2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Decision Time!

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/05, 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I have had a coupe on order since Jan 24th. I talk to my dealer and I'm looking at a wait no less than June and maybe more. Well, I did some searching and found a car exactly like mine order except it's a vert. I was really fighting over which to get but in the end I decided to get the coupe on my order. One problem though the dealer that has the vert won't take a-plan for this car. I can't say that I blame them because there are quite a few dealers getting over msrp for the verts. They did say they would sell it for msrp.

Torch red GT, with IUP, ICAP, black top, manual trans, shaker 500, plus every other option.

If I buy the vert I can get it now and have it for summer. But it's going to be around 33k instead of 25k after my A-plan discount for the coupe. Still deciding I'll probably make my decision tomorrow. Just thought I would ask everyone's opinion on here.

I love the vert and I love the coupe too. Tuff decision for me!
Old 3/29/05, 09:18 PM
Banned

Get the car you ordered (or one exactly like it.) Its the one you wanted. You don't want to regret the switch in a year or two.

You'd be paying 8k to make it a vert, everything else equal? Not a very good bargain, and to get it a couple months early? No, I wouldn't do it.
Old 3/29/05, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JZInternet@March 29, 2005, 10:18 PM
I have had a coupe on order since Jan 24th. I talk to my dealer and I'm looking at a wait no less than June and maybe more. Well, I did some searching and found a car exactly like mine order except it's a vert. I was really fighting over which to get but in the end I decided to get the coupe on my order. One problem though the dealer that has the vert won't take a-plan for this car. I can't say that I blame them because there are quite a few dealers getting over msrp for the verts. They did say they would sell it for msrp.

Torch red GT, with IUP, ICAP, black top, manual trans, shaker 500, plus every other option.

If I buy the vert I can get it now and have it for summer. But it's going to be around 33k instead of 25k after my A-plan discount for the coupe. Still deciding I'll probably make my decision tomorrow. Just thought I would ask everyone's opinion on here.

Go with the vert!!! (Clearly I am biased)
Old 3/29/05, 09:21 PM
FR500 Member

Well, if you love both of them, and money is not an issue, and paying M.S.R.P doesn't bother you. What the heck! Go for it

But I'd still try and get somewhere in the middle of A-Plan and M.S.R.P
Old 3/29/05, 09:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

I really don't think you can go wrong either way. MSRP is very reasonable for a vert at this point.

I'd look at it this way. If MSRP is 33k for the vert, A-plan is probably right around 30k. So you've really got a couple of big questions to answer:

1. Is the vert worth 5k more to you?

2. Is avoiding the wait worth 3k more to you?

If your coupe is tentatively going to be ready in June, that's basically a grand a month between now and then to avoid the wait.

But with all that said, I'd probably get the vert. I have no patience at all, and the weather's getting pretty nice. Then when it got to winter, I'd wonder where my 8k and my fastback went.
Old 3/29/05, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JZInternet@March 29, 2005, 10:18 PM

A vert in Michigan, not me. :notnice:
Old 3/30/05, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys for your honest opinions.

When I went to the dealer yesterday I was pretty excited about the vert and they knew it. I told them I would call them in the morning and let them know what I was going to do (either wait for an A-plan coupe or pay msrp for the vert).

Here is what happened this morning...

I called the dealership when they opened this morning ready to tell them to forget it because I couldn't justify the extra 4 grand that I would save on an A-Plan order. For me it wasn't the extra for the vert, it was the fact that I couldn't use my A-plan discount.

Before I could say ANY thing the salesman said that the sales manger changed his mind and decided to give this vert to me for A-plan! So I jumped on it.

That was pretty awesome considering I didn't even say a word. Also pretty cool since many of these verts are going for msrp or more right now.

Don't have pictures yet but as soon as I have the car I'll post them. I should have it in a day or 2. Gotta get my Aplan pin and get everything in order.

I guess it's time for a banana dance.

Torch Red GT Vert
IUP
ICAP
Manual trans
and all the rest of the goodies except it has the Shaker 500 instead of the 1000

I am going nuts right now!
Old 3/30/05, 10:27 AM
FR500 Member

Right On! Black top I assume!
Old 3/30/05, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@March 30, 2005, 11:30 AM
Right On! Black top I assume!

Yup black top
Old 3/30/05, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Good for you! Enjoy it
Old 3/30/05, 10:39 AM
FR500 Member

That's a deal worth going for. Have fun with your new ride! Just remember to put the top up when it snows!
Old 3/30/05, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, there ya go! It's great when the tough decisions suddenly get easier. That is a great deal, and no (further) wait. Now get down there and get some pics! B)
Old 3/30/05, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats
Old 3/30/05, 11:42 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
After riding in my uncles 05 vert u cant go wrong!!! especially if u can get the car now!!! nothing like hearing the rumble with the summer air hitting ur face
Old 3/30/05, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome dealer you're working with! Congrats, and enjoy the new vert!
Old 3/30/05, 12:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well...congrats. If you're happy with the deal, so are we.
Old 3/30/05, 03:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! That was pretty cool of the dealership to do it. Gotta see some pics now.
Old 3/30/05, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

Wow that's fantastic man. My GT Vert just finished "breakin" at 1K miles... a beautiful car - you are going to have such a good time! Congrats on the deal of the century.
Old 3/30/05, 04:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Great Choice. Waiting is tough. This last week of Mi. weather really makes owning an 05 vert awesome. Where are you in Mi.? I am in Waterford and have not seen a vert yet.
Old 3/30/05, 04:38 PM
GT Member

Congrats

I saw a Torch Red vert w/ICAP at our local dealer over the weekend

Quick Reply: Decision Time!