2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Do mustangs come with spoilers standard?

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/05, 03:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was talking with member Danny. And he told me that all mustangs come with a spoiler. And the only way that it doesnt, is if a spoiler delete is requested. No disrespect to him, but I want other opinions as well. Mine doesnt have a spoiler and I wish It did. I bought mine straight from the dealer, i didnt order it or nothing. But maybe I could get a spoiler out of ford if what danny says is true. Thanks.
Old 4/23/05, 03:48 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by JHL981@April 23, 2005, 3:42 AM
I was talking with member Danny. And he told me that all mustangs come with a spoiler. And the only way that it doesnt, is if a spoiler delete is requested. No disrespect to him, but I want other opinions as well. Mine doesnt have a spoiler and I wish It did. I bought mine straight from the dealer, i didnt order it or nothing. But maybe I could get a spoiler out of ford if what danny says is true. Thanks.
Spoilers are standard equipment on all 2005 Mustangs. Both V6 and GT. Spoiler delete by the dealer/buyer is the only way a 05 will not have one.
Old 4/23/05, 03:58 AM
Cobra Member

Actually the spoiler is standard on the GT. If you want a GT without the spoiler there is a no cost spoiler delete option.
The V6 comes with the spoiler only if the exterior appearance package is ordered. This package includes a stripe on the lower side panels that says Mustang. However the standard V6 does not come with a spoiler.
Old 4/23/05, 04:03 AM
Cobra Member

The above is true for the U.S. however I am not sure about Canada.
I know that spoiler delete is not an option for the GT there.
I do not know if the spoiler is standard on the V6 there.
It could be since the spoiler is made in Canada.
Old 4/23/05, 04:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Spoiler delete option is something you may want to consider if your thnkning aftermarket ducktail.
Old 4/23/05, 07:22 AM
GT Member

It's simple:
V6 - No spoiler standard (can be added with the Exterior Sport Package)
GT - Spoiler is standard (can be removed with the Spoiler Delete option)
Old 4/23/05, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

have anymore questions???

Matt
Old 4/23/05, 08:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Yes, Jon did have another question, although it was framed more as a statement than a question.

He seems to think that since the spoiler is standard (at least on the GT but he has a V6), and his Mustang bought off the lot had no spoiler, that Ford or the dealer owes him a spoiler.

Once deleted from the car on the assembly line, the only way to get a "factory" spoiler is to buy (as in pay for) one--either from the dealer or some other source. I think they run about $400 (if painted) from the dealer.

Someone suggested on here months ago that Ford should give it to us in a bag in the trunk of the car. While I agree wholeheartedly with that assessment, unfortunately Ford doesn't, therefore no spoiler in the trunk for future installation.

For Jon's V6, the spoiler was an additional cost item in any event, before or after purchase of the car.

You might find someone on TMS or ebay who has one in your color for sale; if so you can pick it up for less than $400..
Old 4/23/05, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Matt, i've always got questions, and we have so many knowledgeable people. This place has helped me out a ton on my car, and I owe it to you guys.

Mau, thanks for your help. That definetly cleared things up. Cause I was going to walk into ford and ask, but now im glad I didnt. I definetly dont have the exterior upgrade package. I seen the spoilers on e-bay, but im afraid to drill into my truck. Some on e-bay go for $150 or so painted.
Old 4/23/05, 09:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And if you live in Canada, the GT comes with a spoiler and there is no delete option. go figure.
Old 4/23/05, 10:42 AM
Cobra R Member

If you find a spoiler (or buy one new), have the body shop put it on for you.......that way if they bugger it up at all, it's not on your shoulders.
Old 4/23/05, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

I may be wrong but I could swear that when I was ordering mine the spoiler delete actually had a deduction of the price of $150. I ordered mine with the spoiler. But I do recall seeing the savings. As far as him getting a free one he is SOL.
Old 4/23/05, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

From what I can tell from the Ford Canada site, as was stated before, there is NO delete option for the GT. If you get a GT, i WILL have a spoiler. However, on the V6, it appears there is no exterior sport appearance package. The base V6 in Canada does NOT come with a spoiler, and based on the website, it appears there is no option with which to add one to a V6.
Old 4/23/05, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by maucoin65@April 23, 2005, 8:25 AM
Yes, Jon did have another question, although it was framed more as a statement than a question.

He seems to think that since the spoiler is standard (at least on the GT but he has a V6), and his Mustang bought off the lot had no spoiler, that Ford or the dealer owes him a spoiler.

Once deleted from the car on the assembly line, the only way to get a "factory" spoiler is to buy (as in pay for) one--either from the dealer or some other source. I think they run about $400 (if painted) from the dealer.

Someone suggested on here months ago that Ford should give it to us in a bag in the trunk of the car. While I agree wholeheartedly with that assessment, unfortunately Ford doesn't, therefore no spoiler in the trunk for future installation.

For Jon's V6, the spoiler was an additional cost item in any event, before or after purchase of the car.

You might find someone on TMS or ebay who has one in your color for sale; if so you can pick it up for less than $400..

You can get a Factory Spoiler from spoilerfactory.com at $209 painted to match. That is what I did. I also chose the free ground shipping and took about a 1 1/2 weeks to arrive at my door. I took it to the my service dept and paid a tech $50 to install looks great. Be sure to get your paint code off your vin sticker on your drivers door pillar. Lower left corner.... (Windveil Blue is P3)
Old 4/23/05, 02:58 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Canada = Spoiler on ALL cars V6/GT coupe/vert

GT will have a Spoiler delete option
(so we've heard)
Old 4/23/05, 03:15 PM
GT Member

Jon,

You may want to look for an aftermarket ducktail spoiler. The factory spoiler is ok and IMO does look better then nothing at all but being you don't have a spoiler to remove I think the ducktail is a better way to go and just works better with this car. I think most people would agree on that.
Old 4/23/05, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Whats a ducktail spoiler?? :scratch:
Old 4/23/05, 03:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by JHL981@April 23, 2005, 4:20 PM
Whats a ducktail spoiler?? :scratch:
Something like this
Old 4/23/05, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered my GT spoiler delete because I knew from the beginning that I was going to install a ducktail. There are lots of options available for aftermarket spoilers. Do some research and find one that you like. Personally I wouldn't put the factory one on because imo your car will look like everyone else's. Good luck~
Old 4/26/05, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by nitwhitt-v-6@April 23, 2005, 2:22 PM
You can get a Factory Spoiler from spoilerfactory.com at $209 painted to match.
Casco also has them. And they sell them on Ebay too. From what I have heard, they get the Roush take offs. I bought a black spoiler from them. I won it on auction for $110 plus $25 shipping. That was factory painted. It was perfect - no defects. I have seen other auctions from them for $175. They have an ebay store you can search for.

Quick Reply: Do mustangs come with spoilers standard?