2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealerships in Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/05, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I apologize if there is already a thread on this...
I haven't seen too many folks in here from Maryland. I was wondering if anyone has had the "pleasure" of dealing with any dealerships in there. The dealership I ordered mine from isn't very responsive to any of my requests or questions. It was like pulling teeth to get my order number.
I ordered my car July 20 and as of now it is still in C/U.
I guess after reading a lot of these posts (I admit I am hooked) this seems to be the norm. I am just impatient, that's all.
I think someone here said it best when they said that as long as the ERL is still saying "Clean and Unscheduled" she will be Evil.
This place is awesome. So many of you are very cool.
I am going to go broke with all the ideas I am getting here!

06 GT Prem, PW, Manual, 18" Blades, IUP, 500 Shaker
Old 9/7/05, 08:05 PM
GT Member

What dealership did you order from?
Old 9/7/05, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by NYtoDCStang@September 7, 2005, 10:08 PM
What dealership did you order from?

Sheehy in G'burg. Three other dealerships in the area blew me off like I was nothing...
Old 9/7/05, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

It might be out of the way for you but I bought my 05 GT from Norris Ford in Dundalk. My family has been dealing with them for over 30 years with no problems. My salesman kept me up to date with the information on my car (even thought I already knew). I highly recommend them.
Old 9/7/05, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I purchased mine off the showroom floor on January 3rd from Hill and Sanders in Wheaton. They sold their only GT to me at MRSP, which at that time was nearly unheard of around here. Still might be.

I had bought 7 new Fords from Bob Bell in Glen Burnie and they wouldn't touch that price. Hill and Sanders treated me very well and I will go to them for my future Fords. Check them out. They seem to be straight shooters.
Old 9/7/05, 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Might want to check out Crystal Ford in Silver Spring or Len Stoler in Owings Mills. I've heard for a few other MD'ers that they are decent dealers. But whatever you do, stay away from (CR)Apple Ford in Columbia.

PS. I'd be cool to get a MD cruise setup some time before it gets cold. Anyone else up for trying to organize something like that?
Old 9/7/05, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by pittperson@September 7, 2005, 9:05 PM
Might want to check out Crystal Ford in Silver Spring or Len Stoler in Owings Mills. I've heard for a few other MD'ers that they are decent dealers. But whatever you do, stay away from (CR)Apple Ford in Columbia.
PS. I'd be cool to get a MD cruise setup some time before it gets cold. Anyone else up for trying to organize something like that?
Hey Chris, I'm in for a cruise. Name a time and place, I'm there. Also we need to hit the track. I don't have the nerve to go alone.

I will have to disagree on the Crystal Ford plug, however. They get a big :notnice: from me.
Old 9/7/05, 10:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

I bought my Stang from Vicki Warren the sales manager at Len Stoler Ford in Owings Mills. She was great to deal with and didn't give me any BS. We learned a lot from each other during the process and I actually was able to develop a friendship with her. I never thought I would be saying that about a sales manager at a car dealership. Just tell her Murray sent you and she will make sure you are taken care of.
Old 9/7/05, 11:30 PM
V6 Member

Sheehy in Gaithersburg did the same crap to me, I pulled the plug on my order there and went to Crystal in Silver Spring. Much more customer friendly and I got my info and everything within a week of ordering from them.
Old 9/8/05, 04:20 AM

Originally posted by Clem@September 7, 2005, 10:58 PM
I purchased mine off the showroom floor on January 3rd from Hill and Sanders in Wheaton. They sold their only GT to me at MRSP, which at that time was nearly unheard of around here. Still might be.

I had bought 7 new Fords from Bob Bell in Glen Burnie and they wouldn't touch that price. Hill and Sanders treated me very well and I will go to them for my future Fords. Check them out. They seem to be straight shooters.

This is, unfortunately, one of the dealerships that blew me off. I had a call and an email in to them to inquire about time frames, etc. and never heard back after the initial "Get in here now, time is not on your side" standard email response.
This place is right up the street from me too. darn. Maybe I'll stop by...
Old 9/8/05, 04:23 AM

Originally posted by TerpGT17@September 8, 2005, 1:33 AM
Sheehy in Gaithersburg did the same crap to me, I pulled the plug on my order there and went to Crystal in Silver Spring. Much more customer friendly and I got my info and everything within a week of ordering from them.
Crystal Ford blew me off too. As did the dealership in Bethesda. I bought my last Mustang from Crystal, thus I went there again. They basically laughed in my face and told me that I would never own a GT. The sales Manager was a jerk...
I am not having any luck, am I?!
I guess I will just have to keep bugging my sales guy at Sheehy until I can get another dealership to answer my questions. At this point I'd hate to start the wait over though...
Thanks for all the responses folks!
Old 9/8/05, 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Stang06JS@September 8, 2005, 4:23 AM
This is, unfortunately, one of the dealerships that blew me off. I had a call and an email in to them to inquire about time frames, etc. and never heard back after the initial "Get in here now, time is not on your side" standard email response.
This place is right up the street from me too. darn. Maybe I'll stop by...
It's strange how two people will get completely different results from the same dealer. The internet sales manager @ Hill & Sanders, Ed Giddings, called me back within minutes of placing an internet quote request on cars.com and we struck a deal over the phone pronto. Three hours later a Silver GT is in my driveway. They treated me like a long time customer and have even remembered my name when I have stopped in on occasion. On a cold day in January, they rolled their only GT out of the showroom for me to test drive and then sold to me @ MRSP without a struggle when everyone else was marked up at least $2K over.
At the same time, I had an alleged "connection" at Crystal Ford and got the brush off from them. Weird.........
Old 9/8/05, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by Clem@September 8, 2005, 8:33 AM
It's strange how two people will get completely different results from the same dealer. The internet sales manager @ Hill & Sanders, Ed Giddings, called me back within minutes of placing an internet quote request on cars.com and we struck a deal over the phone pronto. Three hours later a Silver GT is in my driveway. They treated me like a long time customer and have even remembered my name when I have stopped in on occasion. On a cold day in January, they rolled their only GT out of the showroom for me to test drive and then sold to me @ MRSP without a struggle when everyone else was marked up at least $2K over.
At the same time, I had an alleged "connection" at Crystal Ford and got the brush off from them. Weird.........
I think I may give Hill a Sanders (or Lindsay Ford as it is called now) a call. I see a couple of folks here that have had good luck. I don't think I will be using Crystal Ford, though.
Ed is the person I was trying to deal with also at Lindsay. I will shoot him an email today.
Thanks!
Old 9/8/05, 06:48 AM
GT Member

I ordered from Sheehy in Gaithersburg. I'm not looking for my car until spring (also waiting on 64W wheels), so I'm not in any hurry. I got x-plan pricing there. They certainly aren't very communicative, but I finally got my info (no DORA, but the order # so I can deal with ERL).

I also talked to Koons. They seemed OK, but wouldn't give me x-plan.

Good luck!
Old 9/8/05, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I got mine at Bob Bell for MSRP. I stop by there all the time and they still have the GT's marked up big time. They treated me nice but I was disapointed that they would not except my xplan on a preorder.
Old 9/8/05, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered and took delivery of the first GT at Koons of Baltimore. I wouldn't recommend dealing with them unless you like to call ten times for the same thing. Plus, they ordered my car with the wrong wheels and blamed it on Ford. I'm just glad that's over.
Old 9/8/05, 07:52 AM
GT Member

I also ordered from Sheehy because they were willing to take x-plan. Koons would not. I also got the runaround, it was like getting blood from a rock just to get a receipt for my deposit and I never did get a DORA.

That said, according to ERL my car has been built, released and is estimated to arrive the week of the 14th. I have not heard a peep from Sheehy though, I have to give them a ring...I just hope they don't try to back out of the x-plan price when the car comes in.
Old 9/8/05, 08:12 AM
GT Member

I have had my GT on order from Koons Ford of Annapolis since the end of June.
Originally, I was dealing with a lady who was VERY responsive to all of my requests.
We exchanged e-mail addys, cel phone and business phone #s, and it was made clear that I could contact her any time regarding the progress of my order.
For a while, I was scheduled to receive a 2005, but around the middle of July, my sales rep told me that there were no more '05s that fit my criteria specifically, and that I would have to wait 'till the '06s started production.
She said I was looking at a late August–sometime in September delivery date.
I was OK with that.
Then, a few weeks later, I got a call from a different sales rep—a guy—who said that my previous sales rep had left Koons Ford, and that he would be handling my account.
The guy was very upfront and honest about everything—including price (I double-checked the 2006 Mustang Price List and he had quoted me MSRP EXACTLY, to the cent).
I was very impressed with that.
I mentioned to him that I had never test driven a GT, nor had I ever seen Tungsten in person, and he said that if either ever came in he would call me.
About a week later, he said that both a Satin Silver GT and a Tungsten V6 had just come in, and asked if I wanted to swing by for a GT test drive and a Tungsten look.
I came by the dealership, took the SS GT for a spin—with no pressure to buy, at all—checked out the Tungsten color, and left.
The guy's laid-back, no-pressure attitude really impressed me.
All of my experiences with Koons Ford thus far had surpassed any experiences I've ever had with any other dealerships.
This guy was very much on-the-level, courteous, nice, and answered any questions I had quickly and honestly.
He said that, realistically, I was looking at roughly the 2nd week of September as a delivery date.

That conversation took place towards the end of August.
So Sept. 1 or 2, I called and left a message for him, asking politely for an update.
I had never been given a VIN, so in my message, I asked if he could give me the VIN.
I never got a call back.
Mind you, every other time I left a message, he was always very quick to call me back.
So I called back on Sept. 6th, and again left the same message: progress report and a VIN.
I still have not received a call back.

So now this has me wondering.
Sure, the guy may be on vacation, but if so, wouldn't the receptionist (who always transfers me to his line) know this and tell me that he's not around; that I would have to leave a voicemail?
You would think that he would at least be checking his messages.
I just don't know what to make of all this.
I'm wondering if he is avoiding my calls for some strange reason.

To make matters worse, my truck was totaled in mid June, and I'm driving around in a rental, paying out the yin-yang for it.
So if I've just been yanked around, and my car is not really being built, I'm gonna be pissed.

Any thoughts?
Like I said, this dealership, and my sales reps, have been an absolute pleasure to deal with...up until my guy stopped taking my calls.
Old 9/8/05, 08:20 AM

My father works at a FORD dealership in Maryland, and this may be off subject, but does anyone know of a FORD dealership in Maryland that will install the MYColor instrument panel? My father's place of business acts like they have no clue what I am talking about. (Even AFTER I printed out the E-mail from Kc)
Thanks!!
Old 9/8/05, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by evilernie@September 8, 2005, 9:55 AM
I also ordered from Sheehy because they were willing to take x-plan. Koons would not. I also got the runaround, it was like getting blood from a rock just to get a receipt for my deposit and I never did get a DORA.

That said, according to ERL my car has been built, released and is estimated to arrive the week of the 14th. I have not heard a peep from Sheehy though, I have to give them a ring...I just hope they don't try to back out of the x-plan price when the car comes in.
I know exactly what you are talking about. It was like pulling teeth for me to get anything out of them. I asked three times for some kind of order confirmation. I wish I had found this message board sooner!
I had no idea at the time I ordered about the x-plan :bang: so I don't know if they will do that for me at this point.

I just emailed Mr. Giddings at Lindsay Ford to see what he could do since I was hearing such good things about him - he wrote me back in 10 minutes. He's working on something for me now.
I should be able to get my $500 back from my other order, I would hope.

Quick Reply: Dealerships in Maryland