to me end up giving me the approving nod and we both zoom away.

Stopped on the way to work at a light with an old stingray type vette with stinky exhaust next to me. Soon as the light went green the guy gunned it to get ahead of me. I let him turn the left turn, watched the crappy looking smoke come out of his lousy sounding car, kicked it down a gear and blew him away sooo badly I saw him swerving madly in traffic behind to try to catch up. HA HA Vetty boy!

I do have a sticker on my back window that says "He!! Ya it's Fast dumb a $ $".
Old 1/18/06, 10:40 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For me it usually happens with the cars you wouldn't quite expect!

Not ricers or other Stangs.....

For some reason my ride loves to attract attention from Grand Prix's????

(although one time I mistook one behind me and it was really a GTO - no lie!! Couldn't tell....)

That has happned at least 4 times with GPs....

Dodge trucks seem intimidated by me alot.......

The kicker was a low slung BMW with black rims and some weird exhaust - I am at a red light, in the left hand lane of three going straight. To my left, two lanes turning left at the light. This guy in his sporty Beemer had obviously seen me - he was shadowing me in traffic - but it was rush hour and heavy.

So the turn lanes go with the signal arrow, I stay put as the light is still red..... he ends up in the turning lane next to me and as he passes by, he puts it in nuetral and REVS THE HOLY $@% out of it - had to be at least 4 grand and let that crappy exhaust bark.

I just laughed my tail off - wow - insecure MUCH???
Old 1/18/06, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

Funny, my first time driving it, leaving the dealership, some dodge pick-up was chasing me and revving. Was funny at first but I started to get worried because they were following and jumping beside me acting stupid. Didn't want to have some guy hit my car the first day out.

Then it was the 99-2002 camaro's and other f-bodys. Had a bunch of them acting really stupid in traffic trying to get me to race. I don't know why but they have settled down now.

Lately it's been full size trucks wanting a piece. I don't know what the heck they are thinking. Some chevrolet truck almost lost it on an off ramp because he wanted to blow around me, we were both exiting the same off ramp. He had been running up on me then letting off for about a mile, then swung out stomped it, cut me off and you could see him hit the brakes hard to make the bend in the off ramp, he got a bit squirly and it looked like he was going to lose it.

I'n not one of them "holier than thou, street racing kills" kinda guys, I just refuse to put myself, my car or anyone elses life in jeopardy.
Old 1/18/06, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

happens all the time with imports. i think it makes them feel good when they pull away fast and you just go normally. most of the time you still beat them driving normally.
Old 1/18/06, 02:06 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by clockworks@January 18, 2006, 10:26 AM
Ahh, the good ole ricer fly by...that has got to be the most annoying thing about racing ricers. It's so rude.

i laughed cuz we smoked em by like 10 bus lengths. then he came back to race us, their was a whole row of cars in front of em in his lane (4 lane highway in NYC before the GW bridge) and this idiot honks to race so my uncle wound it up in nuetral and dropped it (at 80mph mind u) and the tires broke loose hard and he heard the howl of the blower and he wouldnt go, but the sad thing is the idiot had a ton of cars in front of em
Old 1/18/06, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't have a '05 but the majority of people that rev at me are V8 pickups with exhaust or ricers. Most other cars in the know leave me alone for the most part.
Old 1/18/06, 03:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by CatmanJJ@January 18, 2006, 3:21 PM
I don't have a '05 but the majority of people that rev at me are V8 pickups with exhaust or ricers. Most other cars in the know leave me alone for the most part.
That's wise on their part It's amazing how many people don't realize how quick a Mach 1 is...
Old 1/18/06, 03:38 PM
V6 Member

I had a guy in a ford probe try to race me at a stop light. He even left a front wheel drive patch of rubber when he left the stop light. My wife was in the car and spit soda all over the dash from laughing too hard while drinking. Next stop light...same bozo, reving his car up to the limitter. Light goes green, bozo stalls car. What an idiot. I also had a bunch of stop light run ins with other small car models (jettas, grand prix, civics, kia, saturn sc, etc.), and of course...the dodge hemi trucks. I have an 06 GT 5 speed with a CAI/tune and pulleys. I don't think any of them had a chance at all. What does a ford probe run...0-60mph in like 8 seconds? Idiots.

Tilt
Old 1/18/06, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dswhalen@January 18, 2006, 12:10 PM

Face it, just to be invited to the dance means, "It's Bad". Blowing them off is a much better way to let them know that you're not worried about the outcome, their car, or their ego.

happens all the time - so much so, i don't notice anymore ....

funney - proceeding from a light and EVERYONE and EVERYTHING rices out !?!?! W3RD .....

yep.... the Chebby Trucks, Mercedes and Rice do it the most........ lol
Old 1/18/06, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been revved at more times than I can remember- its almost daily

Most of them are junk on wheels, but a red cobra did it to me the other day and sped off- it was cool
Old 1/18/06, 05:46 PM
GT Member

The werid thing about me is that I get revved up on MORE in my 94 V6 Mustang then I do now when i drive the 05. It's hard going somewhere where some bozo comes up to me lookin for a challenge.

I have had hardly any rev ups in my 05. However, I did in a 94-95ish GT, and I was proud of my lil V6 because I would pull on him every time we "punched" it. I'm starting to think everyone is scared of the awesome V6 power!
Old 1/19/06, 07:06 AM
GT Member

I get revved all the time and mostly by people going the other direction. I think it is a kind of replacement for the wave. Sometimes I Revv em back.
Old 1/19/06, 09:07 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by CatmanJJ@January 18, 2006, 3:21 PM
We seem to have a trend here....of course we all have to deal with the ricer-racers...but what is up with all these full sized V-8 or hemi pickups? I get that with my car too. Someone should fly stealth on a Chevy or Dodge pickup forum and see what the heck is up?! LOL!
Old 1/19/06, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had more than a couple cars rev at me in the six months I've had my car.

The weird thing I don't get is how this car seems to antagonize motorcycles (the low slung rice rocket type, I just get the occasional wave or thumbs up from the Harley boys)... I've had several get up next to me on the highway and start putting on a show, including popping wheelies on a crowded highway. Like I said, weird (not to mention pretty stupid)
Old 1/19/06, 10:29 AM

All the dern time!!!
Most of the 'tards around here like to come flying up beside me on the interstate in their big Chevy/Dodge trucks, then they will ride right beside me no matter if I speed up or slow down. One **** the other day kept taking his truck out of overdrive (I would assume, the little o/d off-on button) while we were doing about 70 in I-20, just so it would rev up. He did that for about 10 miles until I got off the exit.

It's usually trucks that try to be all fast and furious, no cars.
Old 1/19/06, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@January 18, 2006, 7:20 PM
I've been revved at more times than I can remember- its almost daily

Most of them are junk on wheels, but a red cobra did it to me the other day and sped off- it was cool
Almost sounds like the guy that was beside me the other day. It was a newer Cobra (red), and we ended up beside each other at a red light. He kept looking over at me, and as soon as the light turned green, he lit em up and took off!!