2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer's Logo/Decal - I Don't Want It

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/05, 11:04 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left the badge on mine when I left the dealership because they sold it at $900 less than my local dealer. When I took it in to my local dealer to seal up some rattles, I mentioned hating that the badge was on there. When I picked up my car, guess what was missing! Loved it!
Old 2/18/05, 12:19 PM
FR500 Member

I left my dealer logo on the back for a couple months. I had the only Mustang GT in my city and everybody was asking where I got it from, etc. The dealer told me that lots of people were calling because they saw the logo. He gave me a good deal on the car, so I helped him out with the advertisement. When I put my stripes on though, I took off the sticker. It comes off with your fingernail. Very easy. Use a blowdryer or heat gun a little at first to soften the adhesive.
Old 2/18/05, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mine was the first GT sold through the local dealer back in October. We had a verbal agreement that they wouldn't do the sticker thing and would keep all the paperwork for me. They complied! They did provide the logo license plate frame but that came off as soon as I got the car home.

When folks ask where I bought I give them the dealer and the salesperson names - he gives a finder's fee if one of my referrals buys!

Old 2/20/05, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

I specifically asked my salesman that no decals, emblems or frames be put on my two previous Fords. He complied and said that a lot of people ask them not to affix promotional materials to their cars.

A subtle reminder just before taking delivery should also work in your favor.